Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anniversary Challenge

Hi August All-Stars,

I like to set goals. I truly believe that a failing to plan is planning to fail. With that said, I am ready to set some goals for this summer and I thought it might be good to do them in the form of a challenge.

We can discuss the details and then decide what is best but I would like to set 3 major weigh ins - first Memorial Day (5/25/09), second Independence Day (7/4/09), and third our individual anniversary days in August.

I have set specific goals for myself for those days and it helps me to have someone tracking those as well. I was thinking that for those of us who want to set these goals, we could just track them as part of our normal Friday weigh-in with special posts on the goal dates.

I know that all of our goals will be different. Some of you are trying to get to goal weight. I am trying to get to onederland (if I make it, I will still be losing faster than my doctor would like). My goals are 8 lbs by 5/25, 9 more lbs by 7/2, 8 more lbs by 8/22. What are yours?

Anyone else have ideas or suggestions?

I'm in! I'm going to count the increase in my total pounds lost. I'd like to see:

Memorial Day: -40#

This loss will put me at a 3-year low!

4th of July: -47#

Seven pounds in just under six weeks...I can do that.

Anniversary 8/28: -60#

Thirteen pounds in eight weeks...I want that!!!!!!

It has taken me forever to even get some restriction. My 7th fill was in the first week of March and finally things are on the move. Slowly but surely, I'm on my way! I've really never completely committed to serious exercise (anything more than walking) but I'm actually ready now. This challenge will help me stay motivated. Thanks tutornmom :thumbdown:

Edited by Lanakila

I know my goals are big ones but I really want to be to onederland by my anniversary and I am really kicking in with exercise since school and tutoring will not be so crazy.

I'm ready to join this challenge. My bandiversery is August 29th and I will like to have hit the 100# lost mark (since banding) by then...so that means...

5# by Memorial Day

9# more by July 4th

and 15# more by August 29th

That will put me at 158 and only 14# from goal. I think it's attainable mainly because my banding date is so late in August that it gives me some additional time on the last leg. I get 63 days from July 4th - August 29th.

I guess I better start cracking the whip on myself if I'm going to make it! Thanks for the support!

I am in. I need something. I have been in a funk since January! I dont know what to do. LOL. I have had 4 fills and have a next one on July 1st. Here are my goals and I need all the support I can get.

Memorial Day--->5lbs

4th of July--->5lbs(10 total from today)

August 11th--->5lbs(15lbs total from today)

My long term goal is to be in onderland by August 11th.

I can do it. I set small goals so I dont get discouraged. 15lbs in 3 months is doable. :smile:

I'm in.

Memorial day: 4 pounds

4th July: 6 more pounds (total of 10 lost)

6th of August: 5 more pounds (total of 15 pounds lost)

Here are my goals:

Memorial day- 7 pounds

July 4th -15 pounds

August 14th- 15 pounds

If I can reach each of these goals I will have met my overall goal for the year...:thumbup:

Good luck to everyone! It's time for me to get movin!!!

I'm shooting for getting down to 200 lbs by Memorial Day. This would put me down a total of 77 lbs and at a weight that I haven't been at since 4th grade.

My Goal for July 4th is 192 lbs.

My Anniversary Goal is 182 lbs and that would put my BMI at 24.9 which would be the first time in my entire life that I wasn't overweight.

Bryan

I MUST stop eating smooshy foods or I will not make my Memorial Day goal!!!!!! I must concentrate on eating must-chew foods so that I'll stay full longer. There, I've said it for everyone to see so now I'm accountable to more than just myself.

Well I hope that by August 7th my one year anniversary I will be very close to goal. By Memorial Day I would like to be in the 150's. Almost there now. I would love to be 140-130 by August 7th. Getting my next fill next week.

I was off track for a while and not losing hardly anything, back on track and doing well.

Good Luck everyone.

I'm in! It'll be a challenge, but I'd love to be at 80 pounds lost by Memorial Day (that should be about 5 pounds between now and then). Then it's about 6 weeks between Memorial Day and July 4th, so I'm going to go for another 10 pounds by then, for a total of 90. And it may be nearly impossible, but I'm going to try to hit 100 by my anniversary date of August 4 - 10 more pounds in 4 weeks! That averages out to about 2 pounds a week, which is doable. I've really started seeing the scale move again since I've started eating about 250 more calories a day. I LOVE the Daily Plate!!

I am in also. My Memorial day goal is to 195 lbs - about 5 ponds for this month. By July 4th 185 and by my band Anniversary (8/1) I would like to be anywhere less then 180 for a 100lb loss. I have started eating more and the scale is moving - I just hope it keeps moving.;)

I sooooo need this challenge! I have almost no restriction and see myself sliding quickly. I go for a fill on the 22nd and hope that will help. I actually started gaining weight! EWWW.

Memorial Day - 2 lbs (since my fill is on the 22nd, I will need time)

July 4th - 10 lbs more

August 1st - 10 lbs more

That will put me at 143 and only 18lbs from goal. I know I really should be at goal, but at this point I cannot complain that I am that close!

Okay, I am in. I need some sort of motivation - I feel like I am slipping back to old eating habits: snack, snack, snack! This may be just what I need!!!

Memorial Day: 3 lbs

July 4th: 5 lbs (8 lbs total)

Aug 5th: 5 lbs (13 lbs total)

I have not really lost much the past couple of months, so this is going to be a real challenge for me!

I am doing pitifully so far. I didn't even post last Friday because I was disgusted that I didn't lose and since then I have actually gained. I am working hard in my exercise and not eating tooo much just not the right things. I haven't been shopping lately (due to the budget) and we are just eating what is in the house and it hasn't been good.

I am going to get this together! I will not be discouraged even if I don't make the goal, but I will be more motivated to make it next time!