Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I just checked the tricare website and my authorization is pending! OMG AHH I hope it gets approved! Im so nervous right now! Things didnt help though b/c today I was talking to my boss and telling her that the surgery center said my surgery would be around June 19th and she said "well I will put it on my calendar but if I were you I wouldnt get my hopes up b/c tricare isnt going to cover that" Like she knows or something...ugh I was so pissed; well thanks for the encouragement... but Im not going to let her get to me b/c she is just a miserable woman anyway. Well anyway I am just asking for everyone to send their positive thoughts my way! Thanks in advance!:redface:

I understand your nervousness. I too am waiting for approval. Hopefully all will go well for us both and we can become healthier & happier in our skin!

Which insurance carrier do you have?

I hope it works out for you both--Tricare approved me within a couple days, hope it goes that way for you. :redface:

my paperwork will likely be submitted by the end of next week to Tricare. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way and would love it if you let us all know when you hear back. :redface:

btw.. whomever your boss is...she should stuff a sock in it! she doesn't know what she is talking about and has ZERO control over Tricare's decisions.

Oooo I hate negative Nancy's that act like that. SHE does not know anything about that and its silly for her to have said anything because WHEN you get approved she will have to eat her words... and I'm sure it will be fattening :redface:

your boss dosent know what she's talking about. ive read plent of forums on here about tricare approving them. congrats on getting this far. my stupid PCM made me see a shrink twice, get a 3 hour psych test, see a nutritionist and now lose ten pounds before he'll put in my referral to the surgeon. and im border line the 100 pounds. but he seems to think ill still get approved. so we'll see.

let us know when you find out!:redface:

AHHHHHH I WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS! OMG THIS IS GREAT! I WILL ALSO SEND BACK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, YALL ARE SUCH GREAT SUPPORT I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS WEBSITE!!!!!! It was a week total I wait to hear back from Tricare (Im in the north region (North Carolina, Camp Lejeune) HealthNet is who I deal with) Anyway I am SO looking forward to going to work today and letting my boss know, haha in her face! Ok now Im getting to cocky, but I am SUPER excited! Have a good day everyone!

CONGRATS!!!!

I hope to be able to say the same thing in 90 days!

Inmlisa,

I am located in Jacksonville, NC, at Camp Lejeune. I am awaiting one more nutritionist appointment before I have cleared the insurance requirements ( I have bothe Aetna and tricare). Who is your surgeon? Good luck with your surgery and maybe I will see less of you around Jacksonville very soon :redface:

Elgrad

Hey y'all, I'm using Tricare for the first time ever, to try to get LB too. This is very encouraging. I'm not sure yet how far I am from getting the paperwork submitted by my Drs. Can you all shed some light on hoops you had to jump through for Tricare and what weight/comorbs etc you had? I know what their policy says, just wanted to hear some personal experiences. Thanks all. (Sorry for hijacking the thread!!)

CONGRATS:thumbup: on the approval...I too am (not so) patiently waiting for approval from my insurance..my papers were submitted on May 14th. i called my insurance co last week & they said it is "being reviewed". I am soooo anxious...I hope to be as excited as you VERY soon.

Keep me posted..

TTYS

Awesome!!

I'm going to be submitting my paperwork sometime this month. I have my consult with the surgeon on the 15th. I'm in the process of getting my weight history from my endocrinologist (been seeing him 5 years) and previous primary (currently don't have one).

Then I need to figure out how to determine my diet history, lol. I don't know how the hell I'm going to manage that. I've dieted so many times and have no idea how much weight I lost each time.

But I'm hoping I get approved soon after that. I'm so excited about having the surgery!

Well all has gone well; tricare faxed my approval to the surgery center and they called me today to schedule the surgery. I have to do a 2 week pre-op diet, no carbs to shrink my liver. So surgery is scheduled for June 19th! I am so excited! I cannot believe it is finally happening!