Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone, I just want to put out there that I was banded 3 August, if there is anyone else out there wanting to keep in touch about how we are doing please, "write on!"

greetings Catherine. I was banded a day after you. I can honestly say it was much more than I anticipated it being. How are you feeling? I am not at all hungry, but I always feel like I am just loaded with gas. I have been walking, but I seem to get exhausted much sooner than I would like. Please share with me what your experience has been like. And thank you for the invite-I would love to keep in touch!

Hi congrats on your banding! I have a date for sep 11. I have a question for you. Did you stay overnight? (they are telling me i can go home that night).. and this is my real question - did you need care at all? I am thinking of going home w/ a taxi (I live in NYC) am I crazy? and I live alone. Can you let me know what I am in store for and if i REALLY need to plan on someone getting me home and helping me.

I'm not sure if its gas or heartburn or maybe I'm full. I think I got rid of the gas from surgery, oh what a killer that was, right between my shoulder blades and boobs. But now the only time I feel chest pain is when I drink something. I don't know if I'm gassy or its heartburn or maybe I'm just full. Its been 5 days and now I'm starting to feel hungry. My tummy has been angry at me cause its been growling. I can't "feed it" because then I get the chest pain. As far as the surgery, I don't have anymore pain or soreness, its just getting itchy where the cuts are. You think if we were to get that Mederma stuff it would heal with no scars?

Is this thing on? I have such a problem posting. My screen does this refresh thing whenever I hit the submit button. I wrote quite a bit to reply to you guys and it didn't show up.

Hmarko - I would have someone there to help you at least the first two days, even though I was able to go home the same day I decided to stay overnight and it was the best thing for me, taking a taxi home isn't bad but keep a pillow with you to hold your belly in place especially for the bumpy roads over there... Gas is the worst part of this I was banded 8/5 today so far no pain meds just one dose of liquid tylenol for a headache. walking really does help.

I think my stomach is hitting my ribs. My port is on my right. On my left side I feel like a strained muscle but its not, I think its my stomach. Its goes from under my boob down and around my ribs to my shoulder blade. What could this be? I cant sit down, there's pressure. I can't turn, its pulls. I can't lean over, it hits. What could this be?

Hey guys, I was banded 8/3. I'm doing well...the surgery had me taking it waaayy easier than I thought I would be. Glad I took a full week off from work. I was not hungry and had a hard time with Water or shakes for the first three days. Day 4 and 5 my hungry returned.

I started mushies on Monday...kinda bummed b/c I've gained 2 lbs since then...and I'm hardly eating anything! From what I've read that happens to some people. What about you guys?

I've been eating mashed potatos, blitzed chicken and roast beef. strawberry smoothy with banana in the magic bullet-that is yummy.

WOuld like to try scrambled eggs (I make killer eggs), but they are not on my mushie list. Thought I'd wait a while longer.

I get really bad hunger pains when hungry. The gas is pretty much gone. I'm now mindful not to "gulp" when drinking as my doc says that is what causes gas from this point on. (he also said chewing gum and smoking causes one to swallow more air and cause gas)

Hope everyone is doing well and stay in touch!

Hi congrats on your banding! I have a date for sep 11. I have a question for you. Did you stay overnight? (they are telling me i can go home that night).. and this is my real question - did you need care at all? I am thinking of going home w/ a taxi (I live in NYC) am I crazy? and I live alone. Can you let me know what I am in store for and if i REALLY need to plan on someone getting me home and helping me.

Personally I could not wait to leave the hospital. Everything is so uncomfortable there. Plus they wanted me the heck out of there, gotta turn over those beds you know.

I felt so much better to rest at home in my own bed.

My husband took the first day/surgery day off with me and that was it. Then I was on my own for the rest of the week during the day. Everyone I talked to in my clinic said you're fine on your own day 2 and on... it only hurts to get up and down b/c your sore from your incisions.

I agree on hugging the pillow on the way home. Bumps hurt!

Good luck to you!

I was banded on 8/10 and am definitely interested in bonding with other August bandsters! I'm wondering if anyone else would like to join a private group on FB...we could be the Auggies! Let me know, I'll create it! Find me there: Monica Wroblewski, Washington DC.

Cat, it definitely sounds like all gas pain...laying on my stomach, which my doctor said was ok, actually helped get some of it out. Walking helped, too. I took Gas X the other day, but it's hard to say whether or not it made a difference. I can't say I've ever prayed for farts before, but man I'm happy when they come...less air in my body!!! Hope that feels better soon.

I'm also dealing with itchy incisions right now...I HATE THAT! I am also totally planning on whipping out the Mederma as soon as everything is closed up, I'm hoping that it will really minimize the scarring.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi all, I was banded 8/5/09. I feel really good and have lost weight alreay (yeah). Hmarko I was really happy to stay in the hospital overnight- I took a long time coming out og anesthesia and was very groggy, also needed a little oxygen until the next morning(3am). So how is everyone doing with excersize, that has been my struggle as I am tired much quicker than normal. Chasing my 4 year old seems all I can do sometimes. But I am going to make the family go hiking with me in the AM can't wait, we have some beautiful trails around here. Well, good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll all be able to KIT and do this together.

Crystal