Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hello all!! I'm back. Had a great time with my mom, daughter and grandkids. The weather was hot (90's) and muggy. Too hot for walking but did do the pool every day and discovered if I put the noodle under my arms and laid on my back, it was just like pedaling my exersize bike. It was great waking up every morning to two big hugs and kisses from Gavin and Karina. They were really good if you don't count the couple of meltdowns Gavin had. They charmed their great gramma no end. She was so happy that we came down to see her that she gave me an early Christmas present. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? A blank check for my Tummy Tuck. AND my arms. Gee, wonder what else I could get done while I'm there?

Finished scanning all the pages I missed while gone. I know I probably missed a whole lot but hey, six pages?

Okay, I'm on brain overload now. There was so much I was going to say here but I can't remember. Anyway, HUGS FOR EVERYONE. CHINS UP, IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER. Okay, enough of that. I'll check back in tomorrow and maybe then my brain will be functioning on all.....(dang, I forgot the word). Maybe I'm still on the grandkids level. (goo goo ga ga)

Hello all!! I'm back. Had a great time with my mom, daughter and grandkids. The weather was hot (90's) and muggy. Too hot for walking but did do the pool every day and discovered if I put the noodle under my arms and laid on my back, it was just like pedaling my exersize bike. It was great waking up every morning to two big hugs and kisses from Gavin and Karina. They were really good if you don't count the couple of meltdowns Gavin had. They charmed their great gramma no end. She was so happy that we came down to see her that she gave me an early Christmas present. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? A blank check for my Tummy Tuck. AND my arms. Gee, wonder what else I could get done while I'm there?

Finished scanning all the pages I missed while gone. I know I probably missed a whole lot but hey, six pages?

Okay, I'm on brain overload now. There was so much I was going to say here but I can't remember. Anyway, HUGS FOR EVERYONE. CHINS UP, IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER. Okay, enough of that. I'll check back in tomorrow and maybe then my brain will be functioning on all.....(dang, I forgot the word). Maybe I'm still on the grandkids level. (goo goo ga ga)

WOW!! Blank check for PS!!!

That's GREAT!!! Congrats!

Talked to Steph last night on Facebook. She is doing good. Michael is home and yesterday was a 'great' day. She was sitting having an adult beverage and eating that deliscious kettle corn.

Finally got that darn scale to move. Some of the hardest work I have done in a long time. Good for me I guess.

DD#4's dad SAYS he will pay for a new car. I'll believe it when I see it.

Kira, have fun with that check. You will look fabulous.

You all have a good day.

weight.png

Did my hour of brisk walk. hotter than heck here. Going to work on DD#5's ragtime quilt and then help a friend move some furnature around. Should get busy on laundry and picking up the kitchen, bleck!

Good Morning Gang - Started a post earlier but boss came in hit exit instead of something else - so lost post :0)

This is what I dislike about my new cube the most my back is to the doorway and you can see my screen when you walk in - were before you couldn't so I had plenty of time to switch screens :() - I guess they expect me to work at work not be on lbt :0)

Karla - Daddy should be helping - think posititively !!!!

Girl you have only 33 lbs more to go to goal - you are doing fantastic. Glad to hear Steph is doing better...

I talked to Karri (well we posted on FB) she promises to stop by soon (9/8) she isn't working like a crazy person but still working and making time for her and DH - So all is good..

Kari - Glad you have a great vacation and congrats on the blank check - all that more incentive to quit the sodas and lose those 15 lbs you gained !!! I am jealouse !!!

Well better get back to it - before someone walks in and I lose my post

CBL - TGIF !!!

OMGosh, I've missed so many pages!!

Up at the CAMP, R.V. ing, but I wanted to check in with my GIRLS!!

My Gosh Janet; Kittens holy crap ola! I am glad you were brave enough to perform CPR on the one little TOAD.

Phyl: I am getting so excited for you! Only another couple of days until your surgery... YEAH!! At long last eh?

Kari: Blank Cheque for your Plastic Surgery? Holy moly that is so awesome... where are you going to get your "work" done? Any Ideas? There is a great p/s clinic in Sarnia, Ont. Its called BLUE Water Cosmetic somethingorother... but the DOC there is awesome, check out their web page... and with the Us $ and Cdn $ diff you might save even more money still!!!

Stephanie: Hugs there GF I didn't have time to go all the way back and read everything... cause my SIS is hanging over mly shoulder as I TYPE....argh!

Linda; Do somthing FUN for yourself every day o.k. hun, even if its only 5 mins... gotta keep the stress monkey's at bay o.k.???

KARRI: wherever you are, we miss you and hope you are not working too hard!!!

Denise: Hopefully by now your Mom is starting to feel better and has more get up and go... I know how much you worry about her :(

Well our little get=a=way is enjoyable even with the ever present showers.. luckily we missed the Tornado that peeled thru Barrie, On.... we are 4 hours north of there... way out in the 'boonies' (hum the title song from Deliverance) but it is beauty bar none...

Right now the clouds are wafting by so fast that its sunnyout again and we just had the most spectacular Rainbow that i have ever seen!! Right down close to the water's horizon, not high up in the skiy like usual... really stunning... I think my DS got a picture of it so maybe I'll be able to post it once I get home.

DS is having friends in for CARDS tonight.. so that'll be fun.. Peter slept alone in a Cottage last night!! He didn't want to sleep with mi in the Camper... too close for comfort:lol: its just taking some time to get used to.. its only a double bed in there, and we have a KING at home.:cursing:

Don't think we'll be climbing up "CLIFF LAKE MOUNTAIN" this year... its been too wet and the rocks up there would be way to slippery... also I dont' think I am as in good a shape cardio wise as i was last year at this time. I just havn't been working out as much as I should.

But that is going to change.... I am really looking forward to getting better ackwainted with that LAPBAND site and following some of its guidelines and menues... time to get back to BASICS with MY band.... and LIFESTYLE...

I know you know what I mean, you guys have all lost 100+ lbs and I am only 65... no excuses... I got off the track that's all... I am the only one to blame...

But alas, I am still on holiday rfight now and access to my DSISTER's computer is at HER whim... not mine.. getit??? She has to be Yaking at me every minute of every waking hour....

She can't help it, 6 mos in MEXICO with No one to speak English to, then 6 mos up at the CAMP in the Canadian Wilderness, no nextdoor neighvbors to drop in on.... Ohmy!!!

MISS you gals, and love you more than better.....(you don't bug me and get on my last nerve) ha,ha,ha..:(

Candice, bszzzzzzz, bszzzzzzzzzzzzz. are we buggin you yet? Glad you are enjoying your trip.

Linda, I am with Candice, you have to find something everyday. We only have one life, so make it worth while. Of course, I'm one to speak, remember me last year in the middle of the school year. I do have a plan this year. I'm going to get up a couple hour earlier in the morning and quilt. Last year I got so depressed I hardly touched my sewing machine. Then, I am walking out exactly when I can (I usually alway stay 2 to 3 hours after school) and go for a walk. Then, home for a skinny, SF latte. That's the plan anyway.

Well should go make some dinner.< /p>

Linda - Hugs GF - Wish I was there then we could go out and do something - drinks dinner shopping or a movie -

Candice - Glad you got to check in - we miss you - and yes girl you can get those 40 lbs off - You just gotta make your mind up...

Too funny Peter doesn't like the double bed - my x told me when he say mine that he guessed I wasn't sleeping with anyone cuz it's just a queen - we had a california king !!

Karla - I usually leave work right at 4 - I'm there at 7:15 ish so by the time 4 comes around I am tired. I say I would love 4/10's but don't know if I could work those hours...

I'm having the stuffed bell peppers I made last night and didn't eat - today at work they had pizza - I didn't have any

Today I have had 42 grms of pt so far - 430 calories -

Pt cookie - Pt Taco cheese snack - Pt bar - I just haven't been hungry for food - just junk :0) but at least I am getting my pt...

The house is quiet, beds are stripped, towels in the wash, on my second cup of coffee and things starting to get back on track--for a little while. Next week will bring more caos, but for today it's all good.

I know if I could pay for PS--or someone would offer to pay for me--I'd lose the last 15 in no time at all! No soda--no problem!

Wore my Canada sweatshirt last night--feels like fall around here :biggrin:

How're the kitties doing today? What are you going to do with them? I actually would take one if I could--not that I'm looking for a kitty, but I do prefer them to dogs.

Looks like we're going to have Luke and Nicole's (DS#3 and DIL) beagle for awhile. They have to be in Minneapolis the day after Labor day (Sept 7, Candice :o and as of right now, they don't have an apartment. We said we'd store their stuff, including Twinkle. . .

Still praying for you, Steph, and you too Phyl. I keep looking for your updates.

Janet--tell Karri that we miss her. Glad to know that she's keeping in touch with you and all's well.

Karla, You should post some pics of your quilts sometime. My mom quilts too, but no one can ever ask her to make a specific one. She only does what she's "inspired" to do, and most of them are boxed up in her closet and only hauled out on occasion. Once in a while she'll give one away--I do have several--but they're for display, not use. My DD desperately wants a Hawaiian quilt for her bed. My mom has one, but has never offered to give that one up. If you or Candice ever get the urge, I can tell you what colors she would like and even pay a goodly amount! Although I could never attempt to pay what you deserve for all the work that I know goes into them! Oh the other hand, if you know of someone or somewhere to look for one, I'd sure appreciate it!

Well, the towels are done and it's time to switch loads and remake some beds. Like Janet says: CBL!

Linda, I'll post some pics as soon as I get my DD#4 done. I don't have many quilts to take pics of, I usually give mine away. IMO, quilts are a living thing (cotton) and need to be used and loved. I know sounds rather strange. But even the amish quilt I bought years ago, for the price of a small car, I use constantly. check out the links I have in my next post. I originally offered to make you one, but after doing a search online, I found that you can buy one MUCH cheaper and faster.

Well, didn't get my 2nd walk in last night. Went over to a friends, she is 71, and moved some furniture around for her after dinner. Didn't get home until close to 10 pm and made the girls smores, yep I had one. I haven't had a treat in a long time. So 168 extra calories, actually I didn't eat much for dinner, 1/2 a piece of chicken and about 1/4 c of veggies, so calorie wise it was alright. I have been battling the hungries since I have been walking. Been walking so much that the puppies have some sores on their armpits from their harnesses. but they sure whined last night when we didn't go for the 2nd walk.

It sounds like ex-hubby #1 has found DD#4 a car. Ex hubby #1 is not DD#4 dad, DD#4 & DD#5 are from my 2nd marriage (now you know the ugly truth), but he and his wife have always loved the girls and welcomed them into their home. It will either be an Impala with 60,000 mi or a Malibu with about the same. Both running about $5500. Now as long as her dad comes up with the $$$ we should have her a new car by next weekend. So I can make you all a heck of a deal, a 1999 Saturn without tires or battery for free, just pick up. The rear bumper is REALLY nice.

Well, I suppose I should get some BF and head on my walk before it gets to hot.

Linda, let me know about the quilt, I can go online and find some pics and give you a link.

TTFN

Edited by cramerk

Linda, I found some websites that you can purchase a Hawaiian quilt cheaper than it could be homemade.

Hawaiian Quilt Bedspreads

| Hilo Bay Fashions LLC

Hawaiian Bedspreads

or just go online and do a search for Hawaiian quilt or Hawaiian bedspread. You can find many that are reasonably priced. Much cheaper than having it made.

Good Morning, Linda, Karla and all!

Very busy day yesterday! Started at 9 a.m. with mini-reunion at Starbucks with folks we went to church with about 25 years ago... hadn't seen 3 of them since then! Had a great visit.. photo on FB.

Then... another "mini-reunion" with some other Sky Valley snowbirds who live in this area. A couple who live down there full time are in the area visiting after a 2 wk Alaska cruise. So we had a get together at a cabin near where we live. Didn't know so many were going to be there... about 20. It was quite an enjoyable afternoon. And, as per the pre-arranged plan, Max & Joy came home with us and will be here until we deliver them to another couple this afternoon. They would've stayed longer if I was not having surgery in a couple of days. They stayed with us a week when we lived in OK and we spent a few of those days at Branson MO. So we'll be doing a little sightseeing later this morning. So... I guess I better go get in the shower!

Chill and enjoy the weeknd ladies! Stress returns on Monday... for you! Sorry!

Another boring Saturday. Just spent the last hour in front of the boob tube watching infomercials. Does that tell you how bored I am? But, one of those infomercials was for the Lifestyle Lift. I mentioned it back when you were all talking facelifts. They show it a lot here so I bet they show it all over all the time. Anyway, to get a free information, call 1-800-753-1586. Also the consultation is free. It says it only takes about an hour and done with local anesthesia (like the dentist). They showed a lady who had bypass surgery and had lost about 130 lbs. She had all the same issues we have with the saggy neck, jowls and lines. She looked great. I thought I would share this with you since they say it is cheaper and easier than a regular facelift and Let's face it, money is an issue.

Thanks for the info on PS in Sarnia. Gonna check it out as soon as I'm done here. Have fun camping in your RV. Take some pics and post them. I want to see just what the inside of it looks like. Doesn't look big enough to me, but then again, I gotta see it.

Gosh, school's starting up again. Where has the summer gone? Of course, since I don't have kids in school anymore it doesn't really affect me. Michigan passed a law a year or so again where school cannot start before Labor Day. The travel industry here in Mi. doesn't want to lose that week and a half of the tourist business. Of course, they will lose same time in June when the kids have to go to school longer but they don't think of things like that. Then again, with the shape our economy is in, the whole travel industry is a little redundant.

Phyl - Prayers for your knee surgery. Hope all goes well. Will be thinking of you.