Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I have a 4 cc band, is it as good as larger bands?

Hello All,

I got my first fill yesterday in a 4 cc band. The doctor had trouble finding the port(It's apparantly not where he puts them when he does the surgery).

He put in 1 cc, but wasn't confident that it went in the port.

So, 2 questions. Will 1 cc of Water in my body hurt me?

Second, I am not hungry at all. Does that mean that he did hit the port?

Thanks for any info.

Good journey,

Maggie

1cc of Water will not hurt you----dissolves in tissues. But it does sound like it went in the port if you're not hungry. You'll know after only a few days if you stay that way. With a first fill you usually will be able to tell. My friend's port was missed several times at several fills, and she finally went back to the surgeon who got it right. Some people can't get it right as easily. I personally only have my surgeon doing it, but finding the sweet spot took a LONG time.

Congratulations to all on their success.. I had my first fill today 2 cc. The port was right there waiting to be fill me up. I am feeling fine, suppose to be on liquids for about 2 days... I am doing my daily exercise and praying for the best..

Edited by romain123

I have the older generation 10cc Allergen band that holds 4cc saline. At first I was concerned that it may not work as well as the new generation bands but so far so good for me. I am at 2.28cc and have quite a bit of restriction. My last fill was in early July and I am still losing steadily.

My fills are done under fluoroscopy. This means I swallow barium while the doctor views me on xray. During this time the doctor can tell if my band is still placed properly and that my pouch looks okay as well as watch the Fluid pass through the band while I drink. You may want to find a fill doctor who does it this way for your own peace of mind.

I wouldn't feel very confident if my doctor was unsure if the fill hit the port. I would be looking for somebody who had answers.

To answer your question though, no the saline will not hurt you.

Thank you Libby58. I will quit worrying what the 1 cc will do in there.:unsure:

I'm not hungry and don't have any problem being on the post-fill liquid diet. So whether it is in there or not, maybe it will get my weight loss going again. :seeya:

Thank you and Good Journey:cool2:

Maggie

Hello All,

Just an update. Went to the PA for the next fill Nov 3. Quess what? There wasn't any saline in the band. But she found it and put 1 cc in.

On the 17th, got another 1cc.

I know what restriction is now. :) 2 cc in 4 cc band.

It is all worth it:thumbup: I'm losing weight and my friends and family are noticing the body change now :bored:

Life is Good

Good Journey,

MaggieGT

I believe from what I'm told my band hold 5 cc's.

I was banded in TJ Mexico.

My 1st fill was 2.5cc's at my request.

I still feel I need more restriction & hope my next visit will work better than the 1st one where I felt no restriction & was able to eat anything as long I chewed it up.