Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Michael Snyder - Great Surgeon!

I highly recommend Dr. Snyder. All things have turned out great for me. Still have no complications, (keep my fingers crossed).

WOW!!! You are doing great! Keep up the great work.

Guest BikiniBeachy

WOW bear, I had surgery 10/10, the next day with Dr Snyder, crazy!

I just had my surgery done with him on 6/11 and I was very satisfied.

I've got my first appointment with Dr. Snyder on 12/8. Glad to hear(or rather, read) these good things about him. Hopefully all goes well for me.

I had surgery with Dr. Snyder on November 11th, 2010. I have nothing but great things to say about him! He has given me back my life. He is so full of knowledge and concern for his patients well being he is a very excellent surgeon. I recommend him and all of his staff! If you have any questions I will answer anything I can. You have definitely picked a gifted and talented surgeon.

So how have things been since your surgery? How hard is it to adjust to the lifestyle changes post op? I am in the process of getting approved and looking at a surgery date early January. I am so back and forth on whether or not I should do it I want to do it and I definitely want the physical changes, but I am so hesitant about what I can and cannot eat, and getting sick. I have heard and read so many different things, I probably should just stop reading! I think I would need to meet with the nutritionist once or twice a month at first to help me with some healthy choices of what to eat and snack on, and for dinner ideas. I am just curious to talk to other patients of Dr.Snyder to see how they are doing and what their experience has been like....and if they had it to do again, would they? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

I had surgery with Dr. Snyder on November 11th, 2010. I have nothing but great things to say about him! He has given me back my life. He is so full of knowledge and concern for his patients well being he is a very excellent surgeon. I recommend him and all of his staff! If you have any questions I will answer anything I can. You have definitely picked a gifted and talented surgeon.

I am seriously considering the band surgery. If all goes well I am looking at a surgery in early January. One minute I am very excited about it and all gung ho....and then the next minute I am thinking, can I really do this? Can I make these huge life adjustments? I want to.....but I don't want to fail either. How realistic is it to eat only 1 cup of food at a time? I hear so many things about what you can and cannot eat, and people getting sick, losing their hair etc. Dr.Snyder is my doctor....and I love hiim! I believe them when they say that they will help me all the way through the entire process....but it is up to me to do it. How long is the recovery period? I go next week for my psych eval and my nutrition class. Very excited for the nutrition class! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well hello everyone. Buttercup, I had alot of questions about the surgery too before hand. Since the surgery (which has been 3 weeks now) Yeah!!! I would be lying if I say the first week was rough for me after surgery. If you look at my posts you will see I ended up with extreme pains due to air left in band after surgery. But honestly, The 5th day when i could not take it anymore, I called the office and they fit me right in.! I just want you to know that when dr. snyder and his staff say they are there for you before and after surgery THEY ARE. I have had to call Dr. snyder on the saturday after surgery and he answered and helped me through the nausea with sending a prescription within 10 minutes. I personally think that means alot for your surgeon to take that much time and care for his patients. That was one of the things that attracted me to dr snyder. I was orginally scheduled to have lapband with another doctor and could never get a call back. So that was it for me. If they couldnt get it together before my case then what would happen if something went wrong. So definitely research your surgeon. I have looked on this site and others and that doctor has a bad followup care. After saying all that Dr. snyder was everything that I was looking for and I never went back to the other office.

I knew 2 people that had surgery with Dr. Snyder one was a bypass and one lapband. It has been a huge difference in my life. The lapband is wonderful! I have only had it 3 weeks but I love it so far. Surgery was good. I was proably in pain for like a complete week. I still have pains in my shoulder but its bearable. I am back to work. Although I am on a weight restriction as far as work. But you ask would I do this again? As of right now DEFINITELY!!!!! I feel my life coming back 100%. I feel better all the way around. Since sugery I have lost 15 pounds. i know its not tons of weight but its 15pounds less than 3 weeks ago.!

If you have any questions or you want to pm me. I'm always here. Good luck to you, you will do great!!!!

Well hello everyone. Buttercup, I had alot of questions about the surgery too before hand. Since the surgery (which has been 3 weeks now) Yeah!!! I would be lying if I say the first week was rough for me after surgery. If you look at my posts you will see I ended up with extreme pains due to air left in band after surgery. But honestly, The 5th day when i could not take it anymore, I called the office and they fit me right in.! I just want you to know that when dr. snyder and his staff say they are there for you before and after surgery THEY ARE. I have had to call Dr. snyder on the saturday after surgery and he answered and helped me through the nausea with sending a prescription within 10 minutes. I personally think that means alot for your surgeon to take that much time and care for his patients. That was one of the things that attracted me to dr snyder. I was orginally scheduled to have lapband with another doctor and could never get a call back. So that was it for me. If they couldnt get it together before my case then what would happen if something went wrong. So definitely research your surgeon. I have looked on this site and others and that doctor has a bad followup care. After saying all that Dr. snyder was everything that I was looking for and I never went back to the other office.

I knew 2 people that had surgery with Dr. Snyder one was a bypass and one lapband. It has been a huge difference in my life. The lapband is wonderful! I have only had it 3 weeks but I love it so far. Surgery was good. I was proably in pain for like a complete week. I still have pains in my shoulder but its bearable. I am back to work. Although I am on a weight restriction as far as work. But you ask would I do this again? As of right now DEFINITELY!!!!! I feel my life coming back 100%. I feel better all the way around. Since sugery I have lost 15 pounds. i know its not tons of weight but its 15pounds less than 3 weeks ago.!

If you have any questions or you want to pm me. I'm always here. Good luck to you, you will do great!!!!

Thank you so much for all of the information! Sounds like you are doing great and 15 pounds is great....ESPECIALLY for 3 wks!!! I would be ecstatic if I lost 15 pounds!! One thing that really put a scare in me is when I was at my last appointment waiting in the waiting room this lady came in who was very angry. She said she had the band and told me not to do it. She said that she was not able to eat any fruits and most vegetables,and then she said "they don't tell you that, there is a lot they don't tell you". I thought gosh, if I can't eat any fruits or most vegetables I am not sure this is for me. I think the part I am most nervous about is one......the pain or nausea.,.....and two....right now I have a hard time not eating junk food....or eating the right foods. Mostly because I just do not know anymore what to eat! I do not want to have this surgery and still eat junk! I asked if I would be able to meet with the nutritionist and the psychologist twice a month for the first few months. I want to do it but I just want so badly to suceed with it as well!

You know to be honest I havent tried a lot of different foods. I have eaten fruit and have not had a problem. I have tried junk food too (not much) but you can tell the difference automatically. I knew I wasnt aupposed to eat that but (me having a hard head) I tried a piece of my sons swiss roll and I was a mess for a couple of hours! You will learn its not worth it! I promise you that. It is a different world "being lapbanded" but you will get used to it. Once the lapband is in you have no choice. It will remind you constantly that I dont either want that in my stomach or that I have overeaten. I go in for my first fill on the 15th, and I am kind of excited. I feel I need more restriction since my swelling is down. I'm proud of my 15th pounds but the scale has not movedin two days (which is frustrating) but I just remember. I didnt get FAT overnight and I wont be skinny overnite either. but I will work towards being healthy!!!! Have you had a chance to read my previous posts I have been trying to document my own struggles. I did have a problem with nausea and pain. But as soon as I changed meds it was much better. look at the posts if you can. Do you know what band you are getting? Any questions you can always ask (I'm here) I'm also sorry you had to see someone that was so upset at the office. I have not encountered that and I can tell you, you proably wont again, but you never know.

Dee

Thank you so much for all of the information! Sounds like you are doing great and 15 pounds is great....ESPECIALLY for 3 wks!!! I would be ecstatic if I lost 15 pounds!! One thing that really put a scare in me is when I was at my last appointment waiting in the waiting room this lady came in who was very angry. She said she had the band and told me not to do it. She said that she was not able to eat any fruits and most vegetables,and then she said "they don't tell you that, there is a lot they don't tell you". I thought gosh, if I can't eat any fruits or most vegetables I am not sure this is for me. I think the part I am most nervous about is one......the pain or nausea.,.....and two....right now I have a hard time not eating junk food....or eating the right foods. Mostly because I just do not know anymore what to eat! I do not want to have this surgery and still eat junk! I asked if I would be able to meet with the nutritionist and the psychologist twice a month for the first few months. I want to do it but I just want so badly to suceed with it as well!

Dr. Snyder was my surgeon for my 10/21/10 lap band surgery. I am so happy I picked him! In addition to him being a wonderful doctor ~ the steps that he & his office have you go through as far as educating you along the way and letting you know what to expect can't be beat. I believe all of his patients go into the surgery with their eyes wide open. I haven't had one complication and everything has gone so smoothly. I had just mentioned to my daughter, as hard as I have to work, I feel like it should be harder. I highly recommend Dr. Snyder to anyone considering bariatric surgery. I don't regret it for one minute. :)

You know to be honest I havent tried a lot of different foods. I have eaten fruit and have not had a problem. I have tried junk food too (not much) but you can tell the difference automatically. I knew I wasnt aupposed to eat that but (me having a hard head) I tried a piece of my sons swiss roll and I was a mess for a couple of hours! You will learn its not worth it! I promise you that. It is a different world "being lapbanded" but you will get used to it. Once the lapband is in you have no choice. It will remind you constantly that I dont either want that in my stomach or that I have overeaten. I go in for my first fill on the 15th, and I am kind of excited. I feel I need more restriction since my swelling is down. I'm proud of my 15th pounds but the scale has not movedin two days (which is frustrating) but I just remember. I didnt get FAT overnight and I wont be skinny overnite either. but I will work towards being healthy!!!! Have you had a chance to read my previous posts I have been trying to document my own struggles. I did have a problem with nausea and pain. But as soon as I changed meds it was much better. look at the posts if you can. Do you know what band you are getting? Any questions you can always ask (I'm here) I'm also sorry you had to see someone that was so upset at the office. I have not encountered that and I can tell you, you proably wont again, but you never know.

Dee

Hey brownsugar ~ I have an appointment on the 15th too :) I had my first fill on 12/01, so this is a follow up appointment. I feel restriction now, but I wish I even felt more, so I may ask them to give me a little more. Good luck with your first fill ~ it was way easier than I thought it would be.

i had my surgery on 3/24 Dr. Snyder and his staff were amazing I'm about a week out. I don't get to meet with him for another week would it be ok to have other liquids that aren't necessarily clear?