Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Regrets After Lap Band?

Yes, I have a big regret that I'll never understand....

Why did I keep reading, thinking, yo-yoing and waiting to do this?? Why:rolleyes:

Soooo happy I took the next step.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

I have two big regrets with regard to lapband: One not doing it sooner and

Two the first six months I spent beating myself up because the scale did not reflect the work I was putting in. Now I can see how silly it was.

My advice, don't measure your success by the numbers on the scale. Get up, get out and move, enjoy your life.

Edited by Lana24
spelling

Lana24...i couldnt have said it any better!

:sneaky: WHY THANK YOU! :sad:

I did my research and I have been approved and will be getting the Lap band soon.

I also have been reading allot of forums and have an come to the opinion and think some of the posters on these forums are just internet trolls. A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Her forum name is off topic and inflammatory and all her post disrupt and place all discussion in her direction.

Anyway take what you think is real and leave the rest. Remember there are trolls and lurkers out there that have their own agenda.

I was just banded this past June (the 3rd week of June), but so far I have NO regrets whatsoever. I am almost 50 pounds down (1/3 of my excess weight!!) and will go for my second fill tomorrow. I have little to no restriction now, so the first 50 pounds I kind of did myself. I'm hoping the next 50 will come off as quickly as the first 50! I have no regrets and am feeling better than I ever have, and am SO looking forward to being thin and healthy. I already have stacks of catalogues that I'm going to order from when I get to my goal haha! Clothes that I've always wanted to buy but never could because of my weight. Very excited! Good luck with your decision!

Hello, I just read your message and I would like to talk to you more about your experience . If you could e-mail me so I could ask you a couple questions, that would be GREAT !

missmystery68@yahoo.com

I am not sure you should rely on this information, their not even sure how much they paid. Some people just like to make you think what they say is real. Research it really good for yourself and then research some more:rolleyes:

Hi I agree, I am not saying this person is not telling the truth but I dont understand how £17K can then go to £20k which seems very expensive to me? Also if you had spent that much surely you would investigate with the doctor why it hasnt worked just incase it needed replacing due to a fault? I would make up my own mind there seems to be far more happy receipents on there than not? Good luck with your decision x

weight.png

No regrets here. It was the best decision I have ever made. I will never struggle like I use to. But remeber this whole surgery option is a life changing experience. You have to mentally be ready as well as physically. Hope this helps and best of luck!:)

I was banded in March of 09 and am now recovering from a second surgery due to the lap-band failing and almost killing me in July. The band is not just some easy, no problem gadget. It is a foreign object that your body may or may not accept or may malfunction due to manufacturing. I lost half of my stomach and had to have all of my organs cleaned because the band ate a hole through my stomach and food went to my abdomen and organs instead. I went to a very respected and experienced hospital who specialized in banding, so you never know when something like this can happen. I think everyone should know these things can happen because I am now recovering from one of the most horrible experiences of my life. It's been over a month since the surgery and I still can't walk straight or drive, I was in ICU for 3 days and they didn't think I was going to survive. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I think it is so important to know that those things that you think happen to everybody else can happen to you. I still can't believe it happened to me! Good luck with your decision and I hope all goes great for you.

So sorry to hear of your really bad experience, I hope you are on the mend and this time things go better for you, you are very brave to have it redone.

I'm not positive if this is true for the person who wrote this, but I have been losing because I am not hungry...at all. I have to force myself to drink my Protein Shakes and then have a little Soup or yogurt besides. It has taken away my hunger....that is wonderful. I have gained and lost 100 pounds at least four times in my life, but have always gained it back and more besides. I know that when the doctor put in my band this past Monday (8/31/09) he added a small fill. I can drink easily, but I am on a liquid diet until Friday (9/11/09) when I will start my mushy stage. I wieghed 375 at my last appointment with my doctor before surgery, and I weigh 354 right now. I know I will continue to lose. It will take a little time at first for the doctor to find the right amount to add to my band so that I can eat a healthy diet and feel full. I have known people who are successful and not successful with the band, but most are successful. I wish you luck!

I'm not positive if this is true for the person who wrote this, but I have been losing because I am not hungry...at all. I have to force myself to drink my Protein shakes and then have a little Soup or yogurt besides. It has taken away my hunger....that is wonderful. I have gained and lost 100 pounds at least four times in my life, but have always gained it back and more besides. I know that when the doctor put in my band this past Monday (8/31/09) he added a small fill. I can drink easily, but I am on a liquid diet until Friday (9/11/09) when I will start my mushy stage. I wieghed 375 at my last appointment with my doctor before surgery, and I weigh 354 right now. I know I will continue to lose. It will take a little time at first for the doctor to find the right amount to add to my band so that I can eat a healthy diet and feel full. I have known people who are successful and not successful with the band, but most are successful. I wish you luck!

Right On :thumbup: .... I'm glad to hear about your success.. I got banded 9/1/09 at 253 and am now 244.. I had bad shoulder pain due to the co2. I'm 5 days post-op and still have a little pain on and of but, It's so worth it. I'm having problems sipping since I've been a gulper for so long. So I have that Ball feeling in the stomach after I drink something. but, once the liquid goes down it goes away.. I just have to practice sipping small amounts. :thumbup:

I think we need to hear from everyone. I would be less likely to believe a site like this if it were only happy bandsters. I appreciate you taking the time to write. I'm looking for all sides to the story

i have the same regret as most of the others, i wish i had done it sooner!! all those years of dieting only to gain back all and more. I do have a friend that almost died from her lap band. Her lap band cut through her stomach and she was in ICU several times. It took a little over a year for her to recuperate from all of it. Of course that is the short version of the story. The point is that there are risks to every surgery, and there are good outcomes and bad outcomes to every surgery. Dont choose to have surgery based on someone elses experiences, because thats just what they are--- someone elses experiences, not yours. I even went to the same surgeon as my friend that almost died, because i know that what happened to her was HER story, not mine. Good Luck with your decision!