Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I also had surgery 7/16 :thumbup:. I feel great, just started at the gym this past Monday. Doing 1/2 hr on the treadmill 10-15 min on the recline bike and some light [5pd] weights for arms. Am dying to get back in my kayak! But Dr told me a month til I can paddle again :wub:. Have my first post-surgical appt. with Dr on 8/3.

Haven't been hungry but OMG do I want to CHEW :blink:. Started mushies today :).

No mushies for me yet. Still full liquids, yogurt and cream Soups.< /p>

Hello All,

How are things going for you? How many fill have you received? Are you exercising? What do you eat and how much? And how is the weight loss going?

I have much more restriction after my 2nd fill (1 week ago). I was really tight at first but as the days go by it is getting better. The weight loss was very slow for me but now things have improved. I am so excited....I have meet my 1st goal of 215 as of today 10/4/09!!!! :smile:

Currently, I can only eat about 2 oz. which is equal to about 4 tbsp but I am hoping to reach 4 oz once the swelling goes down in the band. Each day it gets better. Initially, after getting the 2nd fill I could only eat 2-3 bites so I am definitely improving. I was considering a slight unfill but I will give it another week or so to see if things improve. The good news is that I am losing and I have not PB'd. But my stomach gets really tight with a slight burning feeling. It is very uncomfortable.

I have found out that eating slowly and chewing well is the way to go. If I did not do those things it would be very uncomfortable each and every time I ate. OK, so enough about me.....How are things with you all?

WE CAN DO IT!!!!:(

Edited by Teacher2010

Congrats on meeting your first goal. I was banded on the 16th and had my first fill August 28th, 3 cc's. I did not feel any restriction from my first fill and have my next in 9 days and I am hoping to finally get some restriction. Right now I can eat anything I want and it is only will power keeping me from doing that. I'm down 28lbs since the surgery and have been at this weight for about 1.5 months. I think folks here call it bandster hell.

I exercise about 5 days a week. I've got awful knees due to abusing them playing football so i'm restricted to a bike.

Looking forward to that second fill. congrats to you and keep up the good work.

Hi everyone!

I was banded on 7/20, and have been doing pretty well since. 4 weeks post op I had a fill of 4 cc ( I have the 14cc band) and have had 3 more fills since then for a total of 8cc in my band. My Doc is pretty aggressive with the fillls, which I thank him for:) I have lost about 55 pounds. I can eat 3/4 to one cup of food and not get hungry between meals. I am walking about 30 mins a day. Feel great overall. Good to hear how you guys are doing! Keep it up:)

It's nice to hear about everyone's progress.

I was banded on July 22nd and have lost about 30ish pounds. (includig preop diet)

I was losing well enough until about 2 weeks ago. That was about the time that I began to be able to eat many more foods. Since then, I've all but stopped losing. I lost about 1/2 a pound this week and the last.

I have no fill at all yet! I had such a hard time with this LAP-BAND®, and it is still not easy to take all my pills, get enough Water in and eat regular food.

I just recently got to where I don't feel like I am choking all day long -now it is only after I eat any food of substance (not yogurt, etc...)

So, all in all, I think I should get a fill, but don't want to feel bad all the time.

I eat anywhere from 1/2 a cup to 3/4 a cup of food, and not really enough Protein.

I'm still not exercising, though. I know, I know...

Congrats to you all for losing weight!

I think I need an unfill! Things have not gotten better. I can only eat 3-4 bites of most foods without feeling discomfort. It is so frustrating! I'm happy to see the weight loss but I keep getting stuck. It is so painful!

Tonight I got stuck eating rice. The pain was in my chest and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. All I could do was pace back and forth. Finally my mouth became watery and a bunch of slim came up (sorry for the description).

So after tonight I have made the decision to get .25-.50 removed from my band. Until then eating will not be enjoyable for me.:)

I was banded on 7/16 and have lost a total of 41 lbs including the pre-op diet. I have had 3 fills for a total of 7 cc's and I still do not feel that i have hit my sweet spot. I can still consume about 2 cups of food during meals and even thought that is a lot less than what i used to eat; I was really looking forward to losing weight a little more rapidly. My surgeon thinks that I am progressing well...I suppose that I have set a different standard for myself.

Going for another fill in a few weeks. Hopefully a .5 cc will make a big difference. I do find that I don't tolerate a lot of starchy foods well without getting stuck. I try to stick to Protein as much as possible with carbs under 60 grams per day.

I love hearing about all of the successes out there. Let's keep moving...!!!

So how are you all doing??????

For me, I am 1 lb away from being out of the 200's. I haven't been this size since 2000 (before the birth of my son). I recently had my 3rd fill and I am really tight right now. Trying to decide if an unfill is needed. My exercise has increased and I do at least 5 days a week for 30-40 minutes.

I have finally realized with or without the band...the only way to be healthy with weight loss is to exercise and eat a proper nutritious diet. I took awhile for that fact to set in but I think I have it now.

Please let me know how things are going for you!:Yawn:

Good morning. I had my 3rd fill two weeks ago (I have a total of 9 ccs) and now feel like I have some good restriction. Lost 6 lbs in two weeks which I think is a good pace. 4 lbs away from my first goal which is to get under 300 for the first time in 4 years. Clothes are starting to fit much better and I was actually able to find something in a non big and tall section to fit so I am excited. Still feel like I need maybe 1 more cc to be at perfect fill spot. Cannot eat bread at all so I think that has been a help. I can eat weight watchers english muffins when toasted and the whole wheat ones are pretty good and filling. The challenge for me is the fullness does not get rid of the cravings so I am really focusing on controlling those because lately, all I crave is ice cream. When I do give in, I make it a weight watchers pop.

Gotta run. Take care all and keep after it.

Yay, good to hear you guys are doing well! Hard to believe its been 4 months since surgery! I am doing well overall, my losses are slowing down a bit, but thats ok:) I have 8ccs in a 14 cc band. Starting to feel like I might need another fill soon. Keep in touch everyone:)

I'm nervous about the holidays, but I think that overall I am doing very well. 51 lbs down, still 16 lbs to go to be under 300. I have family coming for Christmas and I would love to say "I've lost 70 lbs since July!"...but it might only be 60.

Ive had numerous fills and am up to 7.7 cc's in a 10cc band. I won't get another fill until after the first of the year though.

Congrats to all!!!