Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pray For Storm Victims

I was a bit disheartened at the reaction to the looting going on. These poor people had nowhere to go, no way to get there, and while I'm sure some could have left and didn't, most simply couldn't. So the NO "bowl" is filling with Water and the police are worried about looters.

Okay, I know stealing is wrong, and I'm sure some were getting TV and electronics that they were hoping to be able to sell for profit. But think about it. Their homes are destroyed, they don't know where they are going, how they will get there, and no way of staying in touch with others. How 'bout a dadgum TV! It will all be ruined in the flooding anyway! The police were forcing the looters to drop the clothing and other items to the ground where they stayed, I guess. What a waste! If all you have are the clothes on your back and there is a store full of clothing and shoes that is filling with water...very very dirty water...I would personally consider it a donation, ya know?

It was so sad, watching people exist in such desperation. Looting isn't right, but under the circumstances, well, it's hard not to justify it.

I, too, saw the interview of the man who lost his wife holding her hand...she slipped away and he hasn't seen her since. The reporter lost it. I do too, just thinking of it.

I'm sending a donation to the Red Cross. Anyone else?

I Don't Believe In Stealing, But When You Are In A Desperate Situation, You Never Know What You Might Have To Do. Not So Much For Myself, But If My Kids Really Needed Something I Would Probably Do It. If It Will Be Destroyed Anyway, Why Not Use It? It's Like A War, You Are Desperate And You Do What You Have To Do To Survive.

I spoke to my cousin last night again. He is safe. His wife being a nurse has not been allowed to leave the hospital. He told me that he was outside and saw 3 guys breaking into a Shell station and the owner opened fire on them with a shotgun! He saw the driver get shot. He says that violence is getting worse and that he will be sleeping, in the dark with a butcher knife in case he has to defend his belonging. How sad?

He also told me that there is a Pawn shop across the road from him, he saw people breaking into it stealing things and then set it on fire. His Favorite guitar was in that shop. It was worth $1300 but he only borrowed $40 on it so that he could get it out easily. Now it is gone, because of looters. I can understand looting for survival, but looting for greed..unacceptable!

It really bothers me, because my cousin has so little and he tries to live his life the right way just for his few prized possessions to be stolen from him... ugh! it makes me sick.

I hope the people who got out stay safe and can rebuild, but the ones out shooting and stealing and killing should drown!

With all the devistation that we are seeing on TV of the Wrath of Katrina, I sincerly hope to see people stepping up to the plate like they did for September 11, and for the Tsunami victims. I would be highly disapointed to hear other countries saying once again that we are the richest nation in the world and don't need any help. I say if other countries are not willing to help us in our time of need then they best learn to keep thier hand at their side and not have it held out to us the next time something awful happens to them. Carma can be a bitch!!!

I would like to see major fund raising being done for the entire area..not just New Orleans. If we can extend our hearts and minds and pocketbooks to people of other countries, I can only imagine what Americans can do for thier own! God bless the people who have been affected by this disaster and those who are helping them!!!

I can understand looting for survival, but looting for greed..unacceptable!

I hope the people who got out stay safe and can rebuild, but the ones out shooting and stealing and killing should drown!

Amen!!! Ahh, such a terrible situation. I'm so sorry for your cousin.

I cannot believe what is going on with Looting for the Hell of it. I mean really what are you going to do with a Television??? The Big stores that are not under Water should just open their doors so that those people can get the items they need clothes, diapers, formula etc. Especially the ones with children. I hope they can get the help they need and quick, it is so sad to see this kind a devestation right in our back yard.

My heart breaks for all the victims. I feel so helpless not being able to be there and help. I called the Red Cross Tuesday to see if there were people leaving from our area to help. They're suppose to get back with me. I also feel guilty, watching from the comfort of my home, a/c blowing, food, electricity. Even when I picked up my toothbrush this am, I thought, I'm so blessed. After watching tv all this evening, with all the emotional stories, I feel sooo sorry for them. I can't imagine their desperation, sleeping on the side of interstate, in the heat with their hungry thirsty children. I hope and pray they get help soon.

GAS SHORTAGE!

Not sure if this is affecting any of you yet, but here in LC we already have a gas shortage.

Yesterday Regular and Super were empty at several stations I passed - only Premium had fuel. This morning, even the Premium is gone.

Come on governement.... WE NEED FUEL!!!!!

I think Im gonna trade my van in on a go-cart, hook a wagon up in the back for the kids to ride in. Kids 'll have loads of fun. Hey, its a cheap gas ride! What about that motorcycle with the side seat like Batman and Robin used? That would even be street legal. My kids would think they were on an amusement park ride.

Black gold. I have tons of respect for it at this point, honestly.