Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Step It Up Marchies

Hey glad you two know where to come when you need that support and motviation. You're in this slump for a while. There is something going on in your lives that you may not have control over just yet. So, your diet is going to suffer too.

Now that you know you're slipping you just get control over the one thing you know you can do. Go back to the basics and start from there. Find those things that worked and stick to it for a while.

I'm been back to basics for almost a week now and I'm losing the weight I put "back" on during my "out of control moment". Not new weight lose yet.

So begin there and keep it moving.

momlambert, you are my idol. When I think of how my two daughters are so different, I ask myself "why did I think this would be the same or easy? But, they're 17 years apart. Boy, did I get surprised. We are getting better at this mother - daughter thing.

carol1951 - are you seeing a therapist for exercises yet?

so i got my adjustment today.. he added .5ccs.. hopefully this will help a bit..i feel only a lil restriction.. but not quite the sweet spot...:thumbup: but we will see, it sometimes gets a little tighter the next day:blink:

Hi All, just checking in.

I did pretty well this week. Despite the death of my best friend of 43 years. Also despite the fact that her children feels I abandoned her when she needed me the most. They have been harboring this resentment for the past 2 years. Now I know why they didn't have any and little contact w/ me. The communication was one sided. Me to them and no response from them. They should of let me know they felt this way these years.

It is so bad that the daughter had a separate viewing for me and some others 'cause her brother doesn't want me to the memorial for their mother today. Can you believe that. From what I gathered this caused a rift w/ them in addition to other factors that goes along w/ making funeral arrangements.

But, I thanked her and let her know that I would still like to be a part of her life and that I'll be here when and if she needs me. I'm mad and not mad w/ them. I'm just disappointed in how they handled this situation. Being the out-spoken adults they claim to be.

I'm quite sure I've been bad mouthed to their friends and family. I just hope today they don't display this anger to those who ask them why I'm didn't show. Today is not the day to display to vent this. I also hope they don't take it out on my daughter who will be attending. Then of course like mothers' we are, I, will be making a call to him.

But enough of my woes and thanks for reading. What progress have you made?

Jeni - we all have been there. Those few pounds that just won't leave. Remember, the body is probably regrouping from what you've lost so far. And w/ us forcing more weight loss, we may be just holding up our own progress. At this time I just focus on losing inches and let the pounds take care of its self.

Juli, this too shall pass. When that happens to me, it's just that I haven't had enough Protein at meal times. When I increase my Protein back to 3 - 4 ounces or just eat more protein, my cravings usually stop. Also, not buying a lot of bread at one time which I tend to do.

So, let's get back to the basics and see what needs to be revamped.

Blessings and prayers to all.

Edited by Whitepants

Good Day to All. Just an update of my friend's memorial. There was no "body" for anyone to view for she was cremated. Those who attended was very shocked and surprised at this. If it weren't for his sister having a viewing on Friday I would of not seen her. I'm also sorry now that I let my daughter go to school, for I thought she would get to see her on Saturday. But, I'm alright just coming to terms with my life without her now. It's so empty. For like I said she was my friend for the past 43 years.

When I went out last night, I felt her presence there. For it was us being there together dancing and watching others have fun. Putting our heads together talking and laughing about who had on what. A woman there had on those padded "butt" panties. It was hilarious. For her skirt/dress was so tight you could see the imprint and the stitching of it. She looked like those kids who pad themselves from the beating their about to get. So, with the fact she was tipsy wth drink and high heels, she looked funny. It was the way she was walking that got people's attention to this.

Well, so much for me. Life goes on and so will I. Back to the basics and reaching my goal weight by December.

Blessings and Prayers to everyone. Thanks for being here. Thanks. :blushing:

Gwen,

Sorry to hear of the lost of your friend. I know its like losing a part of your family. No words will help right now, but I believe she is watching and knows of your pain.

Take care and don't let this get you down. Its really easy to slip into old habits when we are down.

My prayer are with you.

Carol

Just Checking In

Thanks Carol, I'm coming to grips with her gone. I think more of her everyday than before. Now I'm really going to retire next year and enjoy the rest of my life.

I've been keeping up with the exercises and Portion Control. Weight is dropping slowly but dropping.

Today I lost it for there was a farewell party for co-workers losing their jobs as of tomorrow. Emotions were high but we all put on our best faces and got through it. Tomorrow is another story.

Went to the gym to counteract what I ate today. I had too much carbs. Mac salad and rice. Ate more carbs today than I do in a weeks time. Couldn't do much at the gym though. Did 15min of ellipitical and was done. :mad: Going to sleep when I log off from here.

How have everyone been doing? Nite

ok so a little update.. i lost 3 of the 65lbs that i gained.. so at least making some progress here