Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 25th Bandsters

Hey guys...I was banded Aug 25th so I am only 1 week post-op. I felt discomfort only for the first three days. My surgery was on tues and I was back to work on Fri. Burping was horrible for the firt couple of days, tit felt like I had a brick sitting on my chest. Most of the gas was gone by the end of the weekend. I am not feeling any pain at the incision sites except fot he occasional side twist. I did have an episode on sat night, I was feeling a lot of cramping in my ribs after shopping all day and it did hurt to breath. I was fine after sitting for a couple of minutes. My appetite has been surpressed a little. I don't get hungry as often and when I do a simple ice pop or crystal lite will get rid of it. However, I am having trouble sipping all day. I am not a drinker at work or home so I am not getting in as muh fluids as I should. I also am not drinking my Protein Shakes as I should be, again it is all because I do not have the hunger urge. I haven't weighed myself yet. My first pre-op appointment has to be rescheduled for next week so I will find out my exact weight then. All in all, I think I made a good decison to have this done. It's almost like nothing happened at all, I feel like myself 100%. I shared my story with almost everyone, I wanted them to be able to say that they know somone who has had the surgery and is doing well. To hide it would imply that I am embarassed, which I am not. My next feat is the puree diet, I have no idea what I am going to eat for those two weeks. Any suggestions??????:frown:

Hello, I too was banded on the 25th. I go back to work this Thursday. I'm hoping I'll be ok. I get winded after I shower and weak. I emailed the nurse at my dr's office she said I wasn't getting enough Protein and fluids. It's hard when you're not hungry. Sunday I went and bought a Protein Powder that in one serving it has 60 grams to help me get my nutrients in my system. Taste is good, but I think it's running havoc on my stomach.

I'm getting a bit frustrated. I walked my 20 minutes this morning. Rest for a while. Then wanted to go to the store hours later. I was so tired I couldn't shop!!! WHAT The heck!! I got what I needed and had to leave. I was so exhausted from driving there and walking around. I so hope this gets better. Before surgery I had so much energy now, all I want to do is sit or sleep.

For pureed foods, since eggs don't have to be pureed lots of different ways to cook them. I've also not pureed my tuna. Tonight I had salmon it was so small of a patty and I couldn't finish it, but it was a variety. 12 grams of protein!

So glad to hear that you are doing so well...

I was banded on the 26th and have been exhausted lately. I get tired and feel weak after a shower. I can't walk around the stores to shop much although I have tried.

The main problem I have had is the pain in my stomach and chest. I called the Dr's office and the nurse said it is probably gas. She recommended taking Gas X so I went and got some today. I took two of the chewable tablets and it seemed to help a little but the pain is still there. Not sure what else to do.

I am so glad that ppl are replying to this post. I am also happy to see that we all have experienced some of the same symptoms with the shortness of breath and chest pain. Like I said before, it all goes away once you get rid of the gas....lol:smile: Hopefully others will take the time to reply as well. Lets continue to keep in touch throughout our progress.

Banded on the 23rd. I was tired the 1st week and wondered what I got myself into. I feel better now. Just living off Campbell's Soup - some are soooo yummy like Fiesta Nacho and Shrimp cheese. Add the milk & you get tons of Protein.< /p>

I was banded on August 26th. The pain is starting to subside. I have my post -op appointment on Thursday and will probably return back to work on Friday. I am a little tired but I was not sleeping through the whole night. Last night I could actually lay on my side without pain. I am still on the Liquid Protein diet and have lost 9.6 pounds in one week. I am looking for puree food ideas for once I start that diet.:blink:

Hello ...... I am new to this so please bare with me..lol ... I was just banded on Thursday, August 27th so I can completely empathize with you guys. I have had to deal with the same problems such as gas and chest pain and that is not fun : ( I am just stumped on exactly what I can add to my diet :blink:. I have been on broths, sugar-free popsicles and sugar-free Jello since my surgery and I was wanting to see if you guys started eating yogurt, oatmeal or eggs that early.... I am actually hungry ..... Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I am so glad that ppl are replying to this post. I am also happy to see that we all have experienced some of the same symptoms with the shortness of breath and chest pain. Like I said before, it all goes away once you get rid of the gas....lol:smile: Hopefully others will take the time to reply as well. Lets continue to keep in touch throughout our progress.

hi, I was banded on 25 Aug too, I am still quite sore and I could sleep all day, very little exhausts me but that could be my age, I am 51, I discussed my surgery with my own doctor and he won't allow me to go back to work for at least 4 weeks. my surgeon has told me to stay on liquids for 2 weeks so I have been taking slimfast shakes and smoothies which are ok so far

Thank you for replying so quickly! Are you making your own Protein smoothies/shakes or are you buying them?

Hey Guys - I was also banded on 8-25-09. As of today, lost 7 pounds since 8-24-09 (yeah, Water weight, but it's a start!). Had no problems. Still have all the energy that I had pre-op. Was on Clear Liquids for 3 days. Now I'm on full liquids. This means I can eat Grits (yes, I'm a southern girl at heart) with melted cheese, chili (homemade - pureed really well in the blender by adding in chicken broth), yogurts, ice cream (watching the calories & serving size), and drinking a Low Carb Slimfast Protein Drink for Breakfast (20 grams of protein). I will stay on this full liquid diet until 2-3 weeks from surgery date. Then it's on to mushies:biggrin:

Hey guys and dolls, i was banded on 8/24, i had pain in shoulder and chest drove me crazy for about 5 days, chewed the gas tabs, helped a little,much better now,but i am having the runssssssss,yuk, from what we r not eating yet hello:confused: lol, i am exhausted after any activity,10 min of walking feels like a marathon, can't lay on my side for too long i ache a little,incision is in my belly button, anyone else get that too? bandages fell off finally and bellybutton looks weird,no bleeding though,great surgeon, go for post op checkup friday, back to work,on the 13th, i am getting hungry now, cant wait for the mushies,pureed Soup and cottage cheese, ricotta,yogurt, yummy:rolleyes: and protien shakes Unjury protien is what i take,its great like choc milk well thats all for now talk to u all soon keep losin,lol bye

I was also banded on 8/25. The last couple of days I have been hungry. I see my doctor tomorrow so I am hoping I can start pureed. I plan to pick up a different Protein drink tonight. I like Slim Fast Low Carb but I can't really drink 3 a day plus squeeze in something else for variety.

Hey guys and dolls, i was banded on 8/24, i had pain in shoulder and chest drove me crazy for about 5 days, chewed the gas tabs, helped a little,much better now,but i am having the runssssssss,yuk, from what we r not eating yet hello:confused: lol, i am exhausted after any activity,10 min of walking feels like a marathon, can't lay on my side for too long i ache a little,incision is in my belly button, anyone else get that too? bandages fell off finally and bellybutton looks weird,no bleeding though,great surgeon, go for post op checkup friday, back to work,on the 13th, i am getting hungry now, cant wait for the mushies,pureed Soup and cottage cheese,ricotta,yogurt, yummy:rolleyes: and protien shakes unjury protien is what i take,its great like choc milk well thats all for now talk to u all soon keep losin,lol bye

I had my surgery 9/1/09 and also have incision in belly button and it's pretty painful. Almost as bad as my c-section. gas has been pretty bad as well. Well hopes it gets better soon.:blushing:

Tomorrow I start on the mushy portion of the diet. I wish my incisions were thru my belly button. I have 2.5 inch scar right up front under the rib cage.

Thank you for replying so quickly! Are you making your own Protein smoothies/shakes or are you buying them?

i'm afraid I am being very lazy and buying them, they are made by slim fast and are relatively inexpensive