Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes YUK!!

I'm having the hardest time with the Protein supplements. I've tried two different kinds, both with Water & milk. They were just awful. I'm waiting for a package with more samples from Vitalady. I pray that one of them works for me. I love Slimfast & Carnation Instant Breakfast. But those don't have nearly as much Protein.

I don't want to harm my body by not having enough Protein. But I also do not want to vomit, which I came very close to doing when trying to force myself to drink those. I kept giving myself pep talks and focusing on the big picture. But I was so disappointed that I had to force myself to drink anything. I didn't expect to have such a hard time with that.

I'm having the hardest time with the Protein supplements. I've tried two different kinds, both with Water & milk. They were just awful. I'm waiting for a package with more samples from Vitalady. I pray that one of them works for me. I love Slimfast & Carnation Instant Breakfast. But those don't have nearly as much Protein.

I don't want to harm my body by not having enough Protein. But I also do not want to vomit, which I came very close to doing when trying to force myself to drink those. I kept giving myself pep talks and focusing on the big picture. But I was so disappointed that I had to force myself to drink anything. I didn't expect to have such a hard time with that.

I hear you about the taste of Protein shakes. The only one I can stomach is the nectar Brand chocolate truffle. Mixed with skim milk it will give you 33 gms of protien in 8 oz. I got the suggestion from Jen to try the nectar chocolate truffle and if it weren't for her I would be in big trouble with getting the protein in. I actually like the taste of it and look forward to drinking it. Tastes like a chocolate caramel shake. Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

the GNC whey Protein banana cream is really yummy. I throw a scoop in with 8 oz skim milk and to me it tastes like a banana milkshake.. mmmmm

the GNC whey Protein banana cream is really yummy. I throw a scoop in with 8 oz skim milk and to me it tastes like a banana milkshake.. mmmmm

I LOVE that stuff. I mix it with Water, a scoop of Fiber, and ice in a magic bullet and it's delicious. I've only tried the banana, but I plan on trying the strawberry next. Also, GNC has a very generous return policy. If you don't like the Protein powder, they'll take it back and give you a full refund.

I LOVE that stuff. I mix it with Water, a scoop of Fiber, and ice in a magic bullet and it's delicious. I've only tried the banana, but I plan on trying the strawberry next. Also, GNC has a very generous return policy. If you don't like the Protein powder, they'll take it back and give you a full refund.

I agree laptastic!! The chocolate is pretty good although I add a squirt of chocolate Syrup to it.. yummy!!

I know your pain, I have an awful time gagging down Protein. =( I ordered several samples from vitalady per the advice on these boards (as well as some D'vinci) and I'm hoping when they get here I'll have some relief. lol

I think I'll stop at GNC tomorrow at lunch and grab some of the whey Protein.< /p>

I had been using Body Fortress got it at Walmart for around 13 bucks. I had been mixing it with skim milk and frozen fruit, Peanut Butter, yogurt someone on this sight mentioned adding a spoon or two of SF/FF pudding mix I had started doing that and really like it. I have also always mixed mine in a blender recently I bought a Magic Bullet as recommended by someone on this site the samller conteiners help m limit how much I make. The bullet also comes with several containers so you odn't have to wash up the blender every time you use it rinse the container an put in dishwasher wash off blades then next time use one of the other containers.

I have been using (dont rememebr the specific brand) 100% whey Protein chocolate powder I got from Sam's club and I swear it tastes like carnation instant breakfast. 23 grams of protein in just the powder... added with skim milk it bumps it to almost 30 per serving so not too shabby. I am about over the Atkins premixed vanilla drinks--they are just TOO sweet. These are still pretty good though....

I have been using (dont rememebr the specific brand) 100% whey Protein chocolate powder I got from Sam's club and I swear it tastes like carnation instant breakfast. 23 grams of Protein in just the powder... added with skim milk it bumps it to almost 30 per serving so not too shabby. I am about over the Atkins premixed vanilla drinks--they are just TOO sweet. These are still pretty good though....

I bought some premixed ones to try and they are not very good one was Myoplex Light and I was suprised becasue I used the mix before that and it wasn't to bad. I used to take my envelope of mix to the local coffee shop and the girl there would make a smoothie for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had a hard time finding "the one".

Peggy- I ordered the chocolate Truffle samples per Jen's advice too :smile: I hope I like them as much as you do.

JT- where did you purchase your Magic Bullet? Around how much was it?

Finally got in. I got it at Kohl's it was on sale I think I got it for about $50.00. Walmart has them for aourn $59 but I tink it will be worth the investment particularly during these early days.

OH!!! and the pudding mix is the instant kind....I keep forgeting to put that part

Edited by JayTee562
added

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had a hard time finding "the one".

Peggy- I ordered the chocolate Truffle samples per Jen's advice too :smile: I hope I like them as much as you do.

Heather, How are you!? Hope all is well. For a change I got some cherry extract flavoring at the grocery store and put some of that in the chocolate truffle and it is really good. Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry. I am sure you will be happy with it. I can't drink any of the other ones without gagging.

I tried Body Fortress in a shaker container and found it to be very gritty. I will try it in a blender to see if it helps the grit. It tastes pretty good. I ordered some samples of the Unjury that is advertised on this site. It is very yummy and not gritty. They also have unflavored,and a chicken Soup. I also tried choc. strawberry and vanilla. They were all to my taste. Slimfast, Adkins,and Boost low sugar are delicious, but I can not tolerate them as they cause me to have diarrhea. Thanks to all who have given valuable info regarding these Protein Drinks. It saves me lots of money not buying and trying any that are uck.

Edited by bmooney364