Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters, anyone?

It's been a week now and I'm feeling great. The excess CO2 all seems to finally be gone, I'm down another 10 lbs and actually went for a walk this morning. The Protein shakes seem to be doing the trick and I went to a restaurant yesterday and had them strain some Soup for me and fill my thermos - it beat the heck out of chicken broth from a box.

How is everyone else doing? Keep us posted on the pros and cons!:)

Steve

Happy my surgey date in 4-29-2009 starting weight 220 only want to lose 70 to 60 lbs this pre diet is the pits

Hello, I am scheduled for surgery on April 29th too! This liquid diet really does suck. I am trying my best with it. Good luck to you!

It's been a week now and I'm feeling great. The excess CO2 all seems to finally be gone, I'm down another 10 lbs and actually went for a walk this morning. The Protein shakes seem to be doing the trick and I went to a restaurant yesterday and had them strain some Soup for me and fill my thermos - it beat the heck out of chicken broth from a box.

How is everyone else doing? Keep us posted on the pros and cons!:)

Steve

I am finally past all the liquidy crap. Tomorrow I can start on soft proteins(finely chopped meat, eggs, cheeses etc.). I have been walking every day and I want to start lifting weights and running and doing more so I am waiting on that. It should be after next Thursday.

My hunger has slowly been coming back. I have lost 37 total so far, but it did slow down this week. I am not too concerned since the band isn't even filled yet. I know what the first 4 weeks are for so no biggie.

Hi Guys,

I got word of my approval on Monday (04/06), I met with my surgeon on Tuesday (04/07), and I'm scheduled for surgery on Tuesday (04/28).

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Jim

Best of Luck Jimbo! Hope your surgery goes well and you bounce back quick!

So how are the rest of the April Bucks doing? I've switched to the "mushies" phase and where I miss the texture of a steak, ground chili or chicken salad taste pretty damn good at this point. It's also nice to have something besides Soup, Protein drinks and SF Jello. My wife bought a blender called the Magic Bullet that makes individual portion sized meals right in the cup and it seems to work pretty well.

I also started walking a little so I got an MP3 player and have loaded it with audio books so I can be entertained while tooling around the neighborhood. Starting at over 500 lbs I'm taking it easy at first but I'm really looking forward to the hip and back pain going away!

Cheers!

Steve

Hey Steve,

I bought my magic bullet the day I got home from the hospital and have used it continuously since. It really is worth its weight in gold. i've noticed my appetite returning to. I've got one more week of mushies and then onto soft foods. Mushies it okay for me because I just magic bullet what everyone else is eating. It tastes the same. My weight loss has stopped since getting off liquids and that's kind of disconcerting, but I've read enough to know right now is about healing not weight loss. le sigh. Go April Bucks!

I was banded on April 26th. The surgery went great, except I couldn't pee afterwards. They said this is normal for some men. Had to have a catheder. The catheder was removed yesterday:thumbup:. It's true I haven't been hungry at all. I'm down 9 pounds. I go in for my check up tomorrow. Actually I am noticing a little hunger this morning. Gonna have a Protein Shake and hopefully that will curb the hunger pangs I'm no feeling. Good luck to everyone!!

Banded on April 14th and feeling fine =)

Think it was one of the best choices I've made in my life.

Craig

Looks like you're off to a great start Craig. Have you been exercising or walking? I've actually slowed the weight loss a bit, but I guess that is to be expected until I get my first fill.

Looks like you're off to a great start Craig. Have you been exercising or walking? I've actually slowed the weight loss a bit, but I guess that is to be expected until I get my first fill.

HI there SteveF - Yes it is going so far pretty well for me. I have been exercising but not as much as I should. Currently only a few times a week but my energy is so much higher than it was even a month ago. As of right now I am only able to walk. A month ago I wouldn't have believed that I would feel this good.

I think you are right the weight will slow down for us until we get our first fill. I am due to get mine on the 15th. I am looking forward to it :smile:

What exercising are you currently doing? How are you feeling? It looks like we were banded just a few days apart =)

Craig

Just walking a bit right now - and I'm thrilled. A month ago if I went to the store I'd be stopping to catch my breath and break out sweating. I started at over 500 lbs so I suppose that could be expected, but you are right - even after a month or so I feel a lot better.

I am going in May 8th. I weigh about 272 want to go to 190. How tall are you? I am 5'9" I carry most of my weight in my gut can't wait to lose and get back to were I was in college. Good luck to you

I'm 6' 2" and carry most of this in my gut, but I'm big everywhere. I was 180lbs when I got out of college as I played basketball every day. I then started working in the oil field, eating too much and quit working out.....

I'd be more than happy to get to 250 lbs. I really just want to be more mobile and able to do all of things I haven't for the past couple of years.

:smile2:got banded April 6, my doc in Pensacola wanted me on 2 week Clear Liquids, 2 week full liquids and then 2 week soft foods. Today is 4 weeks and I stepped it up a bit and haven't had any problems with soft foods so far, even some "hard" foods like a hambuger patty. I just chew the heck out of everything. I lost 27 lbs the 1st 3 weeks but have hit a plateau the last (been eating more regular foods also) but haven't gained anything. I don't feel any restriction except sandwhich bread. My 1st fill is on the 20th of may hope to get more restriction.

You're right about the bread. I was told up front that bread would be a problem, but I figured that would be after the fill so I dipped some bread in a Soup I was having the other day and was miserable for a couple of hours. You have to love the instant feedback system as you can bet I won't make that mistake again!