Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello this is all new to me, can anyone please tell me how long after they had there band put on did they start eating solid food again.

I have had my band in for 8days now and i am starving my stomach is so angry with me that i feel ill.

The optiefast and liquid diet is driving me nuts.

I have no restristion of feel full feeling at all.

has anyone got any sugestions for me.

:)

Unfortunately, you are basically in bandster hell. You really need to stick to the prescribed diet given to you by your doctor. You are in a healing phase to allow the sutures holding your band in place to heal properly. Eating solid food too soon can cause those sutures to break. Though you may not feel anything now, it could cause major problems later (band slippage, band removal). If you continue to be hungry, talk to your doctor to find out what you can add to help (protein drinks, yogurt). Please, don't eat solids before he allows. Good luck to you.

thank you for that bandster hell alrite. i was naughty to night with mashed spuds so tomorrow i will pull my head back into line and get back to the fluids.

Hope i havent done any damage then.

Just give your doctor a call. Tell him/her what you ate. They may say that thinned mashed potatoes are ok. Otherwise, I wouldn't eat anything that wasn't on their ok list, unless they (the doctor) said it was ok. Good luck.

At 10 days, my doctor advancs you to mushie foods, which includes runny mashed potatoes, so I'll venture that you didn't hurt anything with your potatoes. But call and tell the doc that you are starving and perhaps you can add some things like fat free yogurt, sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello at the very least.

I was put on mushy foods day 4 solids day 8. Pretty quick for me but I am still in bandster hell...STARVing..no restriction until next Friday.

2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushies so a month after my surgery I was finally able to eat solid foods.

I was able to add cottage cheese, oatmeal and scrambled eggs at week 3 and regular foods at week 4. But you need to check with your doctor....from what I have seen on here it seems each doctor has a different set of guidelines.

thank you all for your feed back, To be honest my surgen is very relaxed very hard to talk to hasnt really given me that much advise at all. All he said was read the paperwork that the dietian has sent you and i will see you in six weeks and off he went.:thumbup:

when you pay this sort of money for the surgery you would expect the surgen to want to be a good friend to you offering plenty of advise.

so as you all have said i will jus go back to the liquid for another week and mushie afta that for the two weeks.

cant wait till the ajusting starts and band really does come into action.