Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will try harder to not offend. But when people are asking for help. they are frustrated what more can we offer them than our personal experiences! I know there are a ton of Dr.s out there and most think their dr is the best. But when people are crying out for an affordable option it doesnt take much for someone to put fear into the heart of an honest searcher. I will be more careful. But honestly just because we are obese doesnt mean it is hopeless! and people need to know it! Feel free to research DR. Ramos Kelly with WLS CLinic for your own peace of mind. They have their own website. But if I post it I might get in trouble. I dont want to advertise but if there is someone out there ASKING FOR INFO/ HELP with their problem..... I would be selfish to not offer at least my email address. And if people don't think I am for real maybe I should put me phone # on here too! It took me 3 years of prolonged suffering in my battle with Obesity before I Finally have a Surgery date! I am a little excited. Maybe my experiences can shorten someone else's time of darkness and depression.

Write me if I can clear anything up--- leahwebster@msn.com

You don't HAVE any personal experience, you haven't been banded yet!

I hope you get your approval very soon, but if you don't, it's not the end of the world. I have been waiting for over 2 years, and I still don't have a surgery date. It has been very depressing and frustrating at the same time, but it will all be worth it when I finally get to have my surgery.

My problems started when my surgeon wanted cardiac clearance prior to surgery. I went to see my cardiologist, and ended up having to have 2 stents put in my heart. The doctor used medicated stents, so I couldn't be off of my blood thinners for at least 1 year, and my WLS surgeon said I would need to be off of them for a week before he would do surgery. I was depressed for that year, but I made it through. Then, after the year was over, I called my surgeon back and the rules for Medicare had changed to having a 6 month dr supervised diet before surgery would be approved. I had a very difficult time getting my PCP to do this for me, so I was several more months in limbo. After I finally got the 6 month thing over with, I called and my surgeon had relocated! I called his new office and made an appointment to see him. I saw him on February 2, 2009. Medicare also requires surgery to be done at a Center of Excellence, and the hospital he now practices at does not have that certification yet. The hospital he used to do surgery at was already a Center of Excellence. So, I'm still waiting. They told me it would probably be 3 to 6 months before the hospital would get their certification. I called Friday, and there is no news yet.

So, I guess I'm trying to help you understand that there may be a possibility your surgery will be put off for 1 reason or another, but you will eventually get it done. Although my wait has been long and very frustrating, I'm still anxiously waiting for the day they tell me I have a surgery date. I know it is coming soon.

Joan