Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Support

I"m 2 weeks away from my lapban surgery, and I am getting abit nervous. someone come to me rescuse and ese these jitters. This is all new to me, know hardly nothing. Went blank when i was in the doctors office. Had no questions and now thats all I have.

I'm going in on Wed and I'm jittery too, although I've done lots of research, got all my questions answered and know this is what I need.

What kinds of questions do you have? I'm sure you'll get lots of answers and support here!

There is nothing that says you can't call the office and ask your questions. Just be sure to bring them written down.

I don't know that anyone can ease your jitters, since that is part of the normal process.

use the search function for specific questions. You will be amazed at what you find.

I quess my first question is this procedure very painful and how long does it usually takes a person to heal and go about daily routine. Molly having problems even getting around out here so you know I need all the help i can get:guess

Vinesqueen I"m having problems navagating out here :guess - never did this before so try to have patience if I don't reply back soon. Thank you for your info

The only pain I had post-surgery was gas pain. It was less than a week and I was back to normal. It will be over soon & you will be updating us on your progress! Smiles & hugs sent to you!

Ebonysilk,

I had pain only for the first few days, then just more tired than anything else. I would say it took me from start to finish maybe a month from the day of surgery to not even knowing I had a surgery done. The message boards are great for reading other peoples experiences. I would say you still have two weeks before your surgery, schedule another appt. with your surgeon and this time come preppared, write down all those questions you have and just go down the list with him. Dont worry, they are used to this. Your surgeon would rather have you be totally comfortable with what your about to go through, the less stress you feel, the better you will heal. It sounds like your worried of the unkown, so get yourself informed, you will be much happier for it. Good luck.

I think the worst pain is the gas and that is bearable. Chew up 2 gas x pills really well, walk in the hospital and when you get home. I did not even need the pain meds the doctor prescribed. I was told to get adult liquid tylenol and I only took that twice. The tylenol really knocked me out when I did take it and I weighed 4hundred something at the time. Everything will be fine. I'm sure you will have a wonderful hospital staff as I did it. Don't stress to much because this is what you have been waiting for. It will be the stepping stone to your future.

I have to agree - the gas pain in my left shoulder was much more painful than my stomach. My stomach just felt like I had done a bunch of situps - not really pain, but sore. I didn't even have any bruising. I guess it took about 2 weeks before I finally felt "normal" again.

I'm just getting started with the lapband process. i have the jitters too! However I've dont a lot of research and these lapbanders have help me out a lot. The best advise I have, it to know ask the Doctor all the questions you can. " No question is stupid" I wish you luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches