Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey and friends 2009 Chat April, May, June

Hey there Betty! Thanks for getting the thread started, but at this rate, we'll only need a month at a time! LOL! Sure has been quiet in here for quite a while. I think we must have had a mass exodus to facebook! What do you think?

I was telling Pat today, that my trip to Cozumel was fabulous!!! (and, yes, I do have a tan!) Only one negative to the trip....my own fault, though...we were just seated on the airplane for the trip home and I started having a most intense "episode".....what in the world made me think I could have bites of Cinnabon with DH? (insane!) So, anyway, we're stuck in the airplane fr 30 mins. after the scheduled departure and that cinnabon started workin' on me...percolating and swallowing until I felt like if I swallowed one more time, I'd run out of room..know the feeling? Well I push the "need assistance" button and the flight attendant serving beer & wine in first class comes over. I ask for a styrofoam cup and she said OK and left..only to forget about me and continue serving beer & wine in first class!!!! GRRRRrrrrrr! (by the way, I checked...there were no "bags" in the seat pockets). Then the next flight attendant is close to aproaching ith the beverage cart when I say "Could I please have a styrofoam cup, immediatley?" He says (in a snide tone) "are you alright?" and I quietly reply "no." He hands me the up and I pt it right to use in a most discreet way (tisue over top)...then he, in a very loud and pompus voice says "we need to know if you're getting sick!!!" OMG!!! I was SOOOoooOOO embarassed! I even whispered back to him that I was trying to be discreet and not draw attention from the other passengers, UGH**** Moral of the story: Never eat any problem foods, unless you have an easy out! and if you want to loose weight anyway....never eat a cinnabon!

Hope you're doing ok sweetie :)

Edited by signgirl
accidently sent message before finishing

Hey Diane, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Cozumel. I've only been once and would love to go back. Yes, I understand about the cup... I used my hand once when I was alone and driving and not thinking about my munching... GROSS!!

I can tell I haven't been on in awhile since the site format has changed some since my last sign on. I hope you, Pat and the girls are all doing well.

Take care,

Donna

Hi everyone!

Yes, you can all yell at me. It has been a very long time since I have been on here. I am so sorry about that. I do think of you all often. There has just been so much going on in my life. My husband had come home for 2 weeks for his R&R from Iraq in march, so that took precedent.

Than I had family in and out.

So.... doing well here, down almost 38 pounds. Had a fill in March and am so restricted still it is great, actually I am a little bit too tight, couldn't eat any solids for almost 2 weeks, but I trudged through it because I am finally losing weight again. Over the holidays into February I had gained a pound. I was so upset. Since March 16, I have lost almost 7 pounds. Woo hoo!

So how is everyone here???

Awww Diane, that is horrible. They didn't have to ask that way, they could have just given you the cup. You are lucky yours gives you time, mine is right away and there is no waiting.

I'm glad you had a great time on vacation. Next time take me along! : )

Hello girls!

Yikes, I've been away too long, but it doesn't look like I've been the only one MIA. I think Facebook has taken over, haha.

Michaele, congrats on the weight loss and getting back on track before gaining 8 lbs .... like me :crying:.

We finally found a new home in Florida, 10 minutes from Disney. It's in the Reunion Resort by Bobby Ginn, another reason to get on track!

Hope everyone is doing well, it looks like Spring is finally trying to make an entrance.

Betty, we have Bike Week, in Nags Head this weekend. It's supposed to be in the high 80's.

Hugs

Wow, where is everyone? Very quiet!!! So today it hit 88, tomorrow and monday will be 91. it just went from winter to summer, no spring! I had to put the a/c on it was so hot!

Michaele

What happened to everyone? I don't think I smell!!???

Finally a summer Down the Shore and I feel great about the new me in a swimsuit! Finally! Thank you NJ Bariatrics and bandsters !

Wow, it really has gotten quiet in here. I'm going to try to get back more and leave my non-bandster stuff to Facebook activity.

I have been doing awful!!! Need to get back on track BIG TIME!

Glad to see some of you still here. Anyone else ready to come back?

TESTING 1 2 3, Test, Test....Hmmm guess I am still a member here huh?

My bad.....how is everyone?

:frown:HI,

I'm just newly banded June 1st in Montclair, NJ. To be honest, I'm finding this harder than I thought it would be. So far I feel fine and this week I started eating solid foods, small amount and chewed to mush! Reading all these posts, I hear stories about getting sick and regaining weight, that scare me. Help!!:wink:

Hi Finally in Montclair.

Don't be scared. The journey of having a lapband does have its ups and downs, but the most beneficial tool you can have besides the band itself is focus. If you lose your focus, that is when things happen. I was banded on September 7, 2008, and to today have lost 40 pounds, I have about 60 more to go. I see some other people who in the same amount of time as me have lost more and less. It is up to you, just remember, the band is a TOOL, not the magic pill.

Always have support with people who go through it also. I am available, you can always email me at NJSoldierwife@yahoo.com

As for everyone else, how are you??? Good here, going on vacation on Monday to Key West, can't wait!!

Hubby is back from iraq, whew.... So life can now return to normal.

5 weeks ago I broke my ankle, so have been dealing with that and not able to exercise, bummer it has been.

Hey everyone!

Just stopping in to say hello!

How is everyone?

It's Friday finally!

We are having a crawfish boil Sunday! Yummy! Lots of friends and family to spend the day with. Guess I have my weekend planned with cleanning and preparing.

Off to work I go!

Have a great weekend!