Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

400 Pound Bandsters Report In With NSV's Please

I would like to meet other 400 pounds and more bandsters to compare notes. What are you goals and what have you already accomplished.

When you say 400 pound bandster- do you mean currently or at banding time? You see I was 443 when banded and I think (haven't found a scale big enough) that I am under 400 now. Last weigh-in at the docs I was around 410 and (that was 2 months ago) and my clothes are fitting looser and loose and having to get new clothes because the others are just to huge. So I hope to surprise myself at my next doc appt with a huge loss and kiss the 400's goodbye--forever. Some other things I have noticed is that my skin is sagging alot all over. What once appeared tight and taught skin is now saggy and is making me wonder how much of this saggy will be permanent. Given time I am hoping that my skin will catch up with my new body size and shrink some. I think is has already some as my skin appears to be tighter some days verses others. Things like cleaning up after using the toilet are so much easier and have gotten back into the realm of not even having to think about doing it. Tieing shoes,putting on clothes, bending over, getting up are all so much easier. With an estimated loss of 50 pounds, I haven't gotten any accolades from friends or family, but I did hide my weight well and probably am hiding my loss well too-being a very big framed guy 6'1" with really wide shoulders. But I do know that I am wearing a 2 size smaller suit jacket comfortably, a 4 size smaller pants, and a 2 size smaller dress shirt comfortably. The dress shirt tells me that I have lost over 2" just on my neck as I was using a 22" neck tightly and am now in a 20" comfortably. So there are signs of loss all around me.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Teresa....I too started out over 400, 427 to be exact the day of my surgery. I celebrated my 5 month bandiversary yesterday and I have lost 89 pounds and 4 dress sizes! Life is so much better, not that it wasn't good before, but so much more enjoyable now! It's just simple things that most people never think about that I can do now that I've lost weight. I can bend over while sitting at my desk and pick stuff up off the floor whereas before I would have to stand up and then bend down to pick it up or pretend I didn't see it and hope someone else would pick it up for me. Seatbelts fit. I can walk without getting winded. I can actually see that I have a waist afterall! My fiancee has taken to calling me curvy and I love it! Fitting into clothes that are 4 sizes smaller is awfully nice, too. But the best part is being able to get down on the floor and comfortably play with my precious 1 year old grandaughter, Hannah Rose. I had mentioned this in another post I made previously, but the only thing now is that I've lost 89 pounds and I'm almost ashamed to tell people how much I've lost cause I'm still so darn big. But what the hey....I'm losing and that's what matters! I love this post cause sometimes I get so discouraged thinking I'm the only one that has a whole lot of weight to lose. Let's all stay in touch, please. It sure helps me to know I'm not alone!

Both, those who were or are 400 and more. The stories are just so inspirational. Hey Tony it sounds like we are built the same. LOL I am also 6'1" and carry my weight pretty good. No one ever guess I weight 4 something. I because they never met anyone 400 pounds who could actually walk. Tony that is great, keep up the great work. I cant weigh at my primary doctor's office either because someome broke the add on weight for the scale. But I go to my TOPS meetings every week and we have a digital scale that goes up to about 5 or 600.

Beckym, wow you are awesome also, just too inspirational. Again I am right there with you, the little things are such big accompishments. I feel the same way about telling people I've lost 44 pounds and it's a diffrence but not a, "I've got to go buy a new wardrobe diffrence". This is why I did this thread because I do feel a alone being this big. Everyone here is wonderful but you still feel set apart. We will keep in touch. I know that we will all succeed in loosing the weight. Thanks Guys.

Teresa....You and Tony have nearly a foot over me in height so needless to say, I don't carry my weight real well at 5'2". I always wanted to be taller but I missed out on that gene boat. My son is 6'2" and his wife is 6'1". Whenever I go somewhere with them I feel like a shrimp! Congratulations you two on your loses so far and the NSVs. The best part about having my band is knowing that never again will I weigh over 400 pounds!

NSV:

Energy.. wowzer i feel so much better

Sex.. its the best ever.

sleep.. if i manage to fall asleep (late nite tivo watcher) i sleep sooo good

Bras.. first time I tried on an old bra i had lost 9 inches off the one i wore before

Cuddling.. me and hubby can cuddle on teh couch now.. i can even lay on him nps

Shoes.. i can now wear shoes that are cute instead of the only ugly ones that would fit

Clothes.. Nothing fits.. my closet is empty and i have like 3 things i wash and rotate since nothing else fits

Seatbelt.. i dotn have to fuss to get it on.. its simple click

People look at me now.. im not just fat anymore i mean im still big.. but wow peoples attitudes ar so much better around me and i dotn get "stares" like i used to in stores

attitude.. i feel better now i am more confident

hubby.. he loved me before but you can totally tell the changes and he is soooo all for it. EVERYTHING has gotten better in our marriage.

Smiles.. hubby told me i smile wayyyy more now

Apperance.. 6 months ago I would throw something clean on and walk out the door now i take such better care of myself and i try my best to look good when going out

thats my short list =) hope it helps

Katie...Great list of NSVs! I know one thing, life with the band is pretty darn great! I not only feel like I've lost weight, I feel like I've lost years off my age! I sometimes have to remind myself that I'm a grandmother and I better act my age. I missed out on so many years being fat and miserable and now I want to make up for lost time! Congratulations Katie!

WOW Katie those are great!! I have a girlfriend who lost weight, so I will have to see what size clothes she has that do not fit anymore. I saw your pictures and they look great. I love that waitline, you go girl.

Oh Becky we do have you by a foot but of course I always wanted to be shorter. It's not easy finding pants that are not highwaters being tall but some fat on top of that and that's it. I have 5 pair of the same pants. When I find a pair that fit I have to buy them.....all.

I missed out on so many years being fat and miserable and now I want to make up for lost time!

I feel that exact same way. I am ready to LIVE. A friend sent me information about a concert but of course it is not even a thought to go. My brother invited me and my daughter to a baseball game and I straight out told them she can go but I am not because I don't know if I will be comfortable in the seats. I have grown in more ways then one. LOL In that past I would just make up excuses but not anymore.

Are you guys exercising? If so what are you doing?

I'm a new bandster, was banded on Sept 30th, so 9 days out from surgery. My weight on surgery day was 474, I'm 5 foot 7 inches. I would love to talk with people who have as much to loose as I do, I'm looking at loosing 300+ pounds, WOW, that's 3 of my best friend!?!

If anyone needs a scale that goes higher than the standard ones, I have a digital scale that goes to 550 which i got from ebay, with shipping it costs about 70-75.00. a little steep but it works well for higher weights.

johnette

Congratulations Erica

I am here if you need someone to talk to. The band is a great tool to help slow down your eating. I have a love/hate relationship with my band "poochy". I know she is good for me and it is what I need but needless to say I want to at destuctively sometimes but she keeps me in check. It is not easy to learn these hard lessons but we will appreciate at them in the end.

Thank you Johnette, I will keep that in mind.

Well, my husband started out his banding journy at officially 596 pounds.

The support group he likes and uses is the Extraordinary Bandsters Yahoo group. He's currently down to about 420.

I am so glad that you started this thread...I don't feel so all alone and that's wonderful! I went in last week for my 3rd fill but they were unable to do it cause my port had flipped. Hopefully the doctor will be able to do it without surgery but if I have to it'll be OK. The good news is I'm now down 96 pounds! I only have 4 to go to reach the 100 pound mark by my 6 month anniversary Oct. 29. I so hope I can get there. It's just nice knowing that someone else is walking the same mile I am. I have a lot to go but I know without a doubt, I'm gonna get there. It's just nice knowing I'm in such good company doing it!