Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice, Prednisone will cause you to retain Water too--don't be dissapointed if you're up on your birthday. It's only temporary. What a cutie you were 30 years ago (and still are, BTW)! I gotta tell you, I was NEVER that thin. For my wedding, I dieted down to a size 13, and that was the last time I saw that number. I did lose 100 pounds about 15 years ago but gained it all back plus.

Carla--this is the place to vent! I do my share of it. Did I tell you that I did order one of the table runners from one of the Hawaiian sites you posted?

Ate poorly at the party. Never mind the details--not good. Tense--my mom was there and she does not interact with anyone else but me and dd--and then only if we approach her first. Lots of attitude. That, of course, makes me miss most of what else is going on with everyone else. So relieved when she left, but by then I had filled my stomach with empty calories. (see, I'm venting again!)

Phyl--check in--nothing on FB either--you sleeping from all Earl's PT and pain meds?

Got the puppies walked and laundry almost done. Groceries bought, house picked up, car mucked out, and a good portion of my lessons done for the week. It was suppose to rain all day, but instead it is 90. I wanted the rain so I didn't have to Water.

food is good today, figured I better get extra careful going into the first week, yogurt, kashi, blueberries for Breakfast, cottage cheese, blueberries, almonds for lunch. Grapes for snack. dinner is going to be some chicken, veggies, & a bite of potatoes.

Linda, glad you found something you liked. I could have done some major damage there, but I am behaving for the next 6 months. It will take me that long to get my credit card paid off. I can't handle having a balance, it makes me shop indescriminately, into the thousands. So, now I can not use it until the balance is at zero.

Well need to go back to work, ttfn

Phyl--check in--nothing on FB either--you sleeping from all Earl's PT and pain meds?

Okay... here I am checking in. Just not motivated to get on the computer. Pain meds make me groggy. Leg is elevated making it harder to use the laptop. My Outlook program is all screwed up and I can't see most of my email.

Taking Oxycotin q12 hrs, Hydrocodone in between... can have 1-2 q4-6 hrs. But if I take more than one I just sleep. Earl is making sure I do ALL my exercises 3X a day. And today I took my first shower since surgery. They didn't even offer me a washcloth and towel in the hospital... I was on my own. Good thing I brought my own stuff.

Oh, yeah... hydrocodone has me very constipated. That's quite miserable. Colace 100mg 2X a day and trying to drink my crystal lite/benefiber.

10_4_6.gif

Just don't feel much like eating and drinking but doing better with liquids today than yesterday. Tracy brought me a latte today, Earl walked over and got me one yesterday. Morning coffee doesn't taste good. The crystal lite doesn't either.

Okay.... I'm done whining... well... almost..

Got on the scale when I got out of the shower...

went up 3 lb.

:):mad::wink2::mad::ohmy:

Phyl, remember they have been pumping you full of fluids. Naturally you are going to have a weight gain. Right now it is about healing!!

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been out the house all weekend. DH's BD yesterday. I cooked for him. He is putting in oak flooring upstairs. We painted my bedroom a lovely shade of green yesterday. Kinda pear. Worked all weekend.

Phyl- Hope the pain goes away soon. Pain medication is the devil! You might need some MOM, pecocet is OMG the devil!!!!

I have been PBing all weekend. Right now I have a horrible lump in my throat. Feels like I'm choking.

We are supposed to go camping next weekend. DS doesn't want to go, and I won't leave him home. He can't be trusted. He is not easy!!!! DD was a breeze. DS is making up for it!

Hello ladies. Remember me? I know... I know....it's been a LONG time.

Had my pink ribbon bike rally to put all together. That was yesterday. It was wonderful. Raised 1800 after expenses. Really good for the first time I did it. Had a great ride on top of that. All my worrying was for naught. Thank goodness.

Michael's first counselor appointment was Friday. She gave me a little insight. He goes back this next Friday and then the Thursday after. She said there are a few things he is willing to work on, but she isn't overly optimistic. She said that he will either make some good progress in the next month or he will end up in some big trouble and be assigned a probation officer...and that could be a blessing because then someone besides me is the bad guy and telling him to get his @$$ in gear. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but...I guess it is what it is. She said we will probably start family therapy in the next month too. I really hope it all works out.

Let's see....what else. Oh...very tight still. Calling tomorrow to see if I can get into Bismarck next week. I leave on the 9th and REALLY cannot be this tight for my walk. I'll never make it! I'm hoping she will take out half of what I have. I just can't take this anymore. I have to say, the more and more trouble I have with this, the more I think a sleeve is a better choice. grrrrrr. I'm sure there are issues there too, but I'm so tired of not being able to eat. Went out for tuna on Friday. Woke up Saturday morning and still had it in my pouch. Lost it when I tried to drink my coffee. grrrrr.

Got my passport. Jeff can now get serious about whether he wants to do the sleeve or not. He has NO excuse anymore. I'm not pushing, but I can't imagine what he'll come up with this time. It's almost comical. He gives me an obstical...we get past it....he gives me another.

Okay...gotta get off here and do other stuff. I'll let you know about my appointment schedule.

Denise I'm with you on the PBing, dinner was not a success. So after awhile I am going to have some popcorn and FF Fudge bar. Maybe that will work.

Finally got everything done, lunch is made for tomorrow. It will be a long day. The kids are usually pretty mellow, more involved in socializing than anything else. I'm trying some new things. Trying to incorporate more technology, and maybe relax myself a bit. I need to remember that the students need to learn how to learn, more important than what they learn.

You all have a good week.

Steph, I'm so sorry about Michael, but as you said, "It is what it is." If nothing else, family counceling will help you and the family to deal with Michael's choices. I know it is hard to see him in a destructive mode, but hopefully the councelor will help him WANT to make good choices. I pray that he will make it through this and find his way.

Right now DD#4 is doing okay. I have sent out a couple of requests to the Secret to help her find her way. In many ways she is a lost lamb. You are right, at 23 she should be taking charge of her life. Heck at 23 I had 3 kids, but I had already moved out and was on my own at 15. Not what I suggest for her. DD#3 is moving back to Montana from Chicago. She will be living with her dad and step-mom for a couple of months and then moving to Billings if her job works out. DD#4 has been talking about moving in with her. While I know that it is important and a big step for her to move out on her own, I don't know whether moving in with her sister is a good idea.

Finally ate some yogurt and Kashi last night since, I couldn't eat dinner. Breakfast & lunch where excellent. Dinner was about 4 bites of chicken, popcorn, FF Fudge bar, & then the yogurt and Kashi. Calories were good, but I have been getting into the snacking mode. Hopefully today will be better. Dinner is going to be crockpot roast & carrots with about 1/8 c of potatoes.

Anyway, you all have a good day. Steph I want homemade kettle korn, do you feel like a road trip over labor day weekend? I hope you all have fun plans, think of me trapped doing school prep. I think DD#5 & a bunch of kids from the dorm are going to float the river and then I'll BBQ for them. It sure is dang quiet without her. Don't know how it will be not having her at school with me.

TTFN

Phyl--Narcotics tend to excerbate depression as well. I have a feeling that this week will be a bad one for you. It's OK if you don't feel like posting. We understand. We just miss you, that's all.

Oh Steph, you are doing all the right things. Counseling is hard work; it's not the pannecia that everyone thinks it is, but it's all we have (pesides prayer). I'm glad that you have some positive things going on with the bike rally and walk--good, productive things to put your energies and frustrations into! I've had "tuna" exeriences too--ugh! Sometimes it keeps me awake all night! I've learned not to eat anything after 6 pm or I pay for it all night long. I'd convert in a minute if I had the money!

Denise--my advice would be to rest your stomach--do a day or two of liquids. Hate to say it, but you'll probably have to stay home with DS. I know it sucks, but if you can't trust him, you need to keep a close eye on him. remember, I had three of these (DS's)--all different, but all problems in one way or another.

Speaking of DS--got a phone call yesterday: "Well, just wanted you to know that I'm OK. . .Yeah, the plane was at 13,000 feet (2 miles) when I steped out of it. . . Yeah, Nicole was the last to jump. . ." OMG~!!! At least they called AFTER they jumped!

Then another call from another DS in Pasadena: "Just want you to know that I'm not evacuating yet. . .Yeah, I can see the fires from my apartment. . .It's surreal. . .the mountains are steaming. . ."

Yeah, you never stop worring about them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

:ohmy:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

:blush:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDICE

:wink2:

WISHING YOU A VERY VERY

:huh2::)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY !!!

:wink2::huh2:

:eek:LOVE ALWAYS - JANET:wub:

I am here. Coming home... an adjustment, but I'm doing okay. Getting in to our big high bed was not a challenge at all and I was really worried about it. It IS an awful long walk to the BR from my recliner in the living room, but that's okay. In between bathroom has kitty box in the way.

Sex rules won't be referred to for a while!:wink2::):ohmy:

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute here! I have NOT abandoned you for FB! I just had cars to move and one Lexolus turn to take. I wasn't there very long. Did not have much tolerance for laptop yesterday. Trying to figure out how to keep pain under control without being a zomby all the time. Haven't eaten much of anything all week because pain meds keeping me sick to my stomach. So now I am on MY routine. I think I'm going to take the strongest one only at night and the others... one, not two... in the daytime and see how that goes. All I wanted to do all day yesterday was sleep. Then friend from Three Rivers CA was in the area and she stopped by. Tracy stopped by and brought me a latte and a casserole she made for our dinner. But I am feeling awake and alert and not too much pain this morning so I think it will be a better day.

Seahawks not looking so good so far but hopefully they will get better. Aaron Rogers was my very first fantasy pick when we did our draft last Sunday. I had him last year, too.

I can't believe that baby is having a birthday already!! One year old, right!? Wow!

This is not good news.... my current "nurse" has a bad cold! I hope I don't get it!! He's been complaining about it for days. I have an in home PT gal coming around 1 pm and I'm supposed to have an in home nurse coming today, too, but haven't heard from her yet. Dr's P.A. told me to make sure I take a pain pill before PT gets here and another when they leave... and he looks me right in the eye and he says "cuz they WILL hurt you!"

Phyl Hugs Hugs Hugs !!! Pain is a terrible thing and the meds do usually just put you to sleep (at least they do for me) me and vicidon don't get along - so I feel for you - it makes me sick to my stomach !!!

How did the pt go !!!

Good morning!~:blush:

Oh Phyl, so good to see you posting... and with your humour intact!!!

LInda; Birthday party tomorrow, that'll be a blast... What did Gramma Linda and Grampa Mel get for Cora??? I am sure you went nuts shopping for that!!! Yes, and I agree about the weather, Janet is being way to SELFISH with the WARM weather... next week SEPTEMBER ARGH!!

My B-day is on Monday, I'll be 54 how FLICKING sick is that!!!

Darling there is nothing wrong with 54 !!! I'm 54 !!! headed for 55 !!! Now that's going to be a werid # - thinking about it is depressing and look you have a whole nother yr til you get there !!!

WHoa.... here are some BLasts from the Past!!

My neice Jenny, sent these to me on Facebook tonight.. Crap, look how skinny I was back in the Day..

Meaghan was a little tike... so cute

Gotta love the GLASSES!!!:wink2:

Love the Pictures - you look the same !!

Ladies, I'm gone for 1 1/2 days and you only made one page, what's up with that. Just got home from the trip across the state and back, and Montana is not a small state. We picked up DD#4 new car, it is sweetie. The only downer was the insurance. I called my agent this week and asked about insuring it. She said just call with the vin #, so I told her that it would be Saturday and the office was closed. She said no problem, call the main company and they will add it right away. Here is the pisser, I call Unigard and they tell me that they can not add a car over the weekend. I asked them what I should do...their answer, don't drive the car. So here I am 400+ miles from home and they say don't drive the car. I left a not to pleasant message on my agents answering machine. I held my breath all the way home. Now I won't be able to add the car until Monday AFTER DD#4 goes to school. If anything happens to that car before we get it insured, my agent won't have much skin left on them.

Had a short visit with my dad, he looks better. He is in a lot of pain from the arthritis in his back, 60 years of bending his 6'5" body to work in the tunnels of the mine have taken it's tole. He had a dr. appointment on Friday and thought they were going to do something about the pain, instead they made an appointment for NEXT Friday to deal with the pain. But I was glad to see him. Picked him up some fruit & veggies, since mom hadn't bought any.

Stopped and checked out my brothers new house, very gorgeous. They have worked hard and earned it. Lucky me, I got my car filled with quilting stuff. I whole roll of batting, some wonderful wool, a new faucet for the kitchen (mine broke a couple of months agao), and a great entertainment center. My SIL has a big boy long arm and does a huge about of quilting, but she new I couldn't afford batting for my quilt tops, so she said she needed to down size her supplies, yeah right, what a sweetie.

Sorry, enough about me.

Phyl I'm so glad you are home.

Candice, YEAH on the less the less itching.

Janet, let's not talk about food. Mom doesn't cook, so today I had my regular BF, but no lunch, no dinner. Lunch was a McDonalds BF burrito, dinner was...okay, don't scream, popcorn and a Ben & Jerry's cherry Garcia ice cream bar. Not the best choice.

Karla -

The car is a replacement you have coverage (well most policies I would have to read yours) but it would be covered..

We won't talk about food yesterday had soapa (sp) Pasta mex style...

Sorry about the venting yesterday. Tired and irritated, a long 2 days. We stopped at the dorms on our way home and met DD#5's young man. He seems very sweet. Looks pretty young, but my strong willed DD#5 tends to hang out with younger people. She is a leader with strong morals and values. However, many times her 'boyfriends' have been several years younger. I think she has some of her father's 'control issues', so a younger male allows her to be in charge. He is probably only a year younger than her, she is 19, but he does look like a baby.

Had great intentions of sleeping in this morning, I guess 6:30 is sleeping in, but 9 would have been better. Hey this way I have some quiet time.

Candice, your 'back in the day' pics are awesome. HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!! Go do something fun.

Janet, you will get those pounds under control. With the amount of stress you have, what do expect. For us, stress = food. How was the tattoo 'removal'? How do they go about it? DD#4 has a tattoo that she regrets getting, cried about it for days after she got it. Impulse.

Phyl, take the meds as you need them. Right now it is about controlling the pain. Are you taking your Vitamins since you have been too tired to eat? What about a Protein Drink. Your body needs Protein to heal.

Candice, I'm with the older lady at the back of the church...Memories.....

Hope to get a lot done today, straighten the house, laundry, clean the koi pond filters (I need to get a bigger system), muck out my car, go to school for a few hours...

Well need to get back to school work, TTFN

He woke up sick - didn't go - I went target at 8 then just laid around the house until we went to the MJ concert which SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED... We left early and so did a whole bunch of others

Okay... here I am checking in. Just not motivated to get on the computer. Pain meds make me groggy. Leg is elevated making it harder to use the laptop. My Outlook program is all screwed up and I can't see most of my email.

Taking Oxycotin q12 hrs, Hydrocodone in between... can have 1-2 q4-6 hrs. But if I take more than one I just sleep. Earl is making sure I do ALL my exercises 3X a day. And today I took my first shower since surgery. They didn't even offer me a washcloth and towel in the hospital... I was on my own. Good thing I brought my own stuff.

Oh, yeah... hydrocodone has me very constipated. That's quite miserable. Colace 100mg 2X a day and trying to drink my crystal lite/benefiber.

10_4_6.gif

Just don't feel much like eating and drinking but doing better with liquids today than yesterday. Tracy brought me a latte today, Earl walked over and got me one yesterday. Morning coffee doesn't taste good. The crystal lite doesn't either.

went up 3 lb.

:huh2::mad::huh2::mad::eek:

Darling don't worry about the weight right now - you aren't eating and moving and are retaining all that Water - ducolax is the best for the tmi subject..

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been out the house all weekend. DH's BD yesterday. I cooked for him. He is putting in oak flooring upstairs. We painted my bedroom a lovely shade of green yesterday. Kinda pear. Worked all weekend.

Phyl- Hope the pain goes away soon. Pain medication is the devil! You might need some MOM, pecocet is OMG the devil!!!!

I have been PBing all weekend. Right now I have a horrible lump in my throat. Feels like I'm choking.

We are supposed to go camping next weekend. DS doesn't want to go, and I won't leave him home. He can't be trusted. He is not easy!!!! DD was a breeze. DS is making up for it!

Denise Hugs why are you pbing??? Liquids

Hello ladies. Remember me? I know... I know....it's been a LONG time.

Had my pink ribbon bike rally to put all together. That was yesterday. It was wonderful. Raised 1800 after expenses. Really good for the first time I did it. Had a great ride on top of that. All my worrying was for naught. Thank goodness.

Michael's first counselor appointment was Friday. She gave me a little insight. He goes back this next Friday and then the Thursday after. She said there are a few things he is willing to work on, but she isn't overly optimistic. She said that he will either make some good progress in the next month or he will end up in some big trouble and be assigned a probation officer...and that could be a blessing because then someone besides me is the bad guy and telling him to get his @$$ in gear. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but...I guess it is what it is. She said we will probably start family therapy in the next month too. I really hope it all works out.

Let's see....what else. Oh...very tight still. Calling tomorrow to see if I can get into Bismarck next week. I leave on the 9th and REALLY cannot be this tight for my walk. I'll never make it! I'm hoping she will take out half of what I have. I just can't take this anymore. I have to say, the more and more trouble I have with this, the more I think a sleeve is a better choice. grrrrrr. I'm sure there are issues there too, but I'm so tired of not being able to eat. Went out for tuna on Friday. Woke up Saturday morning and still had it in my pouch. Lost it when I tried to drink my coffee. grrrrr.

Got my passport. Jeff can now get serious about whether he wants to do the sleeve or not. He has NO excuse anymore. I'm not pushing, but I can't imagine what he'll come up with this time. It's almost comical. He gives me an obstical...we get past it....he gives me another.

Okay...gotta get off here and do other stuff. I'll let you know about my appointment schedule.

Steph - You are very stressed right now - I know it makes my band tight !!! Hugs and yes I get you on someone else being the bad guy..

Phyl--Narcotics tend to excerbate depression as well. I have a feeling that this week will be a bad one for you. It's OK if you don't feel like posting. We understand. We just miss you, that's all.

Oh Steph, you are doing all the right things. Counseling is hard work; it's not the pannecia that everyone thinks it is, but it's all we have (pesides prayer). I'm glad that you have some positive things going on with the bike rally and walk--good, productive things to put your energies and frustrations into! I've had "tuna" exeriences too--ugh! Sometimes it keeps me awake all night! I've learned not to eat anything after 6 pm or I pay for it all night long. I'd convert in a minute if I had the money!

Denise--my advice would be to rest your stomach--do a day or two of liquids. Hate to say it, but you'll probably have to stay home with DS. I know it sucks, but if you can't trust him, you need to keep a close eye on him. remember, I had three of these (DS's)--all different, but all problems in one way or another.

Speaking of DS--got a phone call yesterday: "Well, just wanted you to know that I'm OK. . .Yeah, the plane was at 13,000 feet (2 miles) when I steped out of it. . . Yeah, Nicole was the last to jump. . ." OMG~!!! At least they called AFTER they jumped!

Then another call from another DS in Pasadena: "Just want you to know that I'm not evacuating yet. . .Yeah, I can see the fires from my apartment. . .It's surreal. . .the mountains are steaming. . ."

Yeah, you never stop worring about them!

Linda

Belated Happy Bday to Cora - Sorry about your mom - I am reading Pat Conroy new book - your mom sound like one of the characters in the book - and xnun who got married.. A real piece of work...

Ok gang just a pop in - As I said my concert sucked big time - didn't do anything thing put watched tv - Andrew and I did watch this movie - Wes Craven's House on the left - something like that - it was violent but ok..

I gotta jump in the shower - talk to you all later

Good morning ladies. Hope you all slept well.

Phyl, the pain meds put you to sleep so your body puts all the energy into healing. I think that's how it's supposed to work, isn't it? If you're sleeping you can't be walking or anything destructive :biggrin: Not that you would, but I think there is a purpose there. I'm wondering how your PT went too. I hope they didn't hurt you too badly. Don't worry about the weight or the calories right now. You're doing what is best for you, even if you do gain. It will be so much easier for you to get it off once your knee feels better. Will you be able to get out to the walk route? I want to see you. I need your number again too so I can call when we get to town. Not a lot of time for anything but walk, but an hour or two here or there maybe. We get in @ 2 on Thurs. and fly out @ 10 on Monday. We'll figure something out. I really hope you can make it to closing ceremonies!

Karla, we fly out of Missoula on Thurs. I will be driving to Lincoln on Wed. After we get in on Monday I don't have to hurry anywhere. Maybe I can hang around Missoula until after school. How does that sound? Let me know.

Denise, just because DS doesn't want to go doesn't mean you need to ruin your camping trip because of him. If he can't be trusted, he needs to come with you. It's his problem. If he was better behaved, he could do what he wants...because he can't handle it, he gets to do what YOU want. That's just my humble opinion. Obviously I've got enough troubles with Michael so maybe I shouldn't be giving parenting advice. Just a thought.

Okay...here's the plan for the next 2 weeks. This week, house work, get ready for garage sale, pack for 3day. Saturday/Sunday garage sale. Monday go to Minot. Tuesday Bismarck for adjustment. Wednesday to Lincoln. Thursday to Seattle. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday walk. Monday fly to Missoula. Tuesday drive to Plentywood. Wednesday take dogs to beauty parlor. Thursday or Friday take Michael to therapy. Do you all think I'm busy enough? I'm thinking NOT! Somewhere in there I need to get a new pair of shoes. Mine have all the miles they can handle I think. I don't think they will make it through another 60 miles....but need to break them in too. Hopefully after next Tuesday I'll be able to eat! I need the energy!

Alright. I'd better get going and do something. I'll peek back in today. Love you all!

10_4_6.gif

went up 3 lb.

:blushing::mad::biggrin::mad::biggrin:

Phyl, remember they have been pumping you full of fluids. Naturally you are going to have a weight gain. Right now it is about healing!!

Phyl, Karla is right, you've been pumped full of liquids and you've not had your usual Activity... it'll POOP out don't you worry. I like to take " PRODIEM Plus" it works well after you've had codiene. ALso nibble on some dried Apricots or prunes... I'll all help

I'll bet that SHOWER felt divine!!! :biggrin:

Hello everyone.

Spent the week-end bqbysitting the kidlets. And, on not a whole lot of sleep. Nerves were strung pretty tight. Had a bad bad day Friday foodwise. Then, didn't fall asleep till about 5:30 am. Figured it was sugar overload. Been really careful since then. two hours of sleep sucks and I don't want to repeat that. Of course, right now I'm not eating a whole lot. Had an appointment at the dental school last week. they took e-rays and then they will review them and get back to me with a plan. And of course, Murphy is working overtime again. My one tooth lost two pieces. One Sat. and another one yesterday. Inside of my mouth is pretty torn up. Hope they review my xrays soon and get back to me soon.

Happy Birthday, Candice. Posted it this morning on FB. 54..............I wish.

Steph - I really don't know how to put this without stepping on toes here and pissing you off.........but.........You are one Busy Girl. It's been this way all summer. Is it possible that this is part of Michael's problem? Sounds to me that something has to give. You can't expect things to run smoothly with a schedule like you have. You're gonna have to sit down and figure out your priorities. I don't know the situation at all and I know there is a lot you haven't said but it seems to me that he is crying out for attention. Kids don't care how they get it...........they just want it , any way, any how. Okay. Now tell me to shut up and MMOB.

Will try and check back later.

Hello everyone.

Spent the week-end bqbysitting the kidlets. And, on not a whole lot of sleep. Nerves were strung pretty tight. Had a bad bad day Friday foodwise. Then, didn't fall asleep till about 5:30 am. Figured it was sugar overload. Been really careful since then. two hours of sleep sucks and I don't want to repeat that. Of course, right now I'm not eating a whole lot. Had an appointment at the dental school last week. they took e-rays and then they will review them and get back to me with a plan. And of course, Murphy is working overtime again. My one tooth lost two pieces. One Sat. and another one yesterday. Inside of my mouth is pretty torn up. Hope they review my xrays soon and get back to me soon.

Happy Birthday, Candice. Posted it this morning on FB. 54..............I wish.

Steph - I really don't know how to put this without stepping on toes here and pissing you off.........but.........You are one Busy Girl. It's been this way all summer. Is it possible that this is part of Michael's problem? Sounds to me that something has to give. You can't expect things to run smoothly with a schedule like you have. You're gonna have to sit down and figure out your priorities. I don't know the situation at all and I know there is a lot you haven't said but it seems to me that he is crying out for attention. Kids don't care how they get it...........they just want it , any way, any how. Okay. Now tell me to shut up and MMOB.

Will try and check back later.

Kari, there is no way I will tell you to shut up. I've thought about this being a cry for attention from him because I am so busy. I often wonder if that is a problem. He needs to realize that life happens though, and that he is NOT the center of the world.

I invite him to come with, to join in, and to help out. His general attitude is "no way in hell." A few times I insisted he come along so that we could spend some time together and he definitely made that IMPOSSIBLE. He told his therapist, his counselor, his father, and me that life is just so much better when I'm not around and he wishes I never came home.

We have worked hard lately at making sure that Michael is not required to shoulder the burden of the little ones very much. We were told that he resented it that he was expected to baby sit. I can't say I agree with that completely because it is just one of the things that you have to do when you are part of a family, but we are working harder to limit that time. He owes us quite a bit of money though so he does have to work that off.

So Kari, I know I am busy. However, I am home a lot more now than I was when I worked full time. Then I left at 7am, got home @ 5:30 if I was lucky and was gone most weekends. When I was home I was grading, working on lessons, trying to keep up on housework, and if there was anything left, THEN the kids got some attention. But I do worry that my schedule is part of Michael's problem. I don't know what to do. Not doing while living out here in no mans land will drive me crazy. I have no really close friends here who don't work and when they are off work they are concentrating on their families. I would be stuck here at home with no one. I just can't do it. So this is the best I can manage.

Oh...and don't you dare MYOB!!! You're family and deserve to be heard and I love all your advice. Keep it coming. Love you.