Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

They warned us at the hospital that we could temporarily gain 6 lbs from the IVs.

Comet I am glad you shared that. I have gained since surgery and have been freaking out what I am doing wrong.

I have barely had anything to drink. Trying to force myself to drink about 3 oz of Water every half hour.

Also really sucks I have my period right now and the cramps from that with the stomach pains and gas are killing me.

Hubby keeps telling me that I gained because of my period. Just glad to know that it is something that does happen post op.

:thumbup:

Hey Cortney and Tic!

Do the two of you feel like you got hit by the same train as I did? My recovery has been harder than I anticipated...the gas, uhhhgg and inscional pain have really made this not fun.

Luckily, I have not been hungry and if I am a popsicle cures me.

How are you guys?

Kim

Hi Kim -

I am a bit more tired today than the previous days. The gas is not killing me so much as cramps from my period and the bloated feeling.

Every time I feel like I need to burb I am scared that I am going to throw up.

I have not had much to drink. Today I have forced as much liquid as I can down my throat. But I am not hungry at all either.

I just want the bloated feeling to go away and then I think I will feel a lot better. My incisions really are not bothering me.

Getting up and down has been much easier today.

The only other thing I am worried about is wanting to force the gas out so bad that I am going to rip open a incision.

Hoping another night of sleeping with the heating pad on my tummy will help solve all the gas bubbles I feel rolling around right now.

Also hoping I can stomach some liquid. I really don't want to get dehydrated.

How are you doing?

I had my last doctor's appt Monday, got approved Tuesday, and on Wednesday they schedued my surgery for September 21st. It is all happening so fast that I have not had a chance to wrap my head around it. Excited, but nervous. I am not worried about the surgery, just the after part. Hope I can be okay with liquid for 3 weeks and then soft foods for 3 after that. (I know I don't have a choice, but worried none the less.) I am just stressed about slippage and erosion. I guess there is such a thing as too much research! :blush: I just keep trying to focus on all that I will be able to do after I lose the weight. I decided today that I am going to train for a sprint triathalon as soon as I am able to start excercising again. Good luck to all of you September bandsters!

Hope everyone has a nice Labor day tomorrow! Colorado- I know you'll be fine at the dinner tonight.:blush:

Cortney, I think you started the group on Yahoo, right? I've read some posts about listing our names and band dates, and if I was'nt computer illiterate, I would explain that we already have that in place on the Bandsters Unite site. Would you post the info again for the new September bandsters? I like having our own group and I'm sure it is helping everyone with all the info being shared!! :blush:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm getting banded on 9/16, so excited. It's nice to read your stories of being banded in the last few days, and those of you looking forward like me. Take care and congratulations.

Hey all... I am brand new here. My surgery is on Sept 10th. I am so excited... but I must admit, my doc had me on a pre op 10 day diet of just lean meats and veggies, but I didnt follow it so well.... ok.. not at all.. I just deserve a kick in the rear, but I am going to do all liquids until my surgery... 4 days away.. just hoping t work ok.. It all has to do with the liver being large and in the way..... wish me luck all!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm getting banded on 9/16, so excited. It's nice to read your stories of being banded in the last few days, and those of you looking forward like me. Take care and congratulations.

OMG Jes, You've done so well on your pre-op diet. I'm very impressed... Good Luck!

Hey all... I am brand new here. My surgery is on Sept 10th. I am so excited... but I must admit, my doc had me on a pre op 10 day diet of just lean meats and veggies, but I didnt follow it so well.... ok.. not at all.. I just deserve a kick in the rear, but I am going to do all liquids until my surgery... 4 days away.. just hoping t work ok.. It all has to do with the liver being large and in the way..... wish me luck all!

Schase: I'm sure you'll be fine if you stick to Clear Liquids for four days... Good Luck!

Ladies, remember to take some mouth lubricant spray, chapstick and mouth wash. When you wake up from the surgery and the rest of that day your mouth is extremely dry.. I tried dissolving some ice chips and swallowing too soon and it made me nauseous.. Remember everyone is different but, it's better to be prepared. When you do start swallowing several hours after surgery it won't be much... so the chapstick will help. Also, the anesthesia leaves a most undesirable taste in your mouth and that's were the mouth wash comes in handy.. Post-op Gals if there's anything else you can add please do so, As this info would have helped me tremendously.. I only had chapstick.. :blush:

Edited by Soco

Hope everyone has a nice Labor day tomorrow! Colorado- I know you'll be fine at the dinner tonight.:blush:

Thanks,

I opted out. My 8 yr old was sick and I did not feel ready to face the temptations! It was a good move, judging from the looks of my DH after 6 hours of cocktails at the party....:blush:

Thanks,

I opted out. My 8 yr old was sick and I did not feel ready to face the temptations! It was a good move, judging from the looks of my DH after 6 hours of cocktails at the party....:blush:

Good Move Colorado..:blush:

Cortney, I think you started the group on Yahoo, right? I've read some posts about listing our names and band dates, and if I was'nt computer illiterate, I would explain that we already have that in place on the Bandsters Unite site. Would you post the info again for the new September bandsters? I like having our own group and I'm sure it is helping everyone with all the info being shared!! :blush:

I started off in the august group and we made a little list of surgery dates so we could encourage those going into surgery and those recovering. It so would help me, I'm Ms.Forgetful! I don't think I have time to post to more than one group. I like this one:tongue2:

Hi Everyone,

We are band-mates, my surgery is scheduled day before:)

:blush:

Edited by nawlinzlady

Thanks,

I think that was a good decision. You will have plenty opportunities for parties to show off the new you very soon!:blush:

Good morning all.. well tomorrow is the big day for me. I am not as nervous as I was before but the whole not being banded due to a thick liver has me worried. I didn't follow the preop to a T. But I did drink alot of slimfast and Water.

Question.. lubricant spray for the mouth? That is a new one to me...and special brands, locations where it can be purchased?

I still have no idea what my current weight is :blush:

Hope everyone has a successful day today!!

Comet321, We have a lot in common. I was banded 9-2, older than most on site. My weight goal is the same. I wish you good luck. Sounds like you are on the right path. Would like to keep in touch with you. Maybe you could e-mail me. We can support each other.