Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8.2 fill no restriction

I am just wondering how much anyone that has a 14 lapband is filled with. I have a 14 and 8.2 fill with no restriction. I just came back from a cruise and gained 5 lbs. I m scheduled for a fill tomorrow and my Dr lets me determine how much of a fill I would like. This will be my third fill so I don t know how high fill is to high. I m thinking maybe 11 but I have no idea. Do men need more amounts in their bands for some reason? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because any info will help. thank you again Al

Everyone is different. I can only speak for myself and now at 10cc in a 14cc band I finally have restriction !! and am re-engergized !!

It probably wouldn't hurt to ask for 1cc...and stick around and drink a full cup of Water before you leave the doctor's office to make sure it isn't too much.

I have 6cc in a 10cc band and I had been thinking I'm at my sweet spot but I might actually need just a little bit, like .2 or .3 at my next visit. Truth is, it's an inexact science for all of us. You aren't there and then suddenly, you're past your sweet spot; or you creep up on it in tiny fills. Don't put too much energy into worrying about it quite yet. Just work with your doc to get it right.

I hope I get to restriction before you did, sheez. Am I going to have to wait for 6 or 7 months of fills while my friendly little skinny female PA pussyfoots around with .5 to 1cc fills?

I suspect the published fills protocols are overly conservative, anyway, because they have to be the least common denominator for everyone.

I live 2 hours away from my doctor and I have as much a problem with delayed gratification as I had with Portion Control. We want our fills now! LOL.

The one thing that is good about it, though, in comparison to 2 siblings that had RnY is that it gives me a chance to gradually adjust my chewing and eating habits rather than the abrupt cutoff. I just don't want it to be unnecessarily slow for no good reason.

Edited by Albacheeser

I have 7 cc in my 14 cc band and feel marvy.

Well I went yesterday for a fill from actually 8.4 to 9.4 and I now get full up to my throat with liquids. I m sticking it out for a week to see if this feeling subsides, I already have an appointment for next thursday or Tuesday if it is unbearable,untill then I ll sip my Protein throughout the days. At least I know what it is like for restriction, I was getting concerned maybe there was something wrong with my band and now I can see success in the future.

I'm at 6.5cc in a 14cc band with zero restriction. My doc has been putting 1.5 cc in every fill. Go back friday and hope I get at least a little restriction.

hey all,i have 10 cc in my 14cc and man do i have restriction.ive thought about going and having some taken out,but im not gonna .its hard enough for me to pay for the fills,and then to take some out forget it.ill just let it slowly loosen up,i know i wont need a fill for quite some time i actually made my nxt appt for 2 months from now.maybe 3,i know im alittle to tight.but with the charge of fills ill have to wait it out

I actually have 8.7cc in my 9cc realize band and have kept the restriciton for 8 months and just now beginning to lose the restriction or just fell off the wagon ugh! SO I might go get it tweeked!

I have the APL 14cc band. I had surgery 5/6/09...had my first fill of 6.6 cc's on 6/16/09 with no noticable restriction. Had my second fill on 7/20/09 up to 8.4..had a bit of restriction for a week or two...Then I had my 3rd fill 8/10/09 with a total of 10cc's and I think now I will have some results. I was on liquids yesterday and feeling full ...started mushies today and definately have to chew and eat alot slower..got full on 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and even got a bit stuck on the first bite. I'm very glad my Dr is so agressive with fills...getting to proper restriction quicker makes more sense then getting frustrated and losing motivation.

well since my last post things have gotten much better at 9.4 I eat about a cup of food for lunch and dinner to go along with my EAS choc shake in the A.M. I don t get stuck in my throat in the morning anymore. In the 6 days since my fill I lost 7 lbs but I know that was alot of Water weight from the 3 days before my last fill I had alot of chinese food. I m happy things are moving along it takes patience to get to where you want to be.:(

i think the Drs who use Fluro are a little bit more aggressive with fills. I got my first fill with 5 ccs. I think it was only because he was using fluro. we could actually see if I was getting restriction or not. I still wasnt but he was afraid to go any futher so I am ready for Sept to get here for the next FILLER UP!!

Hello,

I have 7cc's in a 11 cc band and don't feel any restriction at all except in the mornings. I go for my third fill on aug 20th. I've been feeling very unmotivated due to the lack of restriction.... Anyone have any wise words? I just want help with portion control! Even if I eat very healthy or not so healthy foods I am hungry again in a couple of hours. I just don't want to fall back into bad habits.

Hello,

I have 7cc's in a 11 cc band and don't feel any restriction at all except in the mornings. I go for my third fill on aug 20th. I've been feeling very unmotivated due to the lack of restriction.... Anyone have any wise words? I just want help with portion control! Even if I eat very healthy or not so healthy foods I am hungry again in a couple of hours. I just don't want to fall back into bad habits.

Just keep the faith. You can go from wide open (or seeming to be) to tight tight TIGHT in just a few 10ths of a cc. Really. So don't despair!