Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does GOOD Restriction feel like?

Just curious. How often are you hungry? Or are there moments when you're not even hungry at all?

About how much food can you eat at a sitting? Are you snacking?

I am wondering because I have 7.5cc in a 10cc band and I still feel hungry. The nurse told me the other day that I should be close to the green zone. Um, I am still hungry and still can eat quite a bit, less, but still more then I'd like.

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi Hopeful!

I have what I consider to be good restriction- good restriction for me means being full on a small portion of food. I still get hungry, but know that I can only eat a small amount.

My band tightens with my monthly cycle and then I can at times struggle to keep solid food down and have to go back to Soup and shakes for a couple of days, but I still get hungry and at times like that have to forgo food I would love to eat as I know there is no chance of keeping it down and I do my best to avoid Pb'ing.

Sue

i have great restriction - i was banded april 22nd - had to have an unfill in early june, even tho i hadn't had a fill by then just what was put in at the surgery, finally got a fill 2 weeks ago. i have lost over 60 pounds - my dr said it was just on willpower since there was hardly anything in the band and now i am satisfied literally with 3-4 bites of food for hours. and in the morning i just have a glass of milk and it covers me for a long time.

katie

I'm pretty tight right now - I just ate 1/2 of a mcdonald's hamburger patty, and three french fries and I feel waaaay full.

BUT - I used to not have very much restriction at all...I am at 7cc's in my 10cc band right now and at 6cc's I was still able to eat at buffets!! Weird!

So did you feel restriction right away after your fill or did you start feeling it a few weeks after the fill? I eat and feel hungry shortly there after. If I notice the hiccups or any slight feeling of not being so hungry, I try to stop eating so I don't eat too much. An hour later though I'm hungry again, and I mean quite hungry. So I am assuming I don't have good restriction yet. My fill was just last Tuesday though.

I honestly felt restriction right away. I haven't really felt hungry at all...except a few times when I didn't eat for over 12 hours (overnight)....

This is really the first time I have felt "good" during the lap band...I mean...I DID get really upset because I just wanted to EAT and couldn't! But after a few days, I felt much better that I was actually losing weight. Also, I feel much more restriction right after a fill....as I lose weight it gets looser.

Hi Hopeful. I see that you posted this a few months ago. I just want to see how you are going now, as I am in the same scenario. I have 7.5cc in a 10ml band and feel no restriction. I can eat whatever I want and more than I would like. Did you get another fill? Did you get to the green zone?

Really weird. I'm a little over 5.5 ccs in a 10 band and I don't think I've hit that green zone solid. I've skirted around it. But I eat 3 meals per day (small ones) and snack on good Protein filled stuff in the middle.

Of course it is nothing like I ate before surgery but there are times I just feel HUNGRY. I've not really found anything I can't eat yet *knock on wood* and have only had one PB/slimming incident since surgery in December. I've also lost 65 lbs so I guess I'm doing all things right.

What I have been able to guess at is once my weight loss starts to level my stomach won't be shrinking anymore and when I hit that green zone it will be solid and won't flutter around.

Hi Hopefull there is a section on this website on alot of fill Q&A that has been very helpful to me go to the homepage and click on Fills

Hopeful what type of foods are you eating?

I've had only one fill - I'm not at my sweet spot but I feel like I'm only another fill away. I can eat 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with 1tbsp pb in the morning and it will last me for about 4 hours. I try to eat meals only, and snack on a high Protein snack only when necessary. I can't imagine being so tight that I PB after each meal or can only eat a few bites of food.< /p>

Boy! I'm in the same boat! I was banded July 13th and just had my first fill last week. I still have no restriction, and STARVING all the time. I literally have to eat every 2 hrs in order to survive. I find snacking on my Protein Shakes helps me a lot. I was hoping that at least 1 fill would help a little and it didn't! Oh well, everyone is different. Atleast I haven't had a PB since surgery! Probably because I can eat anything still

I too would like to know more about the restriction. I can still eat anything I want, i.e., popcorn, meat, corn, any fruit, bread, etc. I just got my 7th fill and I have about 5.5 ccs in a 10 cc band and I don't feel any restriction at all. It is frustrating, I just got another fill yesterday but I still don't feel any restriction from it. Anybody?