Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... got some work to do.

You can do it Jason. I have not had my first consult yet. It's on the 28th but I can not wait. I am willing to do what ever it takes as well. Look at the bright side you will already have mastered a new way of eating and use to plenty of excercises. So while some of us are getting adjusted to a new life style you will have it down pact.

khenry,

Hey thanks buddy! Sounds like you are determined to change your life as well and I wish you the best of luck with your initial consult. Keep us posted and let us hear how things turn out for you. Thanks again!

Jason

Hello Hello!! Well it has been a slow couple of weeks for me for some reason, but I reached an awesome goal of mine today! My BMI is just a tick below 60 and that exites me like crazy! I started at 74 and it is at 59.9 so I have accomplished something for sure! I lost 2 lbs this past week for a total of 95 and cannot wait to see that 100lb mark... perhaps next week huh? Talk to yall later!

Jason

Hello Hello!! Well it has been a slow couple of weeks for me for some reason, but I reached an awesome goal of mine today! My BMI is just a tick below 60 and that exites me like crazy! I started at 74 and it is at 59.9 so I have accomplished something for sure! I lost 2 lbs this past week for a total of 95 and cannot wait to see that 100lb mark... perhaps next week huh? Talk to yall later!

Jason

That's awesome!!! And don't let the slow weeks discourage you! Your body has to take time to catch up from time to time and you are building lots of muscle unlike some of us!!!

Hi Jason,

I have seen your posts and have been impressed with how determined you are. You can do it! I was curious if you had ever tried to lose weight before. I was always a heavy child, and I weighed 285 as a senior in high school. I was around 300 most of my 20's and 30's, but did lose weight when I was 36. I went on prescription medication and lost 185 pounds! It is the smallest I have ever been as an adult. I gained it all back, then some extra to boot. I have lost weight three times since then, around 100 pounds each time. I just couldn't keep it off. I was wondering if you had ever tried before. A lot of us with bands have tried and tried, never to succeed for the long term. Have you lost before?

jms - sometimes I lose sight of the facts that you brought to my attention. I have gained muscle; I can feel the strength and have been able to increase the weights I do each week about 4 times now. It is an awesome feeling!! Thanks for the support.

Rebecca - I have not tried to lose weight before. I understand that it is very difficult to lose without some type of aid and be able to keep it off for the long term. I have talked to my primary doctor and surgeon about these facts. They are rather discouraging to think about so I simply don't. I have been able to have great success for my first time weight loss and pray that I have the ability to truly change my life... forever. I need this change and could not want it more. I want it for myself, for my wife, for my kids, for my family, for my future, for all the right reasons. I am going to succeed and that is all their is to it. This is my thought process and the most serious positive thing I have ever set my mind to. I appreciate your support and even though I have not done the surgery it means a great deal to continue to have supporters. Thank you... I mean it... thank you.

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for responding. I know that you are working so hard to lose weight, and you are doing awesome! Everyone on this site has had trouble losing weight, and many of us have failed time and time again. If you have not had trouble like us, maybe the lap band is not what you need. You just keep losing, keep getting fit, and Celebrate every little milestone that you reach. I know that you can do it!:mad2:

Alright... I am happy as a lark right now. When I first started my weight loss I was wearing a size 58 blue jean. I got some new jeans today in size 52 and they fit perfectly!!! I was thrilled! Also back down to a 5X shirt. I am loving life!!!

Jason

Well this is the third week of another plateau I am sitting high on. I lost under a pound, but it took me down to 393 so another 4lbs and I will reach my 100lb goal!!! I cannot wait. Murphy's Law says I have to wait a month for it to happen I guess. HaHa!! No problem after having the results I posted above though... smaller clothes = bigger satisfaction!!! I love that!

Well my family and I are leaving this coming weekend (Sunday most likely) for a road trip. I am going back home to visit some family in AL. We plan on visiting Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore and a few other incredible sights along the way. We are very excited to do this and to see family!!! I won't be doing my weekly weigh-ins, but will weigh when I get a chance. Everything else will stay the same... may be nights when I cannot use a gym, but that doesn't mean I can't stay active! This should be a lot of fun and a challenge as well:) Talk to yall soon!

Jason

Hey Jason-- you are still doing great and will hit that 100# soon, I know you will.

Have a great trip, enjoy seeing your family and take lots of pictures :bored:

First of all let me thank you all for your support and kind words! I have been getting the same from close friends and family and we all know how important that is. I am thankful for that. I joined the gym my wife goes to and the day of my consult I went to the gym and started walking on the treadmill. This is what my doc recommended most for me at this time. I did .5 mile the first night and .7 mile last night. I plan on taking it slow and am meeting with a personal trainer next week to discuss safe steps for my weight and ability. My doc also told me to use Atkins diet which I have somewhat started. This is a huge change for me even starting to workout/walk. I have decided to cut all breads, rice & Pasta. I have cut fried foods as well. I am not following Atkins 100% yet because I still have suaces and whatnot on meats, but I have made a radical change in my eating habits and I am proud of myself. I am going to contiue reading and learning about Atkins and slowly work my way to following it by the book. My next big battle is to stop using caffeine. This one I am not too excited about, but I will slowly get down to not needing it. I have mentioned this before I believe, but my wife is type 1 diabetic and is a HUGE help in having the strength to accomplish these tasks... we are helping one another! Anyhow I am curious to see what my weight is this coming Monday. When I left the office after talking with my surgeon and his fitness expert I agreed to walk 1-2 times a week. After leaving I thought to myself ... why can't I walk every day? Well this is what I am doing. I am ready to loose this weight and have this surgery!!!

Wow... that blew up into a blog didn't it? LOL Thanks again for the support! It means a great deal to me!

Jason

P.S. I turned 30 today.... YEESH! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a great way to enter your 30's =)

Hey everyone! It has been a while since I posted here. My family and I took off on a road trip on Sept 27th and just returned on Wed night. We went down to Alabama to visit family and had a blast! Things are still going very well with me. I managed to lose 14lbs on our trip. As I said before I am not interested in going backwards. I am up to 110 lbs lost and have set my next goal at another 100 lbs. I am working to get to 289lbs. I have started taking walks outside and have done two walks that have been the longest of my life. The first one was 3.9 miles and I took one today and went 4.8 miles!!! I was tired and my feet were sore when I got back, but I feel great tonight! I have gone from a size 58 jean to a 50 now and am looking forward to getting into the 40's again!!! Let me hear how everyone is doing.. I hope everyone is well!

Jason

That's wonderful! Sounds like fun and you lost weight at the same time. You are doing so well.

Just wanted to stop in & say Hi to all the good people I talked with for a while! As you already know I decided against having the surgery last August, but have kept my mind straight & remained focused on my goal... that being a completely new lifestyle. A Healthy Lifestyle. I have lost a total of 161lbs in 11 months & could not feel better with my progress!!! I started this journey at 489lbs & have gotten down to 328lbs as of Monday. I am looking so forward to being under 300 SOON!!! I hope everyone here is doing great on your journey!!! Let me hear from y'all... I will check back in:)

Jason