Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United health care 5 year weight history.

Do you have UHC choice plus? Did you have all five years weights or was that even required for you?

Yes I have choice plus and had a five year weight history 2 with doctor visits and the other 3 with a church weight loss program and thank you for helping me stay positive.

MandyClem...

Are they all over 40 BMI? The reason I ask is that one of mine isn't... ? I do have high blood pressure that even with meds is still running 180/90, really bad asthma and acid reflux which I might make a difference. I'm hoping that helps me..

If they turn me down.. I'm gong to appeal. Im not giving up because I think this is my last hope of feeling better. We'll see.. :smile2:

I'm from B'ham (your neighbor!!)

Jem8384,

After your GREAT news.. I called UHC to check on the status of my approval.. They told me the doctor had only sent it in yesterday but that I would hear something from three to five days!! I am so glad it won't be 30 days!! Maybe I'll know something by the middle of next week!! Another small step...

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!! im sure things will work. Dealing with United health are has been a breeze. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.. YOU know what's it's like.. It's nice to have someone that understands how important this is to me...

I have UHC as well and the approval was wayyy faster than I had expected! They are amazing to work with! The approved 100% of mine within 5 days. They also assigned a case worked to my account who is an RN and she calls just to check up on me. Just an FYI that I was not aware of untill a week prior to surgery is that UHC requires you to stay overnight at the hospital, no matter what. My surgeon has patients who were not aware of that and were sent home hours after surgery, and now UHC is refusing to pay for the surgery as they were not held overnight. Just a little something you may want to make sure to check on, You'd hate to be thrown a massive bill after all of that. My surgery was July 20th and I love my band! Good luck to you and pack your jammie pants :juggle:

Oh yes.. thanks so much for the info.. It would be so bad to have trouble with the ins. paying especially just because you didn't stay over night. When I have anything outpatient and they wake me up.. I'm so sleepy.. and they say... Honey wake up you need to go home..

I'd rather just stay and get the rest anyway. I think thats a good idea in case anything goes wrong.. you dont have to wonder.. should I call. I'm the type of person that hates to bother anyone. Thanks for sharing.

Oh and I was at Pennys last night and I looked through the PJ's. I'm going to get me some new jammies as soon as I hear something... Hope to be shopping soon. Maybe Purple PJs.. That color so out of character for me... which is very fitting.

I hope we'll be in the same boat by next week!! Wouldn't that be so GREAT!!

On another note, I have had company for the past coulple of weeks. Both my daughters have come (at different times) with my four Grand daughters which I love dearly.. Then my almost (thirteen year old) son's cousin came for a week and I have had neighborhood children (boys) over every night playing guitars and spending the night.. Not all these people have been here at the same time but they have all been spending the night.. My daughters live about 100 miles away. I love for them to be here and I know all this company is all because school is starting next week.. and everyone is wanting the last hooray... but I am so exhausted. And the Snacks and groceries I have bought.. Anyway I LOVE company and love being around my family but .. I"m so exhausted. I'm taking off on vacation after 2pm tomorrow for 10 days. My husband, son and I are going to florida for a week. I'm sleeping.. and waiting to hear from UHC..

I know everything is going better for you now that you KNOW you are having surgery. The world has to look rosier!!

You will feel better so soon (after surgery) and you need to take all the time they allow. I know from experience no matter how good the company is.. they know how long you should be off with a surgery and won't let you take one more day than you need. In other words, take all the time off you can because any business will expect when you come back.. you will be well and ready to work. At least that is my experience. Take all the time off.

This surgery is not like most. The work begins when the surgery ends.. we have to make sure we adjust well to the rules or this won't work. Any extra time will help there as well, right?

Got to go.. didn't mean to be so long winded!!

Nechole..

Well, I don't know what to think now.. You know, Lori at Dr. Dewitts office said she sent everything in to UHC on Tuesday so on Wednesday I contacted UHC and I asked if they have recieved a predetermination. The UHC rep said from Dr. Dewitt and I said "yes, that's it." The UHC rep said, "You should hear something from 3 to 5 days." I was soooo happy to know I was in the waiting stage and within a week of knowing something... So anyway this morning I'm thinking today is now day four.. (at least that the way I count the days.. ) This afternoon, my daugther says, "You should call UHC because it's between the three of five days. They may have already made the determination and you will know something." Within a few minutes, I'm on the phone with UHC... it's about 2:30pm. I spoke with the benefit office and they said they have NO pending or approved predetermination for me. I checked with another rep about an hour later and she told me the same thing... They said, We have nothing for WLS or nothing else for you. No doctor has sent in anything." I am wondering if UHC sent the stuff back to Dr. Dewitt for more information or what is going on?? The rep I spoke with on Wednesday was seeing something because she mentioned the type of surgery and the doctors name. Now I am so disappointed and totally confused. Anyway the rep this afternoon from UHC told me that AFTER they get the papperwork from the doctor, it could be up to thirty days before a determination is made. I understand rules and waiting periods... It's just that it's so hard when you're on the other side waiting for someone else.

Monday I will call Lori at Dr. Dewitt's office to see if she will please check to see if UHC has the request. I would lat least ike to know if at least the thirty days are ticking down or are we still trying to get the paperwork to them..

Just a little more than frustrating.

I wonder if UHC sent if back because they needed something... would it just show 'Nothing.' No notes at all. Lori should know this if they did.. I guess I'll know more Monday.

My thryroid surgery is scheduled for two weeks from Monday. I am so hoping to have the WLS by the end of August or at least by the 15th of September..

Still on the fence..

Hey yzplnxg I would call UHC and talk to a Care Coordinator thier customer service knows nothing its sad. I know this because the first time called to check the status the customer service rep sent me straight to care coordination and she gave me a number for the pending autorization. Every time I called after that and spoke to customer care they told me it was still pending. So I called last Friday and they told me that it was still pending called on Monday and Tuesday same thing. called on Wednesday and what do you know I got a customer service rep with some brains and and she was nice to send me over to a care coordinator and spoke to a very nice lady and she told me it was approved and it had been approved since last Friday and they had also sent the letter that day. They know nothing about pre autrizations I would call again and ask to speak to some in Care coordination and they will also be able to tell you if you paperwork was not sent with the correct info. I hope this helps.

Edited by jem8384

Couple of things...

UHC doesn't require that you stay overnight. I had my surgery in March and was able to go home. They only keep you if you have complications.

I have choice plus and only submitted 3 years of weight history and none of them were BMI of 40 or above.

I was approved in 5 days.

Stay positive it will happen for you!