Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready to go in tomorrow. Cleaning the house, stocking up on liquids, etc. Gotta be there at 5:30 a.m.

I would love to know if there are any on the forum getting ready to be Banded tomorrow morning Thurs May 28th. ....How are you preparing? RU Ready? Give a shout out!

I can tell you that I was more than ready to get on with the surgery. Everything went well for me and I never needed pain meds. The only problem that I had was the wait for the surgeon. He got backed up by his previous surgeries and I had to wait all afternoon.

Mine is the following day - Friday.

I'm doing OK on the pre-op diet, losing weight like crazy and sticking pretty close to it. In fact, I have to go change my signature again because I was down 2 more pounds this morning. LOL

I've stocked up on Soups and have a list of mushy foods to keep on hand for when I'm ready to move on. I need to send my husband out for some sugar free popsicles but that's about it.

Other than that, just hopeing for smooth sailing on Friday and beyond.

Good luck to you!

The day is almost here!

Speaking of freexer pops...Yesterday I got some fruit juice pops, and I just came in from the local drig store chain and found some Pedialite Pops mentioned here on the board. Those in particular are supposed to help with keeping one hydrated. They are in the Baby Aisle.

I have been trying to get used to sugar free...Crystal Lite especially, but I get the 'runs' something awful.

I have made some Jello in the fridge out of half sugar free and half regular. Somehow I can't tolerate milk or sugar substitutes.

I am tomorrow, have to be there at 9:15 for a 10:45 procedure. Ready, well I will be glad for it to be over, that is for sure. I am as prepared as I can be and anything I forgot my husband and son will have to take care of for me. LOL good luck to you all.

good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow. You all will do wonderful and pull throught the post op with flying colors. Take care of yourselves and let us know how everyone is doing, when you can.

So I am home and doing well. Really quite an amazing day, much better than I anticipated. I had been scheduled to be at the hospital at 9:15 with surgery at 10:45, so I am getting ready about 7:45 and the phone rings, doctor had a cancellation, can I come in asap. So I get dressed abnd we jump in car and get to the hospital around 8:20, got all checked in, got iv started and all that sort of stuff, they were really hurrying to get me through so I did not have time to think or worry. 9:00 I kiss my husband goodbye and head to the surgery suite, they started at 9:30 (I am told) and I was in recovery answering questions at 10:50. Was sitting up by 11:50 or so, walking by 12:15, pee'd, walked, headed home by 1:15. Not groggy, not in too much pain yet. Drinking juice and all so while I know tomorrow will be worse, I am very relived so far that it has been pretty easy.

I am a May 28 bandster as well. I am less comfortable than I had anticipated. I didn't think it would be a "big deal", but it feels weird. I wouldn't call it pain per se, but it is very uncomfortable. Feels like I need to let out a huge belch!

I was also banded on 5/28/09. Doctor found and repaired a hernia. Could be the reason I had a lot of discomfort. Got advice from the forum to move around and take gas-x. It seemed to help. I got enough sleep last night..I'm a lttle weak today. I hope I feel better soon. Can't drink as much as I was told. I'm not hungry or thirsty. Will rest and hope to feeling good enough to go to work on Monday. Good luck to everyone. I hope you are doing well. I'm hear to compare notes if needed.

Congratulations to all of you! You're now Banded Banditos! :)

My husband and I left at 6:30 this morning, got there at 7 (appointed time). We did paperwork and then they started the prep - IV and heparin and all that.

They wheeled me into the operating room at 8:45. The next thing I recall was coming out of it in recovery at 10.

They observed me for nearly 2 hours but we left before noon and were home in our own house shortly after.

I have slept most of the afternoon. Some pain, and wooziness from the pain meds. But other than that, it's all going fine... no nausea, no gas pain (knock wood).

I'm on the other side!!! I'm with the band!

Home the same day! I must say that I did miss my own bed, but stayed overnight, even tough they wanted to have me satay another night too!.

I am trying some shakes..very slowly and they seem to be very filling right now. I can only drink 1/2 Glucerna at a time..4 oz.

I tried Jello, but have a tough time with that. Perhaps I am eating it too fast, but I can feel it sitting in my 'pipe'. So I will forgo the Jello for now. I made some freezer pops and they are good too. For lunch today I am trying some broth, 1/2 Glucerna, and my usual medications and Vitamins.< /p>

I weigh more now than when I went in because of all the gas, I guess. I am real bloated, but not in pain.

You have your Hubby as a great helper..be nice to him LOL!

Edited by singingintherain

Yep, mine was out-patient.

Doing good today. I was fine yesterday too. I slept in my own bed, although had to get up to pee a lot (darn IV fluids! LOL). Using my Stadol inhaler for pain. I had chicken broth, Water, and popsicles yesterday and will stick with those today. I'm only on Clear liquids this first week, so no shakes.

I'm not hungry, though. This is easier than following the Clear Liquids pre-op diet, given that I was so hungry then. I hope I can continue to not be hungry for the next few days while getting past clear liquids.

I even did my 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday! I walked at a very VERY slow pace, but I did it.

I'm still very tired, off and on, so will continue napping and building up stamina.