Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge

How is everyone doing with the challenge? It's been tough for me to get motivated, but I went to the gym tonight, and I think that it is a much better and more motivational environment for me, so I'm going to cut back on walking at the local school track. At least at the gym I can climb on the treadmill or eliptical machine and read a magazine or catch up on some motivational books for work.

Is everyone getting their 30 minutes in each day???

Well done getting to the Gym Corinne!!

Hmmm - I haven't been doing great,but OK I think for someone only 4 weeks out (not quite that even). I have done every scrap of laundry in the house, sorted out a massive pile of paperwork and last night went to the gym with DH. I couldn't lift any weights cause it hurt my tummy, but we went on the treadmills for a little while until my tummy said stop (about 15mins). So am am sort of pleased with that. We will go back again on Sunday I think and I will try for 20mins this time :)

okay, here's my progess for the week. Walked atleast 30 minutes everyday except Wednesday. I had a PB from hell. Full on vomiting. Stupid toast..

Anyway, like I said, walked at least 30 minutes a day, carring a a heavy bookbag and yesterday I had my belly dancing class. It's going to be challenging, since with the exception of the other phat gurl, I think everyone else is a dance major. *sigh*

Great job Loulou & Vines!

Loulou - make sure you take it slow. I didn't realize that you are 4 weeks post op, but you are doing awesome, so - GOOD JOB!

Vines - Congrats on school starting again. Walking around campus with a full book bag is awesome exercise. In fact, I was at my smallest (200lbs) when I was in college.

Keep it up you guys, and thanks for checking in, it definately helps me to stay motivated knowing that I am not alone in this.

Hello everyone its been awhile since I visited the site. As you might not remember I've been banded on July 12, 2005 in Monterrey, Mexico with Dr Rumbaut. The first couple of weeks I've been depress and scared. At first I said What Have I done. I was in pain for quiet some time but I got stronger as the days went by. As far as exercising I have not done any excersise at all. I lost 27lbs the first 3 to 4 weeks which I was very happy. Right now I'm a little past my 6 week for a fill. So I'm planning on going back to Mexico to get my first fill. I know that I need to start exercise more but lately I've been sluggish due to my pottassium is low so the doctor has me taking 15ml of K+ daily to get my K+ up.

Ok everyone, sign me up!

Ill start tonight with treadmill for thirty minutes.

Already some minor walking today.

This will really help with all of your support.

Micki

Ok - I haven't exercised other than (laying in the pool on a raft) since surgery - 7/25/05. I guess I'm overdue....so I am up for it.

I have a treadmill DH bought for me also about 5 years ago - I know I can do that without hurting myself.

I will start tomorrow (I have to clear all the upcoming vacation wardrobe off of it - cause I am getting ready to go on a cruise with hubby for our 20th anniversary)

I'll get a work out just getting this stuff packed and situated tonight.

Debbydo, you can do as much as you want/can. If you want/need to commit to 5x a week, then honey, that's what you can do! Yay!

Okay, in my dance class yesterday I had to admit that I really am 43, and not 23 anymore. Ddidn't say it out loud mind you, but I suppose I have to come to grips with that some time or another.

A 90 minute class designed for dance majors is NOT the same as a class given at a communtiy rec center. Not even close... :) And I can't even hide in the back of the class with the other fat gurl. No, I have to be up front, FRONT ROW NEXT TO THE GIGANTIC MIRRORS because I can't hear the instructor over the music!

Vine...you are an inspiration to all. you stay up front and you keep your great smile on your face and you show your class of skinny 20 somethings that you can do and you will do it with grace and style!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

I went and saw a personal trainer today. I am 35 days post op today and have been very very lack luster on my exercise. I need to bump it up! She told me aobut preparing my meals ahead of time and measureing everything out and when it is done get up clean up and walk away. makes sense and sounds easy. I just hope it will be when it comes time to actually push myself away from the table. I made my oatmeal for Breakfast and meausred my serving sizes into small plastic containers with my splenda and my cinnamon seasoning. they are ready to go! I even made a few things of SF Jello to assist myself in being prepared for the up comming week. My next goal is to figure out my lunches and pre measure everything so that I will be ready to roll when the times comes for me to get out the door in the morning.

back to my point about my personal trainer she told me that to lose weight i need to exercise for a MINIMUM of 30 min 5 days a week. any less than that and i am setting myself up for future failure with my lapband. (by the way my personal trainer is also the woman who approves or denies approvals for the lap band for our local veteran's hospital) She has been with it for 5 years and said there are two characteristics of people who make thier goal and keep the weight off...1 they exercise on a regular basis and keep it a part of thier everyday life after they met thier goal. 2) those who avoid alcohol. the drinking is some how tied to gaining the weight back after goal is met. She was a plethera of knowledge for me and i tried like hell to absorb everything she said like a sponge.

today my exercise will be going swimming... (not flaoting around like i normally do) but swimming for 30 minutes.

best of luck to you all in your continued sucesses !!

So I post this challenge then what do I do -nothing! Well, I am back in the band groove. Here's my exercise update:

Saturday: walked/jogged 3 miles, did some upper body strength training and ab work

Monday: walked/jogged 3 miles, lower body toning and ab work

**** I actually jogged one full lap (1/4 mile) non stop!!!!!**** I did it! I did it! Usually I walk 2-3 laps, jog 1/2 lap and so on. My husband accompanied me to the track tonight, and I told him that one of my goals was to jog one complete lap non stop. I'm not physically exausted at 1/2 a lap, but something in my mind just says "stop before you are exausted". I asked him if he would jog along with me and we'll see if the two of us can make a lap. We did it. Oh, and I beat him to the finish line!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon and we'll do it again. Hope it doesn't rain, this is Seattle after all.

I've been doing pretty good with my exercise. Here;s my update for the past few days:

Friday: Walked 1 1/2 miles at track.

Saturday: toom tons of stairs at work, mowed lawn at home

Sunday: JOGGED!!! (1/4 mile non stop), then walked 2 miles with another 1/4 miled of jogging (two half laps around the track). Total walking/jogging about 2 1/2 miles including the walk to and from the track.