Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Marchies

I debated if I should start the new months thread as I am not truly "active" right now. I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing and let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking cancers ass. I started a stronger chemo and it isn’t that bad. It is only once every three weeks, but it does take 5 hours. I will get new scans to make sure the cancer is gone late September or early October.

I can’t wait until I am done so I can get refilled and jump back on the band wagon.

Mrs Huskey,

I'm not a March 07 member, but just wanted to say hello! Nice to hear you are kicking cancers ass. My mother had Stage III breast cancer and went through a pretty heaving regime of chemo and radiation. Good luck to you with the chemo, get yourself better, and get right back in it! Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind!

Good luck

Mrs. H,

Thanks for starting a new thread!!! You are still a marchie so in my opinion you are more than welcome to start posts if you would like...I am so glad to hear that the your kickin cancers ass... keep up the good job.... Im glad to hear its not too bad.. My moms friend went through chemo and radiation for breast cancer and it knocked her down bad.. but good news is she is now in remission!! so i wish you all the best and keep reaching for that light at the end of the tunnel you will make it there!!:smile2:

As for my fellow marchies where the heck are you all?!?!?!? its been dead in here!!!

I am absolutely devastated right now because i have gained like 6lbs!!!!! :) grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: Im am completely and utterly convinced its my thyroid but my doctor says that the levels are on the low end of normal so he wont treat it.. Im going to go see an endocrinologist in sept. to see what he has to say..

Also my dr. gave me a call today and lectured me my blood work. It wasnt so good... Im low in a lot of important things.. For ex: My Iron is low, my b-12 is low, and my Vitamin d is low as well.. I also found out im Anemic today.. so there is another problem added to my list...

I dont mean to sound like a baby, but i really needed to get it out of my system.

So now im terrified to face my band surgeon on thurs. when he finds out i gained weight.. I havn't changed anything with eating or excercise.. so i shouldn't be going up in weight

So anyways enough of my ranting:tongue_smilie: Thanks for listening:wub:

Way to go Mrs Husker for starting this months thread. Glad your doing ok, its tuff thing to do. Stay strong and you know we marchies are here for you anytime. Its not just about weight loss.

Jen you right this thread has been dead for about a month. Still love to here updates from everyone. Did the doctor start you on Vit D and give you some Iron to take? I hope so.

Take everyone and let us know how your doing?

hi everyone,

glad to see Marchies '07 are still around. i didnt know about the july "marchie" thread until today. so i searched to see if we had an august thread....i miss not being in contact with people from our month.

thank you mrs H for starting this. we will always be the marchies and we are all at different points in our "band-journey" so you are definitely "active" at it. i will keep you in my prayers as you are going through your cancer recovery.

where i'm at...2 years 4 mos down the road. the good news....i'm near goal, i'm engaged to a great guy and i just had plastic surgery to take off the belly skin and have my boobs lifted. my fiancee' and i are about to contract to build a new house (i cant believe i have to move again...i just moved to texas less then 3 years ago) we are staying in texas..just moving to a very small town out west. (i'm from nyc moving to a town of 3600 people) god has a good sense of humor...but i've never been happier.

the not so good news....i havent started working out since before my surgery in may-everything is moving south, i am TOTALLY addicted to sugar...especially ice cream and i feel like crap eating this way. i've had trouble eating with the band since day 1. i cant eat sitting down, i cant eat some days, despite having hardly any fill.

i am trying to work my way out of this funk....

i am going to see my doctor next tuesday. i am going to get totally unfilled as an experiment to see if my eating problems are due to the band, my anatomy, etc. i am going to force myself to eat good food like i did when i was first banded.

i am then going to get myself off sugar. i did it when i got banded and felt great when i ate good nutrition.

i also am starting the gym this week. instead of thinking of the whole enchilada...i'm going to just make myself get dressed and walk into the gym. i saw that suggestion on here and it made sense. my problem is i think of having "to do it all" and then i get overwhelmed. once i'm in a routine at the gym...i do much better...

i am totally happy i got the band. i just need to get back on track especially with regards to the sugar.

so glad we are still around....hope more of the group shows up

josie

yes carol my doc. did start me on a rx of vit. D but he wants me to try over the counter Iron pillls..

yes carol my doc. did start me on a rx of vit. D but he wants me to try over the counter Iron pillls..

Just becareful of Constipation, that comes with taking Iron. Thats a whole new problem you probably don't want.

Just becareful of Constipation, that comes with taking Iron. Thats a whole new problem you probably don't want.

Ya you're right:tongue: that is definitely not a problem i want to have..

My doctor warned me about that. He told me to take the Iron twice a day, at first, (with lots of fiber), and if i dont have any problems move up to 3x daily..

Worse comes to worse there is the Miralax that works wonders!!:)

I just want my hair to stop falling out so much...:lol:

Ya you're right:tongue: that is definitely not a problem i want to have..

My doctor warned me about that. He told me to take the Iron twice a day, at first, (with lots of fiber), and if i dont have any problems move up to 3x daily..

Worse comes to worse there is the Miralax that works wonders!!:)

I just want my hair to stop falling out so much...:lol:

Jen,

Once you get your Iron back up you feel so much better, with a lot more energy. Good luck.

Carol

thanks carol... so where do you suppose all the rest of the marchies are????

Jen,

I don't know I wonder often about serveral of the regulars. If the have reach their goals or if maybe they haven't and are embrassed. I mean its very hard for me to admit that I have not reach my goal or lost has much as I would have liked to. But that being said I have lost some and I know I would have been much heavier if I hadn't got the band.

I sure hope that some are still reading the thread and will respond and lets us know how they are doing.

Carol

I just want my hair to stop falling out so much...:cool:

Just had to give you a hard time on this one. I remember how upset I was about my hair falling out because of the band. Well, this past Thursday, I was at work and I ran my hand through my hair and it came out covered in hair. By 1:00 I had a bald spot the size of an plum. That night I had my husband shave it to the nub. I can't say I am bald, but there is less than 500 1/4inch hairs left on my head. To tell the truth, I think it is kind of liberating, not having to worry about my hair anymore. When it is all gone, I will just go around with my bald beautiful head showing, until then I have some pretty funky scarves and hats that I am going to wear. I should be all gone by Tuesday this week. I really am looking forward to it.

Other then being bald, I am doing great. My new chemo is stronger then the last round but it is a walk in the park now that I don't have to do radiation with it. I only have three more chemos left, Aug 13, Sep 3 and 24, then I will get new scans to see how everything is going.

Take care my fellow Marchies. I hope to hear about all of your progress soon. Just remember, when all is said and done, I am going to get a fill then I will play catch up. Can't wait.

Just had to give you a hard time on this one. I remember how upset I was about my hair falling out because of the band. Well, this past Thursday, I was at work and I ran my hand through my hair and it came out covered in hair. By 1:00 I had a bald spot the size of an plum. That night I had my husband shave it to the nub. I can't say I am bald, but there is less than 500 1/4inch hairs left on my head. To tell the truth, I think it is kind of liberating, not having to worry about my hair anymore. When it is all gone, I will just go around with my bald beautiful head showing, until then I have some pretty funky scarves and hats that I am going to wear. I should be all gone by Tuesday this week. I really am looking forward to it.

Other then being bald, I am doing great. My new chemo is stronger then the last round but it is a walk in the park now that I don't have to do radiation with it. I only have three more chemos left, Aug 13, Sep 3 and 24, then I will get new scans to see how everything is going.

Take care my fellow Marchies. I hope to hear about all of your progress soon. Just remember, when all is said and done, I am going to get a fill then I will play catch up. Can't wait.

you are right i shouldnt complain:blush: im sorry ypou lost your hair

Hi All, just checking in. I've been reading up on everyone but had no desire to join in replying. I'm so depressed and haven't been like this is years. I've lost and gain the same 10 - 12 lbs since January this year.

My daughter teenage has been stressing me out and since I'm an emotional eater this does not help me much. Just when I get it under control I lose it. Right Now, I'm trying to get control of it again. I seem to be over the junk food cravings, so I'll see how this goes.

I'm still eating my portion size. But there are those times I can over board with the eating. Still making it to the gym. Just the junk food getting in my way.

I'll be seeing my dr. soon. Haven't seen him in over 10 ms. I'm going for another fill. Hoping that's what I need to meet my goal weight.

Wishing and praying for everyone in ill health and on their way to recovery. With prayer and due diligence we will meet our goal for whatever we are in need of at this time.

Edited by Whitepants