Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting rid of the flabby abs!

Okay...so there has to be some really great exercises out there for getting rid of my "spare tire". It's already gone down a bit by losing a little weight and I know it will continue but I want to work on that troublesome spot so the skin doesn't stay loose. Any ideas? I've had two babies, one was a c=section and that's where my roll is, right above my incision of the c section. I know there's the good ol' crunches and sit ups but I'm looking for any other ideas to swap up with.

Thanks for any input!:w00t:

For me, nothing worked better than RUNNING! I had no idea it works your abs, but my stomach went down considerably when I was doing the Couch to 5K program.

Gotta have the cardio.

Running uses your abs and burns the fat! Any cardio should help deflate the tire! :(

how long after being banded can i run? 6 weeks?

I think after 6 weeks you are supposed to be able to do all normal activities.

Check out the Couch to 5K, it's a great program! There is a thread about it in the fitness section.

I like my abcircle pro. It works your core very well. I also agree with the others, running is very good.

I think after 6 weeks you are supposed to be able to do all normal activities.

Check out the Couch to 5K, it's a great program! There is a thread about it in the fitness section.

thanks i will check it out (:

I like my abcircle pro. It works your core very well. I also agree with the others, running is very good.

Sparkles62:

I've seen the abcircle pro on commercials, but never watched the entire ad. It really looks cool. A few of questions on it. First, how much was it? Second, besides the core what does it work on? Third, is it hard for a somewhat clumsy person to do?

Thank you.

Sue

I would like to hear more about the Abs Circle Pro too!! Seems pricey but if it works, I will totally buy it.

Suzanne.sounds like you are doing great, but what if you can't run? I have a very bad hip, i am very limited to what i can do, i have been loosing inches, but i have the belly, cant get rid of it..i have been using a gut-buster for about 3 wks now, have not seen any results yet. I have heard the wii has a exercise vidio that is supose to be fun and really works.. What do you know about it?

Thanks, dee

The abcircle pro works your core, your arms, and you can do two exercises for your inner and outer thighs. I have lost another inch from my waist since I started using it. The cost is $200 but you can do the easy pay if you want. Yes, a clumsy person can do it, I know, I am about as graceful as a bull in a china shop:lol:.

My daughter was the wii fit. It is great cardio and is fun. The more you use it the more it opens up. There is also yoga on it.

I have the Wii Fit, but must confess I haven't used it much. I think for me, if I couldn't run, I'd try to swim. That is the least demanding on your body of all exerices.

One of my friends is giving me an ab circle pro, somehow she ended up with two of them. Does is reallly work for you?

It's surprising to see that no one has posted Pilates as a core exercise. It is a great way to lose the belly in conjunction with some form of cardio whether it be the treadmill, eliptical, bike etc...