Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

OK - so I've been away on business for a week, and aparently I have let my duties as the 'Membership Chairman' lapse.

So the 'official' rules of the turtle tribe require that you have averaged less than a pound a week loss since being banded ( I looked it up in our bylaws)

With that as our guideline, Lovecats (Laura), can't officially join us for another few weeks. However, I submit to the committee (Vines, Best Me and Candy) that we approve her membership on a temporary basis, with the understanding that with our love and support, she may graduate to rabbit status.

Carrie has as exceeded our membership requirements as well. She has however been very active on our little section of the board. We can submit to the committee for 'auxillary, little sister' status. Her membership to our sorority (and while I'm on the subject - why is it that all the turtles are woman??) can be given a favorable review at a future date should her weight loss slow precipitously.

The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken!!! (pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain!)

Ok, little sister, auxillary sounds great. Thanks for the support VQ and Marimu (we have the same doc). I don't want to stop losing weight, but at the same time I feel far from a rabbit. 1 - 2 pounds a week doesn't feel very fast to me...but who am I to complain? As long as it keeps coming off, I will be ok. Just to let you know, it's frustrating on this side of things too, because I just want it to go faster!!! I love all my big sister turtles and I will be checking in on you as usual!

Carrie, don't forget that 1 to 2 lbs per week is supposed to be our goal weight loss rate. You are doing fantabulous!! I understand how you feel frustrated tho. I felt like that when I lost my first 25 lbs right away.

:)

With that as our guideline, Lovecats (Laura), can't officially join us for another few weeks. However, I submit to the committee (Vines, Best Me and Candy) that we approve her membership on a temporary basis, with the understanding that with our love and support, she may graduate to rabbit status.

Carrie has as exceeded our membership requirements as well. She has however been very active on our little section of the board. We can submit to the committee for 'auxillary, little sister' status. Her membership to our sorority (and while I'm on the subject - why is it that all the turtles are woman??) can be given a favorable review at a future date should her weight loss slow precipitously.

Thank you for clearing this up - bye bye rabbit Carrie - thanks for being a part of us, please stick around for the support!

Lovecats - sorry to be the stickler but we look forward to you joining us very soon if you need to. Your application is being kept on file - please ask for review in a few short weeks when you are eligible :)

I want to join the " Slow Losers Club" also. I can't seem to break the 220 mark at all. I was banded in April,and I am down appox. 50 pounds, I get so discourgaged......Just like I did when I wasn't banded....So please count me in....

Dear Jorjet,

At this time you do not meet our high standards of dropping less than 1lb per week. By my calculations you were banded on April 21, 2005 and to current date that is 34 and 1/2 weeks meaning you have to have a loss of 34 1/2 lbs or less. You are far above that at your current 50lb loss. Way to go! This is excellent - if you are at a plataue then please feel free to hang out and read up on our different techniques we are continually trying to jump start our weight loss. Please join us in the future if your weight loss continues to plateua and we will be here waiting patiently for you. Of course you will have to wait for the official word from our Chairman - Live2Canoe.

Hey guys - Vines, Live2Canoe, the best me, - I need a position as much of a dictator that I am - LOL - should I be the Membership Approval Officer? :)

I think we all know - or find out very soon - that the hardest part of all this is overcoming the emotional eating, sugar cravings, bad eating habits, and making all the lifestlye changes that are essential to do well. the band does not help with these parts at all.

I found some great Guided Imsgery CD's that address just these issues and helped me make the changes needed. I'm doing a lot better than I was. The person who recommended them to me was one of the people who tested them before they were released - and the group all thought they were a huge help. Nothing else like them that i know of.

These might help you too - and, at the very least, are deductible :-) as a medical expense for our band needs.

www.BandsterME.com There are also a lot of links on the website to bandster studies, articles, nutrition info and more. Funny diet cartoons too!

Hey guys - Vines, Live2Canoe, the best me, - I need a position as much of a dictator that I am - LOL - should I be the Membership Approval Officer? :)

If I have any voting priveleges attached to my membership, I'd say Yay!! You are a good candidate since you are so hard core on rule following. I'm a softie and would let anyone in who identified with turtleness...:)

That said, Smooch, look at my numbers. I haven't seen 187 in about a week, but you could put my average weight at about 189, safely. I have been banded for 36 weeks and 2 days...that makes a 34.4 pound loss...still a turtle. Okay. Never mind for now. I have a feeling if I can manage to be remotely successful getting down below 185, I would be at risk of graduating. I hit plateaus so frequently, I don't think I'll be graduating anytime soon though. That's okay. I love you guys and I'm fine with staying here for now.

Jorget...your loss is wonderful, please don't be discouraged! Hang in there. I swear, I think our bodies just need a minute to grab onto and maintain our current weight before it wants to let go of more. Keep at it. I'd love to talk about what you think is keeping you from losing more, wanna fess up? I could use the brain work...go ahead, just because you can't be a turtle doesn't mean you can't join us.

Bandster Hopeful...I like that link. I am considering some of the CD's but, honestly, I want to research this hypnosis thingy and make sure I'm comfy with it before plugging in and zoning out on God only knows what. Know what I mean? I doubt the CDs will have me dancing like a chicken or stripping in public, but, ya know. Anyhow, thanks for the link. Maybe I'll start a link about hypnosis and see what folks have to say about it?

Hmmmmm interesting - I just received a rather rude and derogatory PM from Jorjet since my last post here about her membership.

Apparently she states that I butted in while I'm not a good supporter of this board and I need to find something else to do with my time this along with other things she said.

Yes Jorjet I'm outing you because I really really did not appreciate that when I was trying to support you as you see above I congratulated you on your weightloss and being a good thing. By the way I didn't go doing any "research" on your banding date - its right on your signature. I will be turning that PM into a moderater.

If anyone else feels that I am an unproductive member and am wasting everyone's time here then please feel free to let me know and I will go WILLINGLY. I am pretty upset about this as this is the first friction I've experienced since being here. Thanks Jorjet

Jorjet - I have to agree with Smooch that your weight loss has been too rapid to consider you a true slow loser. I'm sorry if you felt that Smooch was butting in. That was not her intent - I assure you. In fact, we applaud the success of rabbits like you all the time - it's just that we who have been averaging less than a pound a week weight loss have a very specific and different set of issues than people like you do.

In the meantime - I think you should Celebrate your awesome success!! 50 pounds is wonderful, and something I have yet to acheive in my 15 MONTHS of being banded. You might want to think about starting your own NSV list (non-sale victory). Vines is the queen of the NSV list and it is always quite motivational to read hers. We're talking about things that have changed for you that have nothing to do with the scale. Things like the seatbelt on an airplane fitting better, being able to cross your legs, being able to walk up two flights of stairs without feeling like your going to pass out. You get the idea!!

Good Luck and keep posting!

Hmmmmm interesting - I just received a rather rude and derogatory PM from Jorjet since my last post here about her membership.

Okay everyone, no hard feelings on the Slow Losers thread. Life is hard enough. Group hug...come on now, let go of hurt feelings and lets get back on track.

Jorjet, you and I were both banded in April, and I went through my diffucult period gettng beyond 208...a number I hated and one my body loved. I know how you feel. Just because you have lost more than 1 pound per week since banding doesn't make your journey any more difficult for you. I KNOW how frustrating it can be. PM me if you'd like. You really do have support here, even if you can't put Slow Loser on your sig...I know it's a silly little thing but it's important. Please be okay and don't regret reaching out.

Sorry everyone, if I took it the wrong way, for the most part, I am very easy to get along with......

I am sorry to you as well Candy.....

My understanding is we were to drop it here....as per Alex's request.

I love this site, and altho I am not here often, I do come here for advice and support when I am having an issue,and have ALWAYS .........ALWAYS had positive results.

Again, I am sorry to all of you.....

God Bless and Happy Holidays to All.

We are kind of silly about the "Slow Losers" thing - I hope you understand why it's so important for those of us who are losing less than a pound a week to have a place just for us.

You speedier losers have the whole rest of the board!!! I encourage you to spend some time and read Vines eloquent posts on this thread about how hard it is for us to really get all worked up and feel bad for someone who has lost twice the weight we have in half the amount of time.

We don't mean to act like some dreaded high school clique -

(((((((hugs)))))))) all around.