Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Josiebies TT and Breast Lift 5/11/09

hi everyone,

had a good day...altho' i think i'm pushing too hard. so tomorrow i will slow down a bit

i walked my dogs for almost 2 hours. of course it's at a snails pace but i was moving.

i also took my first shower without help. then a shopping trip to target.

i am off pain meds and am now taking tylenol liquid. my doctor doesn't give pain pumps and i have to say...i didnt need it. i was surprised when he first told me this (that he didnt give the pain pump). i really dont have much pain except when i wake up. i'm usually stiff and can work that out by walking around.

i'm still weepy. i had 2 crying jags today for no reason. i will say i feel better after i finish crying. i do have the postop blues a bit

southern missy: ha...you gave me a good laugh re: flashing. the compression garment they give you has an opening for you to go to the bathroom easily. when i go out naturally i put shorts over the "girdle". i keep worrying that my butt is sticking out. it is so weird.

mimilou: re: "big reveal" i have a doctor's appt next monday. so i guess after that. altho' my drains have slowed considerably and he may want to see me sooner. so after i see him i will do the post op pics.

pennreporter: i think the younger they are the better they do...so thats a big positive. actually i had a TT but only 4 inches in back werent cut. so it was almost all the way around. i think following the doctors orders are key. plus i found reading about the people that went before me on this website has helped tremendously. i gained alot of strength from many of these women

anyway i'm going to sign off now....i have 4 dogs of my own (One just fell in the pool) and my boyfriend has me watching his and his father's dogs. so they are keeping me busy. which is a really good thing. so i have to let them out and then go sleepy time.

have a good night everyone

josie

Edited by josiebies

Hi- I am very new and have an orientation date scheduled, so at this point I am gettin as much info as I can; How soon after surgery did you get the tt and Lipo etc., and what is the typical cost for this? I live in California. I know that after my weight loss there will be A LOT of skin sagging, I am very afraid of that.

I know your question was directed at Josie, but hopefully I can give you some helpful info. I had tt and inner thigh lift on May 7th. I have been at "goal" since Sept. The procedures I had done cost me $10,100. I live in the Sacramento area, and had my surgery by Dr. Green who works at Sacramento Plastic Surgery Center. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

Tracy

josie,

I was very stiff in the first few weeks - sometimes it felt like the incisions would never 'loosen'. It was really bad in the mornings and in the evenings, and I couldn't cross my legs or wear stiff pants or even bend down very well.

But now I only ever feel stiff if I really really overdo it. Most days I wake up not even feeling my incisions anymore, and it's the same for the evenings. Unless I'm up until late and have been gardening or something, I can't feel them. I don't feel them at all during the day now, and I'm back in jeans and wearing belts etc. The only thing that still sometimes bothers me is very stiff denim, like brand new non-stretchy jeans, but I'm sure in a couple of months, they'll be fine too.

So it does get better, I promise. I remember once wondering if I would always feel like I was wearing pants that were waaaay too tight. But now my body feels almost completely back to normal, and I'm only 7 weeks post op. I can cross my legs, sit akimbo on the floor, I can even stretch after waking up without discomfort!

So hang in there, matey. Pretty soon you'll forget you had the surgery most of the time because you'll start to feel comfortable with the new body!

J

I had to say I had a few weeping jags too. I think it's part of the process. Yes, life feels better when you are finished with them, I agree.

Love those doggies and rest. I would do a big day then a rest day when I was at your point in the recovery. It wasn't planned like that but it just turned out like that.

Maybe that will be your pattern too.

XO and love those puppies for me. I heart doggies and don't have one in my life right now. :purplebananna: Soon though, I hope.

hi everyone,

thanks for all the feedback and well wishes.

today is day 8. physically i am still feeling fine. i'm off all prescriptions and on liquid tylenol. i am only taking it at night so i can sleep comfortably.

i had my drains taken out today.

my major issue...... i cant stop crying. in fact as i am writing this i am welling up with tears.

when i went to get the drains out....i saw the doctor.

he said it is common and part of it is from the drugs, anesthesia (spelling?), but he also said there are studies about serotonin levels being changed with major surgery, etc.

even having all this info...i still feel so bad. there was a woman in the next room that was 6 weeks out from her surgery and she had depression still.....

i know this is temporary but when i am in the middle of it....i feel like i will never get out of it.

i am also having trouble eating from being nauseous. so that isnt helping either.

the upside...i have good energy physically. if i could only turn off my mind....

i'm sorry to be such a downer but i think i thought the post op depression would come later on. i'm thankful that physically i feel good. and my "girls" look so cute now. they are smaller just from the mere lift (i didnt have implants) but i dont really care. at least they arent pointing towards the antarctic anymore

marquint: sorry i didnt answer you. i actually didnt get my PS right away. i reached goal within 10 mos of being banded. i then tried for a year to workout to avoid surgery. i weightrained, cycled i even rode the MS150 here in texas. the working out really helped with the weight loss, toning, etc but it didnt take away the excess skin on my stomach. so i had my surgery 2 years after being banded and 1 year and 4 mos after reaching goal. if you look around this site and www.makemeheal.com..you will find so many different answers to this question.

i will say i went to 3 consults before choosing my doctor. and each one was surprised i was at goal and was glad. they mentioned some people come in beforehand and expect too much from the plastic surgeon. i had estimates from $13,500-$25,000 for the same surgery. i chose my doctor based on the pics i saw of his surgery on other patients on both this site and make me heal.

lellow: thanks for letting me know how you are doing. i will say i did have a few moments today where i was wondering why i did this.....7 weeks you are doing great.

juli: too bad you didnt live a little more south ha! i could lend you a few. i have to say my 4 are a good group to handle. i have 2 huge newfoundlands and 2 mini-dogs-a border terrier and yorkie. you know the little ones run the show ha!

now mix in the 2 other dogs (my boyfriend's and his father's) and i really identify with the movie "yours, mine and ours" with lucille ball. ha!

anyway girls...i really feel better hearing from you guys. i dont feel so alone.

i'm going to sign off and get some sleep.< /p>

thanks again

josie

Josie:

So sorry that the "teary feary" tapped you on the shoulder. I hope that passes quickly. Maybe if you look at your before pictures and look at your new tummy and boobs that will help you get through some of the tears.

I'm doing okay. My biggest problem is that I have no energy at all. I'm going to see surgeon today. Maybe she'll have suggestions for that.

Take care and keep us posted.

Sue

Josie and Sue,

It's funny how we all had similar surgeries within days of each other but we all are doing so differently. My energy level and emotions are both great, but I am struggling physically, which really surprises me as I was in really good physical shape going into this- working out with a trainer 3 times a week, and just getting certified as a spin instructor. I guess I underestimated how much this would knock me off my feet. I was just able to sleep in my bed (the whole night) last night, and have only been able to walk around the block a few times. I also still have one drain left in. I am almost able to walk upright, but not quite all the way yet. I remember reading Juli's post awhile back saying that these surgeries weren't for wussies, and really believing it, just not thinking it would really happen to me. I know that this will all be worth it in the long run, but for now it sure does suck!

So hang in there girls, we are all going to make it through this, and we will be FABULOUS!

Tracy

Hey J -- hope ur feeling better today. I saw this (it's called The Flasher) and thought of you. :cursing: JUST KIDDING!! I hope it makes you smile.

Flasher.jpg

you guys are sooooo great!

southern missy. i love the flasher. in fact i am still flashing my boobies. my niece was so embarrassed today when i flashed. i forgot about the openings in the compression garments....oh well. i used to be a modest irish girl before this.

sue..i love it..the teary feary. re: energy....did your surgeon have any ideas? i have been drinking my Protein bullets but to be honest when i had lapband surgery and didnt have energy...i just had to rest and rest some more. maybe try to enjoy it...it is so rare we can pamper ourselves.

tracymom. you are so right. it is funny how we are each having a different experience. probably good so we can pull from each other's strengths. when i had the lap band...physically i was wiped out for 2 weeks. so i thought i would have a similar experience in this surgery.

i felt better today. only 2 teary moments as opposed to 24 hours yesterday.

i am heading to austin on friday for my nephew's graduation...then to baytown, Tx for my boyfriend's family's crawfish boil and gizzard fry. i know this sounds like alot but we have a guest house we stay in and i can rest the whole time if i want.

anyway i will keep in touch.....hope everyone continues to feel better each moment!

josie...

Josiebies- Just checking in to see how you are doing. Sorry to hear that you have had the blues. Hopefully it will pass soon. I kind of felt down and out when I was confined to my recliner in the early days. As soon as I was able to get out and get some exercise, I felt better. It sounds like your results are going to be good. Keep your chin up!

hi everyone,

feeling so much better. in fact last thursday night i had such a bad headache. i ended up taking vicodin. after that night...the depression lifted.

i had the stitches removed yesterday (ouch) actually wasnt as bad as i anticipated.

i'm liking what i see so far. i'm glad i did it all at once since i'm not sure i would do a second operation.

i'm having a small problem with nausea. i gained 10 lbs at the operation. i've lost that plus 4 lbs.

the doctor said i can do all exercising except abs/chest. mainly cardio, arms and legs can be done.

i'm tired today so i know i'm not out of the woods yet....

i have some good news....i got engaged monday night. a total surprise. my feet havent hit the ground.

i was teasing my plastic surgeon and told him he was responsible for my engagement. altho' Sam (my fiancee) told me he was happy the way i was.....but do whatever i want to make me happy.

mrgrta: thank you so much for your email and concern....i'm so glad the depression lifted altho' i know i'm not out of the woods. i think i was just so surprised it came so early in the process.

take care all

joanne

Joanne:

Engaged! Wow! Congratulations!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I saw plastic surgeon's nurse today. She took out the belly button stitches, but it's still not looking like a belly button yet. Maybe next week. She said I could switch to a panty girdle type thing as long as it comes up to the bottom of my bra. She said I could go without compression garment in bed, but she said I may prefer to keep it on - either way okay with her. She said I'm healing great, and I agree. Other than a strange groin pain that keeps me from sleeping on my favorite sleeping side, things are great.

Got a small fill today. Hope to get my band on track. I gained 6 pounds. So, that's really 10 pounds because she took off 4 pounds. I'm going to have to buckle down. I know I've been eating things I shouldn't while I had my band wide open. Kind of a mini band vacation - I even had some bread!

Get some rest and continue to recuperate!

Take care.

Sue

Congratulations on the engagement!! That is so exciting. Between the engagement and a hot new bod, you must be on cloud 9.

hi sue,

glad you are healing well too. re: groin pain...i'm getting weird "twitch" kind of pains in my belly and different places. my boobs are also burning a little and the doctor said that's good. means the nerves are working again. (easy for him to say that ha!)

re: your band....so you had yours unfilled? i kind of wished i did too. neither my band doctor nor the PS said i had to do it. i'm not having an easy time eating between slight nausea and the band has tightened a bit. the upside is the weight loss but the downside is i'm getting tired of not being able to eat consistently.

oh well as you say all for the sake of beauty!!!

mrgrta: yes i have to say being engaged changes things. it's so funny how men and women are so different on this subject. my fiance' said nothing has changed since our 3rd date. he knew we would get married. me on the other hand....i wanted the ring. some of my girlfriends have said they felt the same way. i think he is just happy i'm so happy.

BTW.....how are you feeling????

josie

I am feeling amazing. I went back to work this past weekend. Each day I try to push myself a little harder on the exercise without overdoing it. I still can't believe that big old belly is gone. I have almost forgotten what I looked like before the surgery. This has been a big self confidence booster! Thanks for asking.