Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Grant Searles - Welcome Alaska Girls and Guys!

Wow, this doesn't get much action, lol.

Ok, I am also new to the site and live on Ft. WW here in Alaska. I just got referred to Dr. Searles and am nervous as I don't know much about him. I was reading up in Dr. Todd and know of some people done by him so was surprised that is wasn't him. I am ok with it, just surprised. Been trying to find out how he is and what his process is. My appt is Oct. 20 for consult. I am nervous and excited.

Hello,

I too live in Ft.WW and I was referred to Dr. Searles. I just had an awesome experience with his staff and the process to get through all the tests that were preformed at FMH. I am very excited to have my surgery scheduled for Nov. 1st. The process only took me about 2 months after my initial consult with Dr. Searles. Try to schedule your psychological evaluation as soon as possible,, and get a nutrition consult soon also because those 2 appts take the longer time to complete. I completed these before my first appt with the doctor. FYI he is honest, sincere, and very informative. Nice too!!!

Hi Ladies!! My name is Samantha and recently stationed at Ft Richardson here with my husband. Just had my referral approved to Dr. Searles here in Anchorage. So excited to start this process!! I have Tricare Prime and was wondering what should I be expecting consult, test and surgery wise? My first appt with him is on June 8th. Any feedback y'all could provide me with would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello all,

I've only posted once or twice here....but I'm so excited...today I got my surgery date. ;) August 2nd!! I am so excited!! :D

Anyone stationed at Eielson??

Hi girls I had my band done in Mexico-- Dr. Todd wouldn't do it because my BMI was too low for him. It cost 6,500 and TJ has a wonderful hospital and set up. I live in Wasilla so I'm getting my fills from Larry Walters at Dr. Woods. It's working. Slowly but surely. I've only lost 28 pounds since Dec. but thats alright_ I'm happy

Vickie,

I'm meeting with Dr. Todd for the first time in a week. How low was your BMI? Should I expect anything with him?

Thanks!!

Hello fellow alaskans!!

I am new to this site and will be banded on friday 12/2/11!! I am so excited and nervous to have the surgery over and move on to a thinner me! I have chosen Dr. Searles to do my surgery. I will also have my hiatal hernia repair with the band placement. Can anyone tell me about how much post op pain was involved and more about their post op diet.

Thank you all and I am so looking forward to a new me!

Ok so if there is anyone out there who still reads these....

I get that Dr. Todd is no good in Anchorage. What about this guy at Dr. Woods? Can anyone provide some more information such as a phone number please?

I live in SE Alaska and would much rather not have to fly south and deal with that rat race. I need a place that will do flouro!

Thank you!

If you are asking about Dr Searles, in Anchorage he is wonderful! His staff are fabulous!

I went to Dr. Searles office and asked for lap band surgery, I was waiting for him to try to convince me to get a gastric bypass, but he never said a single word. He asks why I wanted lap band surgery, and told me what to expect. I am a medical professional and have treated many gastric bypass patients with bad outcomes, there was no way anyone would have ever talked me into a gastric bypass, and I would have little faith medically in anyone who would have tried. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Searles. I had no complications, and the one time I needed an urgent visit, they got me in immediately! On several visits I was a little down because the weigh loss is slow and steady but slower than I want, his staff gave me words of encouragement and even told me to call them If I just needed to talk. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Searles and his staff.

I hope this helps, but if you have specific question please feel free to send them my way.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for responding! I am really desparate for a fill. Do you know how much it is? Does he do Flouro? Can you help me with contact info? I had heard the people in Anchorage charge $700 for flouro and make you go through hell to get a fill if you did not get the surgery from them. Please advise!

Thank you SO MUCH!

LeAnn

I am not sure what Dr. Searles charges for a fill, as all of mine have been included in my surgery costs. I know he doesn't require fluro, as all of my fills have been in his office, but his office is at Alaska Regional hospital and they have fluro there.

Hope this helps, but I would call his office and speak to his staff, they are very helpful.

Karen

He will not see people who did not get surgery from him so that is out. I found a person in Wasilla and will be up in May! SO EXCITED!