Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge

Anyone up for an exercise challenge? I've been battling a cold this past week, and have totally gotten out of my exercise routine, not to mention eating ALOT of comfort food. I propose a challenge to exercise 30 minutes each and every day. Each day we will post how much and what type of exercise we did, this means anything that raises your heartrate: housework, walking, gardening, riding a bike, swimming, whatever. Perhaps we can start a new post each Monday, then edit it with the stats as the week progresses. Who's with me?

Fabulous.I was so worried that no one would respond. I was just telling my husband that I really need support. I've had a rough week with food and exercise, and I just can't seem to get motivated.

Count me in, I started riding my stationary bike again on August 9th and I just started back at the gym yesterday...I am going ot the gym tonight so I will post my exercise when I get home

Okay, I've just regeistered for my PE class, this time I'm taking a dance class... belly dancing. :rolleyes: Won't they be surprized?

Hey, will laughing my butt off count as excersize?

Oh I am so in... I need the encourgment!!!!! I just bought some Walk Away the Pounds videos and I want to get started on them... (my poor neighbors downstairs) So Please count me in... I will start start tomorrow!!!!!!! I want to say bye bye to the 300's... (5lbs to go)

I'm in too!! I have a beautiful treadmill that DH bought for me and I have used it maybe 3 times in 2yrs. I will use it tomorrow!

Dear Corinne,

I need the encouragement and support too, so count me in. It is so easy to NOT exercise. I am taking your challenge starting today.

ladyfox

Okay everyone, here is my exercise update. I feel like I really accomplished something today, both in getting stuff done around the house, and also doing the exercise that I had planned and making wise food choices. All around it was just a good day.

Monday:

* mowed the lawn

* walked 3 miles at the track (1/2 mile was jogging)

* did about 2hrs house work- Monday's are my weekly cleaning day, you know-mopping floors, cleaning the bathroom, etc.

Tuesday:

* 30 minutes walking

Wednesday:

* Nothing :rolleyes:

Thursday:

* 1 hr on treadmill - 3.5 miles

wow great job Corinne I wish I had that kind of energy yesterday... Ugh I didnt do anything, 1st day and i sat and watched movies all day... what a bum I am and no wonder im not losing anymore weight. Maybe it will be better today

Here is my update.:)

Monday - Walked 30 minutes at a moderate speed

Tuesday - Walked 30 minutes and pulled weeds for about 15 minutes.

Wednesday - Walked 30 minutes

Thursday - Nothingicon8.gif

Friday - Walked 30 minutes

You did great Corinne.

Vinesqueen - I would love to take a belly dancing class. That's great.

TrishS - jUst try walking in place for 10 minutes while you watch that movie. That's what I did.

Ok Corrine...I accept the challenge...Started today 8/23...50 minutes on treadmill @3.5 mi/hr.....I will (try) walk for 30 min a day and more on my days off...Sometimes I need someone to report to...so this is great........THANKS!!!!!...Cindy