Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today..some discomfort..HELP!!!

Hi Barbill..I am peeing a lot too. My surgery was on 5/28. I'm still sore. I havn't tried to walk yet except for moving around the house so that I will not stiffen up. My shoulder pain only lasted for one day. Now I just have soreness and bloating. Have you lost any weight?

I, too, was banded on May 28 and still have all the symptoms you describe, "Banded Today." I do find walking helps and the lung expansion exercise thingie they give you. But still have cramps and bloated discomfort. I was given Tylenol 3 in liquid form and it takes the edge off. I AM finding this thread very reassuring.

If it weren't for this forum, I would probably be a basket case. I am trying to be positive during this phase, but I am beginning to dislike chicken broth. I need some ideas on how to jazz it up so that I can get my Protein in. Slim fast has always cuased me to bloated and to be gassy.

I was banded yesterday, and am still sore. But I did sleep in my bed - lots of pillows and not much moving around. I would stay on my right side for a few hours, then get up to go pee (IV fluids) and then get back into bed on my left with the pillows and stay in that position for a couple hours, etc.

I've been doing the same thing in my cap-naps. (I'm soooo tired with bursts of energy in between. LOL)

I have also been doing really easy walking on my treadmill... slow, but enough to get the blood circulating.

Finally!!! It's day 6 post op and I finally feel good this morning. I notice during the night when I turned from side to side that I was not in pain. I am no longer as bloated and gassy either. I still think I am swollen. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the swelling to go down? I have lost weight too. May 28th day of surgery I weighed 197.7. This morning the scales shows 192.0. I am so excited about this journey. My first fill is not until June 30th. I hope the weight continues to fall off.

I had the surgery May 31 here in Doha, Qatar. I was not expecting to have much discomfort, I was wrong.

I am 6'4 and 385. I woke up gasping for a deep breath. Bad feeling. But I got it under control but my chest felt like they took my heart out and played volleyball with it.

I could not sleep laying down the first night. I did the second though. My back and chest are still sore and my stomach is still swollen. But I would do it over again in a second. As for the gas, well I like to fart anyway so that is a perk in my mind.lol

I haven't been banded yet but i do have a question, did you have the single incision or other..im just seeing what i look forward to on June. 10th

Hi 29! Congrats on getting banded! I will be banded on June 19th. I would love to keep in touch with you and follow your progress. I would have to guess that you are having gas pains, I have heard most people do! I hope it gets better soon, you are in my prayers! Talk to you soon!

Hi Honesty, I have five incisions all on the upper abs. Gonna feel free to stay in touch. Believe me, if it had not been for this forum I would probably be depressed because there is no way for your doctor to give you as much one on one time answering your questions or concerns. I feel assured when I get advice here because everyone has had the same experience. There are so many people who have found success. Their stories keep me motivated and looking ahead to when I will be able to make things easier for someone else down this journey.

Dear Barbill,

So reassuring to hear that all you've done is pee. I am, in fact, making a bit more progress than you on the other end but it's difficult and painful to pass the gas. And, you become aware of just how important ab muscles for passing gas and, well ... everything. Hang in.

i got through the 2nd night post op. If was a much easier night. I had sleepytime tea and prescribed pain meds along with my heating pad right before bed. I slept most of the night. I needed more pain meds by 3:30 am. I was able to sleep on my left side last night. The gas is making its way through my body. I've lost less than 2 pounds in 2 days. I'm not discouraged by that. I know in a mtter of weeks i will see more results.

good luck

your doing great and each day will be better. Soon you will be able to eat purred food and everything tastes great. I had my surgery may 1st and down 21 pound since pre-op april 19 so very happy with that.

I got banded June 3. They also took out my gallbladder as it was very bad.

I have some pain, but none in my shoulder from the gas. I think that makes me very lucky! It continues to be a bit difficult to get up and down, especially in and out of bed. I put pillows behind me in the recliner and that helped a ton. I'm doing laps in my house.

I have one larger incision and six punctures. I had more due to my gallbladder being removed.

I'm drinking my Protein shakes...1/2 cup three or four times a day and other liquids in between.

Congratulations Atriva, I am glad to hear you are doing well. If you have any questions or concerns I will be glad to help. I am 8 days post op.

2911, I guess you have started on the next phase of foods. Are you eating Cream of Wheat and blended oatmeal? What types of foods are doing well for you?

Atriva, I am on full liquids with creamy Soups. I go to soft foods on Thursday. My soft foods are yogurt, fish, cream of wheat and such.