Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

number of adjustments to find sweet spot

How many adjustments did it take to first find your sweet spot? Also, which band?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many adjustments did it take to first find your sweet spot? Also, which band?

• Lap Band: 0 adjustments
    • Lap Band: 1-2 adjustments
    • Lap Band: 3-4 adjustments
    • Lap Band: 5-6 adjustments
    • Lap Band: > 6 adjustments
    • Realize Band: 0 adjustments
    • Realize Band: 1-2 adjustments
    • Realize Band: 3-4 adjustments
    • Realize Band: 5-6 adjustments
    • Realize Band: >6 adjustments

How many adjustments did it take to first find your sweet spot? Also, which band you have?

I have the 10cc APS and it has been three fills so far to get me to 6 cc and am not yet at the sweet spot. I think I am close, though. Next week is 4th fill and I already know it won't be any more that 0.5ml. Maybe 6.5 is sweet for me, I hope so.

Mimi

I am at my third adjustment...i have a 14cc band and i have 7.5 cc...i feel perfect!! i feel fuller longer :thumbup: i havent gotten stuck yet

I dont agree with the idea of a "sweet spot". Every fill I had restarted weight loss again for a while so every one was a sweet spot to my way of thinking. I needed less restriction to lose weight at first than later on.

Striving for some spot where you "cant eat bread, can only eat 1/2 a cup at a time and lose 1-2 lb per week" like people say is a pretty silly idea. You get frustrated and forget to make the most of the journey along the way and you give your band way too much power when you should be taking the responsibility yourself.

And really, if you can lose weight less tight you're way better off.

First fill did not do much, second was a bit too tight, 3rd visit, for the 1cc unfill has left me just right for now. I have 5.4 cc in the 10cc band. No real hunger pangs, that is great. Have to watch how fast I eat, or else:eek:

What i would like to know is how much does your doctor charge or bill your insurance for each fill, unfill?? If there is a thread for that direct me there please, curious. I have seen a EOB of 450.00 dated the same date I went for my first fill??? I couldnt believe it!! not even 10 minutes with the doctor...and 450.00 charge!! :thumbup:

I dont agree with the idea of a "sweet spot". Every fill I had restarted weight loss again for a while so every one was a sweet spot to my way of thinking. I needed less restriction to lose weight at first than later on.

Striving for some spot where you "cant eat bread, can only eat 1/2 a cup at a time and lose 1-2 lb per week" like people say is a pretty silly idea. You get frustrated and forget to make the most of the journey along the way and you give your band way too much power when you should be taking the responsibility yourself.

And really, if you can lose weight less tight you're way better off.

So then how should one feel? I go for another fill on Tuesday. Right now I can eat way over 1 cup of food per meal. I don't each much if at all bread, rice, Pasta or tortilla's because I do get that stuck feeling. The only Protein I've struggled with is chicken breast because it may just be to dry? Outside of that I can eat plentiful as long as I take small bites and chew well.

And I must admit that I'm an emotional eater. So I think that really throws a wrench in my WL efforts. But I don't want that to keep me down. I'm taking baby steps to get the weight off. I just want to do it the best way possible.

HELP! :thumbup:

i needed 8 fills in my 10cc APS band before i stopped thinking about food. i view restriction as being satisfied w/less than before for longer periods of time. never gauged my restriction on food types rather quantity.

So then how should one feel? I go for another fill on Tuesday. Right now I can eat way over 1 cup of food per meal. I don't each much if at all bread, rice, Pasta or tortilla's because I do get that stuck feeling. The only Protein I've struggled with is chicken breast because it may just be to dry? Outside of that I can eat plentiful as long as I take small bites and chew well.

And I must admit that I'm an emotional eater. So I think that really throws a wrench in my WL efforts. But I don't want that to keep me down. I'm taking baby steps to get the weight off. I just want to do it the best way possible.

HELP! :thumbup:

What I really mean by that is that if you can eat Pasta and bread and over a cup at a time, BUT you are losing weight well, there's no reason to adjust your band. You may NEVER need to be restricted to half cup servings and no bread to get to your goal weight - I certainly ate more like a cup all the way thorugh and bread, rice and pasta remained a regular part of my diet.

Only go near that sort of restriction if and when you need to.

However, if you're hungry, and not losing weight satisfactorily, then its time for a fill.

But different people lose on different calorie restrictions and therefore I think its senseless to define a sweet spot the way its been defined here many many times - can only eat 1/2 cup, cant eat bread, goes 3 to 4 hours without hunger. Such restriction also brings increased difficulties in living with the band - less variety in your diet, more stuck and pb episodes, possibly greater risk of problems such as slippage and erosion.

What I perhaps should have said is sweet spots are different for everyone and you will probably have many of them on the way through. Its not necessarily a destination.

I'm at 5cc in a 10 cc band now. I can eat whatever I want. I try not to. but....sometimes I do. I am going in for a fill today, so hopefully I will get some restriction again.

i didnt get "perfect" restriction until my 6th fill....and thats when i really stated losing the weight!! I am at 7.5 cc's in a 10 cc band.

My first 5 months post op...i only lost 32 lbs. And since my 6th fill...i have lost another 20lbs. Ive lost the 20 lbs just since January!

Hang in there....once you get that right fill the weight will start dropping!! I was very fraustrated.....patience is the key!

Good luck to you all!:smile2:

i didnt get "perfect" restriction until my 6th fill....and thats when i really stated losing the weight!! I am at 7.5 cc's in a 10 cc band.

My first 5 months post op...i only lost 32 lbs. And since my 6th fill...i have lost another 20lbs. Ive lost the 20 lbs just since January!

Hang in there....once you get that right fill the weight will start dropping!! I was very fraustrated.....patience is the key!

Good luck to you all!:smile2:

I am wondering if you added exercise or have you always been working out?? I seem to drop 3-5 lbs after the fill, then I stall, nothing till the next doc. visit. Did you do anything different after the last fill??? Thanks your your input, Patti:smile2:

once i got the good restriction...i DID up my workouts....i go to the gym 4 - 5 times a week....take a Water aerobics class, and do a Spinning class once in a while....when i am on the treadmill....i do it for an hour.....run for a mile...then fast walk the rest of the time.....

I went for a fill today - I think I am around 5 cc's in a 10 cc Realize band. I honestly think I felt more restriction this morning drinking my Protein Shake than I did after they added .50 in and I went to lunch and could eat some yogurt and tea. So, every time I think the next fill is going to be the one it almost seems like I go backwards. I have stalled on my weight loss for last 6 weeks even though I am not eating much or anything bad and I exercise 3-5 times a week. I have definitely not found the sweet spot everyone talks about - I am tighter in the morning - a little looser at lunch and could almost eat whatever I want for dinner except I don't let myself. Thanks for listening.