Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

WOW! Awesome, everyone!!! :bored:

SpideyMom- I think you made an excellent point early on in this thread--

I haven't told people I had surgery, but people are noticing my weight loss. Also, I think a lot of the compliments I recieve lately are not just because I'm losing weight, but I'm HAPPIER-- and I'm carrying myself differently. I'm more excited, full of life, feel good about myself.

Wow, your loss is great too- 69 lbs! That's super. Are you working out a lot? I do mostly 3 x a week, but I"m looking to increase that ASAP! (the more I lose, the more excited I get about exercise, etc.!)

Lisa

I can cut my toenails without grunting !

My one year bandiversary is tomorrow and I have so many reasons to celebrate!!! :tongue2:

I can now walk into any stall in a public bathroom without having to practically climb up on the seat to close the door, or use the handicapped one. I never realized that bathroom stalls really aren't all that small.

Also, the other day I walked past a mirror and stopped and went back again for a look. All of a sudden I have cheek bones. Haven't seen them in 30 years.

So many other NSV's they are hard to count!!

"LIFE IS GOOD WITH MY BAND!!!"

These NSVs are all so fantastic! :tongue2:

Simone, congratulations on your one-year bandiversary! :)

Lisa, I walk at least a mile a day, but I would like to do more. During the summer, I did Water aerobics when the pool was open, and I loved that! I keep saying I'm going to check out the local rec center pool, but life is so busy! I need to make more time for myself, because I certainly know that I feel better when I get more exercise! :)

Simone - :scared2: 'Happy Bandiversary'!!! And congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I am so looking forward to seeing my progress at 1 year post-op.

Here's my most recent NSV - I'm enjoying shopping clearance sections for my 'in between' sizes. I have found some great seasonal clothes at various stores for under $10 an item (usually around $4 to $7 a piece, including dresses, pants, shorts, skirts, and blouses). This weekend I was at Lane Bryant, and they had a 'gold dot' clearance where all items were $6.99 (orig. prices ranged from $15 to $49+). I bought a great pair of denim capris in a size 16 and they fit great! I was in a 24 bordering on 26 in May, and I haven't been in a size 16 since I was dating my husband over 12 years ago. While I'm not buying a lot of 'in between' size clothes, it is fun to wear something that fits and shows off my progress! I only have one size to drop to be in the smallest size at Lane Bryant (14), and I can actually find clothes at regular-size stores that fit me now. :(

WOW, Mamadot, that is really something -- from a 24/26 to a 16 in just 4 months? Amazing! Way to go!:scared2::thumbup::thumbup:

I've been shopping at a local thrift store for my in-betweens, and just a few days ago was able to get into size 14 jeans! :tongue: I have never been this small since I've known my husband. It has been about 17 years since I was a 14. In May I was a 20/22.

It feels great!!! :(

:scared2: Size 14 is a HUGE NSV!!!! Congratulations Ann!!! I just love your enthusiasm and dedication to this 'tool', process & lifestyle, and our 'Mayo Banditos' forum. You are truly a motivating & inspirational voice here! Continued success to you! :(

Your Fellow Bander, Jennie

Aww, thanks, Jennie! You are so sweet. :thumbup: Congrats and best wishes for continued success to you also! :(:scared2:

Ok, since I'm having a plateau week, I need to remind myself of some NSVs to keep me going! :thumbup: Come join me -- tell me yours! :sneaky:

Here's one of mine -- I can wear heels again!! :mad: And I love it! Now, granted, I'm not wearing 4" spikes like I used to in my early 20s, but I'm no longer living in my Crocs, either. :frown: Never thought I'd ever be able to do that again. Hooray!

I agree, we need motivation, I will likely be at a plateau until the 30th when my port is replaced. I am trying but it is HARD! OK so in my job I often have to crawl under desks, I just did a few of them, and it was much easier to get up and down than it used to be. I also drove my husbands truck today and found it was easier to drive (less belly in the way I guess). I am in size 20 pants for the first time in years, so I have lots to be thankful for and need to be paitient until my port is fixed and I can start going down again.

I am finding more room in front of me when I go out to eat and sit at a booth. Also, I too am wearing heels again.

I just went out and bought new size 14 jeans today. I went to a discount store so I won't feel bad when I am too small for these. All of my old jeans are now baggy. I am going to get my sewing machine out and try to tailor some of my clothes because I don't have enough to wear and I really don't want to spend money yet on new clothes (except jeans). GB

I've had a few great nsv lately.

1 - I went to my daughter's open house and I could sit comfortably in the desk. Previous years this has been a stresser for me because I was just too big to sit at them.

2 - Buying size 18 jeans and loving the way they are making me feel - only bought a few because I don't plan on staying there long. (Started at a size 28).

3 - Being okay with sitting at a booth at a restaurant. Before it was always a table because my tummy would be pressed against the table.

There are so many more but that's a few that help remind me of the life change I've made.

These are all SO awesome!! Congratulations! :scared2:

I've been buying my jeans at a thrift store because I'm going through them too fast to justify the cost. There's a great thrift store near us where a lot of the clothes are new or nearly new, and I've never paid more than $6.99 for a pair of jeans! Definitely helps out with the budget, especially in this economy.

I've had a few over the past month...... 1st and foremost, I can see my feet again, not just the tips of my toes, but my entire foot. I have a shape again, and Don't look like an over-ripe grape when wearing pants.

My winter coat looks good on me, and I can actually tie the belt around my WAIST. I wore a gorgeous velvet suit jacket yesterday that I haven't worn in a good 2-3 years, only sad thing is, last time I wore it, I was able to button it. but just the face I was able to wear it was a Victory for me. and I'm just enjoying my jawbone lol... Congrats everyone!!! lets keep em coming!