Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8cc in band with no restriction

:cursing: HELP!!!! I was banded on Feb 16th of this year. My first fill I got 4cc, my second i got 1cc, and my third fill i got 3cc. I still am not feeling barely any restriction. I can definately eat more than 2 cups of food without problems. I have NO food that dont agree with me such as bread or meat. I am so frustrated:frown:... I am wondering if this was just a big waste of money... I hear people talking about this sweet spot. Will I ever get there??? Can anyone help and tell me if they have heard someone with that big of a fill with no restriction. Thanks Kari

Edited by karimezinger

Have you asked your doctor? Are you sure you don't have a leak? And how much does your band hold? Are you counting the "primer" that's in the band to start in that total? Please realize that it's almost impossible to tighten a band up all the way and the person not feel something (remember how small that hole is once the band is filled? and add stomach tissue to that...that hole isn't big.)

You need to talk to your doc; you either have a leak, or a large band, or a VERY strong esophagus, or you have miscalculated how much is in there. Good luck!

I feel you. I wanted this SOOOOOOOOo bad in the beginning. but now I'm depressed. I have 6 CC's in a 10 CC band. No restriction what so ever. I have only lost 10 lbs. I got my band April 16th. :cursing: this is horrible. Any suggestions. comments.

Do you happen to have the 14cc band? If so, you are in the range of where you should be finding restriction.

Regardless, when they did the last fill, did they draw out all the saline in the band to confirm that you had 5ccs in your band before they added the 3ccs? My doc always draws out everything in the band the verify that there is as much as my file shows.....

Cortney how fast did the surgeon tell you that you'd lose? And when? and if you just got banded mid April you ALREADY have 6cc? That's really aggressive. For most of us, the first 6 weeks are considered a time to HEAL not lose! You've lost 10 pounds...you're ahead of the curve by the 1-2 pounds weekly most of us are told to expect. I think you're being too hard on yourself, or maybe your surgeon didn't do adequate teaching about how and when the band does it's thing!

You're really doing well; sorry you're unhappy about it!

it took me from oct '07 to end of mar '08 to get restriction, and that creeping up brought me to 8.5cc's in a 10cc band. some need more than others....i'm maintaining now and still have a high fill level of 7.2cc's. your best to take it slow rather than rush to restriction - there are a few complications that can arise trying to get there fast....

good luck!

Good lord that's a scary scenario! I just got my first fill at 1 1/2 cc... I feel nothing. if I'm like you I could be into this a year already and still feel no benefit. GULP.

You are not alone. I've had 4 fills and is up to 5.9 cc and still don't have enough restriction. My first fill was 4.4 cc and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th fills were each 0.5 cc. This has been really frustrating as the PA refused to give me bigger fills. I've only one free fill left and who knows if I will ever reach the sweet spot or not.

Hey i was banded 5th sept 08 i have a total of 8.05ml and no restriction so all will power and damm its hard really need it to kick in after all im more than 9months out so i feel ur pain of having no restriction i have to be so strict with myself which has paid off cos im near 7stone down and planning my plastic surgery tt arms and boobs but want another stone off but keep going and it will pay off we'r just the unlucky ones who must need to be completely filled i know a few who have only 4m and great restriction!!!

I went to the Doctor on Friday.. He pulled out the solution in my band and I was at 8cc, so he put another 1cc in the band. I finally feel a little restriction. I have an 11cc band so Im hoping that maybe one more fill and I will be at my sweet spot. Has anyone else had these issues? He told me since my BMI was not extremely high that alot of times you need alot in your band to feel restriction. Has anyone else heard this? Thanks everyone for posting back to me.. I have been freakin out thinking was this worth it. Its never going to work.... Kari:thumbup:

He told me since my BMI was not extremely high that alot of times you need alot in your band to feel restriction. Has anyone else heard this?

I had a lower BMI and my surgeon told me the exact same thing. My surgery was on October 22, 2008 and I currently have 8.4 cc in my 10 cc band. Although I feel some occasional restriction I can definitely eat more than 2 cups of food at a time! However, there are SOME foods that are starting to give me some trouble, like asparagus (anything but the tips), Pasta, English cucumbers with the skins on them, etc. Athough I am not losing any weight, I am at least maintaining (which is far better than what I was doing before the surgery). Of course, if I exercised more it would be far better! The thing is, don't lose faith, but most importantly don't beat yourself up! :lol:

i can believe the lower bmi/need more restriction view point, because I was told, and have read, that as we lose weight often we need our bands tightened because the fat around our stomach is diminished. If you start out with less fat around the stomach, then you need a smaller belt (just like a thin person needs a shorter belt than a heavier person does)

Im similiar to you. I had 7.8cc in my 10cc band until today, Im at 8.8 now. I had very little restriction and could still eat about 2 cups of food. Hopefully todays fill will be the one! She pulled out all of my Fluid to make sure I didnt have a leak and it was all there.

He told me since my BMI was not extremely high that alot of times you need alot in your band to feel restriction. Has anyone else heard this?

my surgeon told me the same, knew i would need to go over 8ccs to get any kind of restriction......my bmi was 36 to start.