Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

missed the goal

Well i am bummed out, i get to wear the Big "L" on my forhead, i finally got the insurance to do the band this year, signed up and got approved, my insurance required me to loose 5% of my weight, so it was around 18 pounds. Even had 6 months to do it.... but i hit a roadblock and would gain back what i lost, so kind of quit trying, had gained some weight back, so i had 7 pounds to go... so i cut my calories down to 1700 a day, rode my bike for about 45 min 5 days a week, and walked for at least 40 min a day,

I went in for my final weigh in, and missed it by 5 pound, even after the extra effort i only lost 2 pounds...

i was told i can reapply next year.... i think i will put about 20 pounds of rocks in my pocket......before the first weigh in, and pull one out every 2 weeks for the weigh ins!

so good luck to everyone else, i will still keep reading others success's

mike :wink:

Oh, Mike, I'm so sorry! I know you must be feeling really bad but hang in there! Since you're already watching what you're eating and exercising, you're already doing good things for yourself! Maybe you can try an appeal with the insurance. Sorry, I'm self pay so I'm not up on ins regs. Is it possible that all the walking and bike riding converted some fat to muscle? Muscle weighs more. Maybe your doctor can help with re-applying or getting another chance sooner. Five pounds isn't so much. I hope they reconsider.

I really hope things begin looking up for you!!

Take care,

TPG

Edited by ThePoolGirl
typos

i was told i can reapply next year.... i think i will put about 20 pounds of rocks in my pocket......before the first weigh in, and pull one out every 2 weeks for the weigh ins!

Oof! That hurts.

I agree that you may have gained some muscle there, but I question whether it would have made any real difference.

If you were able to get onto Group Health coverage, I'd recommend them. Your admission is into a program, partway through which is the surgery.

I presume that re-application means another 18# to lose? If so, I think you were on the right track with the < 1700 cal regimen. That's what I did, but I also only did 40 minutes of walking each day, not the triathlon you were pulling off.

Good luck with the new application.

Thanks! I wrote a letter to my insurance board, and they will not budge on there conditions, I work for the University of Washington, so it does not matter which insurance i have that they offer, they all have to have the same exact coverage...

i dont think i worked out long enough to build them kind of muscles, i only did that for the last 3 weeks, before that, i was doing around 2200 calories, walking 5 to 6 days a week, and only riding my bike about twice a week, the town i live in is pretty flat, so it probably is not as hard of a work out as it sounds...

but i agree i think the 1700 calories for 3 months with the walking would probably get me to the goal...

but i agree i think the 1700 calories for 3 months with the walking would probably get me to the goal...

You could buy coverage on your own. Not cheap, mind, and potentially unnecessary if you've enough extra weight to still be a surgical candidate when you reapply.

Familiar with Marysville. We (were) regulars at Tulalip's buffet, which isn't too far from there. Actually, we were regulars enough we'd get comp from the hostess in return for critiquing the food quality. Kinda miss the place -- great food, some perfectly valid even now, but a tad pricey considering how much I can eat. She's now at Angel of the Winds, running the restaurant; need to go visit her again.

And, to be sure, 1700 cal, low-carb/high-Protein, and 45 min daily walking got me down 40#, starting from about 345#.

Hang in there, and I'm sure you'll be able to meet the requirement next time.