Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Band do you have??  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Band do you have??

• I have the Lap Band AP - 10cc
    • I have the Lap Band AP - 14cc
    • I have a 10cc but it is not the AP Band
    • I have a 14cc but it is not the AP Band
    • None of the above

Don't forget the Inamed 5 cc band! That's what I have. I think it's the main one that my doctor uses -- Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, who is wondeful!

As long as what you have works...I don't think it really matters in the vast scheme of things! :)

You said that you had 1rst surgery 8/11 and too thick of a liver so you didn't get the band. Then on 8/29 you show that you had the surgery and it was successful. What did you do from 8/11 to 8/29 to shrink your liver? My Doctor just told me my BMI was too high for band surgery, 52 BMI at 325 lbs., and that I needed to lose 25 lbs to bring down the BMi under 50. I am wondering what you did to shrink your liver. Just wondering.

You are doing great.

You said that you had 1rst surgery 8/11 and too thick of a liver so you didn't get the band. Then on 8/29 you show that you had the surgery and it was successful. What did you do from 8/11 to 8/29 to shrink your liver? My Doctor just told me my BMI was too high for band surgery, 52 BMI at 325 lbs., and that I needed to lose 25 lbs to bring down the BMi under 50. I am wondering what you did to shrink your liver. Just wondering.

You are doing great.

Thanks...I've lost over 22 pounds since I FINALLY found restriction on 5/7. So I got off to a slow start but I think I'm making up for lost time!

My doc had a very specific diet he put me on that I "cheated" on by doing my own thing. I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks (I was pleased with that) but when I came to, confessed, and promised to do what he told me (and did what he told me) I lost another 17 pounds. The diet is very strict but works; it is this:

I drank at least 64 oz of Water. I drank 2-3 EAS Carb Control Advant-Edge shakes a day, and for dinner I ate 3-4 oz of lean fish, chicken, or turkey (usually Gorton's baked fish) and up to 1 cup of green veggies (usually steamed green beans). That's it. No butter no breading no ketchup no diet crystal light no coffee no sugar free iced tea...just Water (plain) the shakes (2-3) and the "meal". It works like a charm if you stick to it.

I have the 10cc ap standard. I am very disappointed in myself. I dont really have any restriction because I only have 4 cc in the band. I am going on Thursday and hopefull getting a fill so that I can continue!! Has anyone else had this problem? Its very discouraging!!

I have the 10cc ap standard. I am very disappointed in myself. I dont really have any restriction because I only have 4 cc in the band. I am going on Thursday and hopefull getting a fill so that I can continue!! Has anyone else had this problem? Its very discouraging!!

Why are you disappointed in yourself? Almost everyone goes through Bandster Hell before they get restriction, so this isn't your fault, just part of the process. And yes, it's very discouraging!! Hang in there, and I hope this fill works, if not, just keep going back.

I have the Realize band also...my doc asked me if i had a preference and i said i trusted them to choose what they thought would be best for me.

He tends to like the realize band and have good results with that band so he choose to use that for me. I figured he is the expert so he should use what he sees me succeeding with.

I have had 3 fills for a total of 5 cc in a 9cc band. i just had a fill last week so right now i feel pretty good about my restriction.

My surgeon gave me a choice between LB or Realize, and I left the decision to him. I have the LB AP Standard 10 cc.

I have the 14cc AP band, I just had my 2nd fill, and I am filled up with 8cc right now. 4cc was put in during surgery...

Told by office people hit their sweet spot between 9-12cc and I should feel some restriction with the 8cc..

I feel nothing.

Anyone else at this stage? I am getting discouraged by being in bandster hell.

i had a choice between lap band and realize and decided to go with the realize band because the port was a bit smaller. that was the only real difference i could see.

i have the 14cc band and my first fill was 4.5 cc's I do feel restriction but not as much as i was hoping to get. I feel more of a chest "tightness" than restriction

I had a hard time deciding between the Lap Band or Realize Band. The port size is a bit smaller on the Realize band...but now the Lap Band comes with 2 port sizes. I ended up going with the Lap Band because I prefer the shape of the balloon, wedges instead of a smooth balloon. I saw a demo of the two, link posted below, they look kindof the same, but in my mind the channels make more sense. I have the Lap Band APS.

Trace W. Curry, M.D. :: View topic - Pic of new Realize-C

i had a choice between lap band and realize and decided to go with the realize band because the port was a bit smaller. that was the only real difference i could see.

i have the 14cc band and my first fill was 4.5 cc's I do feel restriction but not as much as i was hoping to get. I feel more of a chest "tightness" than restriction

I believe the Realize band holds 11 ccs, the AP Large holds 14...so if it matters to you which you have/how much it holds you might confirm with your doc.

Since you think you have Realize, 14cc..I don't think it comes with that capacity. ? Worth asking about.

I have a Lap band APS 10 cc band I decided on it becauce it tends to have the creases that cause issues. Love it so far!

The only 14 cc band (so far) is the lap band. Realize just comes in one size, like lap band used to! :)

My doctor uses the realize band..he said there was a 10, 11 and 15cc band. He used the 11 cc band in me...

My doctor uses only 14cc band with all his patients. Since I had a perfect experience, I swear by anything he does. My friend also used him and had the same experience. I get my first fill on Sept 3rd. Can't WAIT!!

I have heard that the Lap Band AP is the most recent version and that it comes in 10cc or 14cc. Do you think that I should request one size over the other?

What size do you have?

I have a new Johnson and Johnson 11cc band

filled with 5.5cc