Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am currently on day 9 of my pre-op diet (Surg date 8/7)2 weeks only liquids using Metagenics bought at the Dr.'s office cost me 202.00 out of pocket 3-4 shakes a day (I can only tolerate 3) and can have crystal light and sf popsicles no broth or sf Jello I can add some fruit.I asked if I could eat the fruit instead of putting it in the shake whats the difference? Dr. said no must be all liquid no solids.I did sorta cheat I was craving salt and chinese food so I has a Tablespoon of light soy sauce how weird is that!Well 5 more days to go I can do this! :)

Patti

Hi everyone! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, one week of liquids. Surgery is on the 10th. I can have Protein Shakes (good friend said her favorite was Jay Robb), I really want to try to the Walmart Body Fortress but I heard they were bad, anyone else like them? I can have sugar free Jello, SF ice pops, low fat cream Soup, farina or cream of wheat...broth...I think this week long diet is stressing me out more than the actual surgery! Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think. Of course tonight I am having a big Pasta dinner as a farewell. Pasta has been my "friend" my whole life, we might have to part ways for the most part....Hope you all are doing well - strong women!

I started my 2 week pre-op diet this saturday. I have to drink 5 HMR shakes a day along with 64 oz Clear Liquids. I feel like i'm drowning drinking so much, I am going to the bathroom every 30 minutes, and I am starving :) Next Friday can't come quick enough!

I just started my pre-op diet this morning. I have to drink two Atkins Advantage shakes a day and eat a small dinner of Protein and veggies. I'm limited to 800 calories a day, so I'm sure I'll be starving by tonight! The good news is, these Atkins shakes are really tasty!

I just started my 7-day pre-op diet today. I have been instructed to have at least 100 grams of Protein and NO MORE than 75 grams of carbs each day.

I'm allowed to have creamy Soups, yogurt, broths... and as many calorie free beverages (water, crystal lite, other sugar free beverages) as I want.

I started my day w/ Isopure (grape frost) 40g Protein no carbs. I have V8 Garden Broccoli Soup planned for lunch.

I have unjury unflavored protein, that I plan to add to smoothies, and my soup at dinner. Then end each day with another 40g protein Isopure.

At least this is the plan, I'm sure I'll grow tired of this. However, I'll try to remember what I tell my kids "nothing worth having is easy":wink:.

pre op diet for 2 weeks prior...3 shakes (he gave me a list to choose from...pretty much low sugar, low carb, high protein) and one meal of about 400-600 calories. Keeping your intake around 1000-1200 calories a day. No specific amt of weight to lose, just shrink the liver. I chose slim fast high Protein it tastes pretty good. Oh, and NO caffeine or carbonated drinks! The no caffeine is hard, I have a headache...and I am starving! Gonna make it through though...Good luck everyone. Surgery is August 14th

Edited by desperateinDE

Hey Cherish...we have the same band date !! Hooray !! :ohmy:

Hi,

I am currently on day 9 of my pre-op diet (Surg date 8/7)2 weeks only liquids using Metagenics bought at the Dr.'s office cost me 202.00 out of pocket 3-4 shakes a day (I can only tolerate 3) and can have crystal light and sf popsicles no broth or sf Jello I can add some fruit.I asked if I could eat the fruit instead of putting it in the shake whats the difference? Dr. said no must be all liquid no solids.I did sorta cheat I was craving salt and chinese food so I has a Tablespoon of light soy sauce how weird is that!Well 5 more days to go I can do this! :)

Patti

Hi Patti,

Did your doctor explain to you why it must be all liquid and no solids? It seems like my diet is the same. I can have up to 3 servings of fruit juice, but fruit itself is not listed. My pre-op diet is Aug. 13th, so I will ask then.. but just wondering! I would definitely not mind putting strawberries/blueberries/banana in my shakes instead of drinking fruit juice. juice is high calorie, and if I can I would rather "eat" my calories! :ohmy:

Thanks,

Katie