Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Yes, the cassoulette was WONDERFUL!

If you go see the Julie & Julia movie, listen for a reference to cassoulette! I will try it when I can get some time in the kitchen alone!! Like when Earl is at Tracy's cutting the lawn! LOL

And I bought a can of chick peas so I can try making some hummus! Did you see that garlic sauce for sale at that little place we stopped at after Eugenia Falls? I bought a jar and brought it home (along with a bottle of the original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing sauce). Ummmm, good! Has a little bite to it and I think it's perfect to add to the hummus! Plan to try the other on some chicken tonight.... will have to fight my way to the kitchen to do that! Because I always get this "what are you doing in MY kitchen???"

3_13_8.gif

Dumb broad!!

[/url]

(Idiot Behind Keyboard)

3.5 lb was for the weekend..... think I had the flu!

But, TOPS weigh in today...

last one was 3 weeks ago before my trip to NY/Canada.

So I was down 7.4 lb in 3 weeks!

I have thought about all those IV fluids, so I'm prepared for a gain post-op. One nice thing about the joint replacement class (besides the sex manual-LOL) was they passed around a copy of the menu I'll be ordering my food off of. So I have a good idea of what my choices will be, and they are many! Looks like I can order an eggbeater omelet for Breakfast. There are lots of good healthy options.

That's a GREAT suggestion, Karla!

I'm sure a local church would help you.

Yeah... isn't it funny how pant legs and shirt sleeves get longer as you lose weight!? Most capris are already long pants on me! I have black cotton knit with real wide legs that should work fine, but I"m not so sure about Tweety Bird and Betty Boop PJ pants! Legs might not be wide enough. I bought a pair of big shorts with wide legs the other day as another option, also cotton knit.

I will no more after my pre-op appt on Thurs, but with surgery on Tues. morning, I think I'll probably be going home by Friday or Saturday. I know they take out the morphine pump at 6:30 a.m. the day after surgery no matter what time your surgery was the day before. I know I had it longer than that after the last knee surgery. But... no inpt rehab for knees, only hips, apparently. I was told one month of in home PT and then one month of outpt PT.

Hospital has WiFi, so going to have Earl bring my laptop as soon as I'm awake enough!

Ouch! yeah... no Oprah bras for right now! I need to look at JC Penney's. Tracy is always finding bargains at our local JCP.

Phyl - You have the greatest sense of humor !!! You have me lmao !!! 7.4 in 3 weeks - That's like the most you have lost in that short of time isn't it - your ticker is private so I can't check - but regardless - that is phenominal !!! Especially since you weren't home - for me being out and about and tempted by more food is harder for me to make the smart choices.

You use to be able to find those bras years ago - so much eaiser - but I don't see them anymore - maybe for a 32 A but that's about it - It must be about the support issues..

Ya $75 buck for a bra is a bit much (mystic)- it would have to take away my back fat roll (well really saggy skin) and feel like I wasn't wearing one for me to fork out that kind of $$

Your hummus sounds really good - I think I have a can of ck peas in the cupboard - I may just have to make some dip but don't need the chips after my Saturday treats..

To day I had fruit for BF - salad for lunch w/chicken and a cup of my new fav thing (french press coffee) at 3 and 1/2 banana at 4:30- Well thought the coffee would get me thru the workout tonite - Idrise said you didn't eat well today did you (I rarely fade during my leg exercises) and I said no - I just had salad for lunch cuz of the treats I had on Saturday.. He said ya I can tell - But I did the hard part (leg presses 200 lbs and then lunges) and I did recover after a bit..

Hi Everyone,

Last post I said I had to go cause the phone was ringing.

It was the nursing home. Mom is in hospital again. Her stomach hurting so bad the pain meds they were giving her didn't work. The hos. said it looks like diverticulitus flare up. She is on antibiotics. The nurse said the demerol wasn't working, so she gave her morphine and she got hives, so she put a pain patch on her. She feels terrible.

Really busy at school right now. Have to go to workshop all day tom, and Wed. It's gonna be so much fun, I'll probably popl

Phyl-congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!

Check in before going to bed. Finally got the quilt on the frame and the first part quilted, ran out of thread in the middle of the row, ggrrrr.

Denise, I'm sorry about your mom. It's tough.

On the bra issue, mine are pretty beat up. I'm wearing ones that are about 3 years old. Let's just say, support is nonexistant.

Have to go to school on Wednesday, one of the teachers resigned a few weeks ago, so I am on the interview committee. I don't know why I bother, the powers that be never listen to what the teachers say anyway. Our superintendent is NOT my favorite person, and the feeling is mutual. He ALWAYS starts the new year off with saying how lucky we are to have such quality in the NEW hires. Never does he say, that the 'old' staff is quality. It just bites me in the shorts.

Anyway, food good today. Tomorrow I will be stringing fencing so that will count as my 'workout'. Hope it won't be too hot.

See you all later.

Yep... 7.4 lb in three weeks is a new record for me!

And I am just a little over a lb away from -120 lb,

AND... less than 10 lb from ONEDERLAND!!

Won't that be ONEDERFUL!!

15_8_6.gif

Back on the Wii tonight... first did the walk in place thing with weights on my wrists.. I think it was 7 minutes. Not bad. Need to strengthen muscles before surgery. Felt it in my calves and in my shoulders and neck, so I know I am really out of shape.

Have been lazy about doing this for the last month. 7_5_137.gif

Didn't do so great in my favorite balance exercises, except for a new high in the downhill skiing (advanced)... just a hair over 50 seconds.

18_6_109.gif

Phyl, I'm so glad the scale is moving for you. AND great job working on those muscles before surgery. All of this will help get you back on your 'feet' ASAP.

Unfortunately, my scale has 'stalled out'. But that is typical for me. Lose then stall. It wouldn't bother me a bit, if I wasn't scared that the stall became permenant.

Up at 6 am, and the house is squiet!! This doesn't happen very often.

I think I have found a short term solution to the financial issues. DD#5 has a nest egg built up, and while it kills me, I am going to borrow some from her. Between DD#4 helping with groceries, and borrowing $300 from DD#5, I should make it until Sept 20. It will leave me with some debt on my credit card, which I hate, but at least we will have all the bills paid, food in the house, and gas in the car. Once I'm done at the nursery, I won't need to drive much except for grocery shopping. I only live about 3 miles from town, so I'll ride my bike. So with God looking over my shoulder, I should make it. Then it will take about 6 months to pay off the credit card & DD#5. But at least I should be able to keep my house!!! That's assuming that my sept 20th raise doesn't put me into a new tax bracket.

:wub:Good Morning Gang..

Happy Tuesday !!!!

Denise - Hugs on Mom !!! Ya works a B isn't it - too bad we aren't filthy rich and didn't have to do it - but I guess in a way we have to count our blessings - we do have jobs (even if they are the pits) so many have lost them. Well this is what I keep trying to tell myself anyway :0)....

Phyl

10 lbs away from onderland - OMG We are going to have to throw a party !!!! I just am so proud of you and all the work you have done to get to where you are today...

I haven't really done my Wii since Kaitlin was here and what was that around the 1st of July - I did the wii resort but that's more games -

Karla - Yep things have a way of working out - On that Duke bill- that would be the 1st one that I would lower the payments on by 1/2 - if money were that tight for me.

Yep stringing a fence is considered exercise - you would die here in the desert :0) - I think it's going to be 110..

You need a new bra !!!! The girls are important to be up where they should - it makes you look thinner !!!!

All bosses are the same way - they ask for your opinion then totally discount them.. I am not my bosses fav person cuz I speak my mind..

Well gang not much to report on - same old same old - home - work etc...

Oh did I tell you all that Sheba is PG - Andrew finally took her to go get fixed while I was in Canada - and they said sorry - it's too late and she is too far along - I thought she was looking a little fat...

So 2 weeks after delivery -in she goes to get fixed - she's so young (under 1 yr) that I am a tad concerned on how she's going to handle it (Motherhood/delivery) but it will be natures way..

My DGD Brooke missed her 1st day of kindergarden yesterday - she woke up at 3 a.m with it coming out both ends... Melissa was leaving for the airport then to go to Denver (has some Nurse thing continuing ed or something) so Joseph had his hands full - he ended up taking her to the er - they gave her a shot and it stopped - I talked to her last night she was feeling better - I think they are keeping her home today and she will go tomorrow..

Well that's about it for now.. Better get my but in gear..

TTYL

Congrats on the Pregnancy!!! Oh my a Grand Mother again???

Errands today, my OHIP card was about to expire (Aug 31) and I had to go down to the Gov't offices and get a NEW photo taken and let them know I continue to want to be a TISSUE/ORGAN donor if I'm ever found dead somewhere... I know its morbid, but I truly beleive in Organ Transplantation, and if you don't sign the little card - your wishes might get missed.

Dropped in on my Mom for a couple hours, read teh news paper together... its hard for her to keep up a conversation as she gets out of breath so easily... But that's o.k. she is Happy just to have me sitting in the room with her.

IN an hour I go off to work, man I am dreading the place most days now... that is not nice... as I LIKE my Laser job and I love my patients (99%) of them anyways... its just the ditz at the front desk... I can just see her scowl when I walk in... even though I saved her 'bacon' yesterday, that won't ever be mentioned... or a "thanks Candice for helping me out"...

GOOD NEWS, tomorrow I have the day off and Peter and I are driving to pick up the R.V. then "I" get to drive it home... Peter will be driving our other vehicle with a tow of Wood befind it...( don't ask, more wood for the Shoppe?)

Today, he's building an "URN" for a friend of ours... her DH passed away a few years ago and Peter made his URN to hold the ashes... Well DW likes it so much she hired Peter to make one for "her" ashes... (when the time comes its all ready)

May be a cottage industry there???? Humm????

Have a great day ladies!

Oh my gosh, I have to EAT my words...

Remember when I was complaining about the 'ditz at the front desk'.....

Well, I got to work today... and she THANKED ME PROFUSLY for helping her out of a tight spot yesterday with the Computer!!!

I just about poooped my pants.... so that made me feel better and actually, she was rather pleasant today!

hummmm

Ah, and tomorrow I have off!!! YEAH!!!

Oh my gosh, I have to EAT my words... Remember when I was complaining about the 'ditz at the front desk'..... Well, I got to work today... and she THANKED ME PROFUSLY for helping her out of a tight spot yesterday with the Computer!!! I just about poooped my pants.... so that made me feel better and actually, she was rather pleasant today! hummmm

LOL! We all have to eat our words every now and then!

I guess it's healthy!

Who is pregnant?? I must have missed that!

Phyl, Sheba, Janet's dog, not one of us...thank Gossh.

Well decided to total redo the baby's fence (the dogs) instead of just rewiring. So pounded in 20 posts, that is my 'arm' work out. For those of you who live where you have dirt, not rock, it is a few minutes job, here where we actually have to buy dirt, because it is all rock (old river bed) it takes about 2 hours of pounding the post driver up & down, manual, not disel, then strung a half an acre of fence. Now could I have done this last week when it was 65 degrees, oh hell no, I decided to do it when it is in the upper 90's. Janet, I'm a whimp, I couldn't of handled 110.

My new fill doc, just emailed me to see how I doing with my decision to not have a fill, suprised me.

Yep Janet, bra's are on the agenda when I get paid. By then maybe I will have lost enough to go to Victoria Secret???, Nah, I need the industrial strength to drag them back up where they belong.

Well, I have a bit of a headache from the heat, so I'm going to take a nap. So check in later.

Congrats on the Pregnancy!!! Oh my a Grand Mother again???

Errands today, my OHIP card was about to expire (Aug 31) and I had to go down to the Gov't offices and get a NEW photo taken and let them know I continue to want to be a TISSUE/ORGAN donor if I'm ever found dead somewhere... I know its morbid, but I truly beleive in Organ Transplantation, and if you don't sign the little card - your wishes might get missed.

Dropped in on my Mom for a couple hours, read teh news paper together... its hard for her to keep up a conversation as she gets out of breath so easily... But that's o.k. she is Happy just to have me sitting in the room with her.

IN an hour I go off to work, man I am dreading the place most days now... that is not nice... as I LIKE my Laser job and I love my patients (99%) of them anyways... its just the ditz at the front desk... I can just see her scowl when I walk in... even though I saved her 'bacon' yesterday, that won't ever be mentioned... or a "thanks Candice for helping me out"...

GOOD NEWS, tomorrow I have the day off and Peter and I are driving to pick up the R.V. then "I" get to drive it home... Peter will be driving our other vehicle with a tow of Wood befind it...( don't ask, more wood for the Shoppe?)

Today, he's building an "URN" for a friend of ours... her DH passed away a few years ago and Peter made his URN to hold the ashes... Well DW likes it so much she hired Peter to make one for "her" ashes... (when the time comes its all ready)

May be a cottage industry there???? Humm????

Have a great day ladies!

Oh my gosh, I have to EAT my words...

Remember when I was complaining about the 'ditz at the front desk'.....

Well, I got to work today... and she THANKED ME PROFUSLY for helping her out of a tight spot yesterday with the Computer!!!

I just about poooped my pants.... so that made me feel better and actually, she was rather pleasant today!

hummmm

Well there's another job for him - making urns - a great way to sublement his retirement income - load them up in the RV and drive around selling them..

Pple do surpirse you sometimes - glad she did say thanks...

Well since Sheba's really Andrew's Cat - wouldn't I be a great grandma :0)

LOL! We all have to eat our words every now and then!

I guess it's healthy!

Who is pregnant?? I must have missed that!

SHEBA - :wub: :thumbup: She's a little hoochy mama -:( she's not even a year - she was most likely born early Sept - we got her 10/19 and I think she was barely old enough to be with out her mom...

I think everyone here - beside's Karri is to old to have anymore babies :( - and she doesn't want any... So our lucky

Phyl, Sheba, Janet's dog, not one of us...thank Gossh.

Well decided to total redo the baby's fence (the dogs) instead of just rewiring. So pounded in 20 posts, that is my 'arm' work out. For those of you who live where you have dirt, not rock, it is a few minutes job, here where we actually have to buy dirt, because it is all rock (old river bed) it takes about 2 hours of pounding the post driver up & down, manual, not disel, then strung a half an acre of fence. Now could I have done this last week when it was 65 degrees, oh hell no, I decided to do it when it is in the upper 90's. Janet, I'm a whimp, I couldn't of handled 110.

My new fill doc, just emailed me to see how I doing with my decision to not have a fill, suprised me.

Yep Janet, bra's are on the agenda when I get paid. By then maybe I will have lost enough to go to Victoria Secret???, Nah, I need the industrial strength to drag them back up where they belong.

Well, I have a bit of a headache from the heat, so I'm going to take a nap. So check in later.

Karla

Sheba is a Kitty that Andrew brought home the day after my brother died - he knew I was in no shape to get into it with him about another animal... Both dogs are fixed (Angel the poodle/female & Bear/Pom/Male)- The pet store where they were purchased made you fix them it was in the cost of the dog...

You got your exercise in girl...

I have one bra from VS - I am small 34/deflated C - their bras are more for the girls who have young perky boobs...

Plus I don't like paying $45 + for a bra - I like the buy one get one 1/2 off or free - My jc penny bra's give me a nice cleavage

Hi Everyone,

Last post I said I had to go cause the phone was ringing.

It was the nursing home. Mom is in hospital again. Her stomach hurting so bad the pain meds they were giving her didn't work. The hos. said it looks like diverticulitus flare up. She is on antibiotics. The nurse said the demerol wasn't working, so she gave her morphine and she got hives, so she put a pain patch on her. She feels terrible.

Really busy at school right now. Have to go to workshop all day tom, and Wed. It's gonna be so much fun, I'll probably popl

Phyl-congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!

'

Denise, I am sending HUGS and prayers for wellness for your Mom... It is so hard to see them hurting:sad:

I visited my Mom today, and she was doing o..k.... she woullllllldn't go outside to look at the gardens... she's just content to sit inside and read or watch T.V.

Wish I could get her to do more:bored:

Oooops... I forgot... Sheba is the pregnant one. Didn't know she was such a slut! I really LIKE that cat, too! LOL

I was trying to figure out who was getting a new grandchild!

15_2_126.gif

Was going to go to DD#2 after my 2 yr follow-up appt tomorrow, but they are fighting stomach flu. I think Earl brought it home last week and that's what I had on Sunday, but not taking any chances. Frustrating that we'll be down in the "south end" and not be able to go visit. Haven't seen them since the weekend before our trip back east. Tentatively blocked out next Thursday for them in hopes everyone will be healthy by then.

Celebrating our 45th anniv with lunch at the Space Needle on Saturday. Hope it is a nice sunny day.. rotating restaurant with fantastic view... Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, downtown Seattle.

Phyl, 45 YEARS!!! I'm in awe.

Janet, sorry about the mix up!! I didn't really realize that Sheba was a kitty. Fortunately, my kitty was a rescue and had already been fixed. She is starting getting up in years. She had some pretty bad infections when she was abandoned by her owners so she probably won't get to an old age. My previous kitty lived to 19, before she had to be put down.

Well need to eat some dinner, catchya all later.