Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WAY OT: Nail salons

Penni60

Why is it that every nail salon I go to no one seems to understand when I say "I want tips put on." My toesies look FAB! Pink with flowers. TOO CUTE!! I wanted tips put on for a special occasion. What do I get instead. GEL with NO TIPS! I complained they said "but you ask for gel." I said NO TIPS. They said, are you ready for this,... "Right NO TIPS want gel." SIGH!!!

Gotta find another salon pronto. LOL!!!!!

Anyway, my question for you guys that have tips, does your nail have to be a certain length for them to be put on. I have one thumbnail that is broken off and short. Could they put a tip on it and it hold?

I wanna find a place like by Monday. I have one other place I can call. FRUSTRATED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Girlie- No it doesn't have to be long at all. In fact i cut mine all the way off before getting a full set of tips put on. I promise we'll find a better place together when I come out. Because I will definetly need a fill by mid trip;0)

Those "crazy people" lol Next time tell them i want gel & maybe you'll get tips-lol

I just called another salon and guess what they spoke english. WHOO HOO!!!! Well the receptionist did anyway. LOL!! I have an appt on Monday to get tips.

I will check this place out Christina and let you know if it will be good for a fill. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my toes though. Here is a pic!

post-204009-1381313220482_thumb.jpg

Your toes look great! I wanna get a pedicure soon.

As for tips, I used to bite my nails to the quick, and I was able to get tips when I wanted them, so you shouldn't have a problem. :)

Have you ever gotten solar nails? They come out looking like a french manicure. I have never had them, but my Mom gets them all the time & look great! BTW! Love your toes!

Hey Penni...I went to school for my license to do nails, and what I learned was that if a nail is really really short, the tip may not adhear to the nail as well as it would if the nail were longer. The chances of the tip popping off would be greater. Doesn't sound like you have nubbie little nails that are bitten down to nothing so it sounds like you would be okay. The salon that you go to should be able to judge it by looking at it. When I took my state licensing test I found out the day before that I was pregnante. I didn't want to be around all the chemicals soooooooo that license was pretty much pointless. I never renewed it...duh, cause I could be working at a salon now, or openning my own place...but I dont have the patience for it any more. I can do my own nails and thats about it. I NEVER liked doing pedicures, but NANA ~ yeap that helps with rough feet. They take a big file and rub it across the bottem of your feet... Doesn't hurt. Then you soak in a warm foot bath.....sometimes its a spa type of soak. They sometimes add oils or sented bubbles. VERY NICE! Then they apply this stuff to help slough off the dead skin cells, they have to massage it into your feet...FEELS PHENOMINAL. Then after thats done, they do a layer of lotion...and paint your toe nails. I dont like feet...nor do I like people touching my feet...so I usually let them skimp on a few steps, but for the most part it feels really good. I would much rather spend my money on a Deep muscle massage on my back. My husband sent me to a spa last summer, and I got the works....I had my apprehensions on the full body massage...cause it was done while your naked....and just laying under a sheet. Done very professional....but it was a bit uncomfortable for the first few minutes. I was alone in a room with a strange man, with candles lit...and soft music playing....Damn, dont get that with my husband...maybe i should massage more!! eheheh JUST KIDDIN

Nana: The spa pedicure is DEVINE!!!!!!! I almost go to sleep while they play with my feet. You soak for a few sec in the Water that they add bubbly stuff too. If you have been in a hot tub or jacuzzi then imagine that only for your feet. WONDERFUL!! Then they take one foot out at a time and baby it. Manicure, caress, scrub, get rid of the dry cracked skin, sometimes you can get a hot wax (parafin) treatment (ALSO DEVINE), they they massage your lower legs and feet just before they polish your toesies. My heels are so soft right now. Soft as a baby's bottom.