Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ken Hollis in Houston, TX

I've been approved!!!!! I called Cigna and they told me that I was approved as of today. :rolleyes: I will start my pre-op diet tomorrow and will meet with Dr. Hollis on 7/17 and the surgery is set for 7/29. :sad:

Hi and congratulations!!! I am very excited for you. You be sure and tell Dr. Hollis that Becky from Albuquerque says hello and that I think he is the greatest. I have also had a lot of help and support from Betrice White, who works at True Results. Don't know if you've met her - if not, make sure you do. She is wonderful!! Good luck to you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help you out in your journey. Take care. Becky

Congrats!! She is 100% correct about Betrice!! She will be there when you most need her and help you make it through all the difficult times. Hope to meet you at the support group meetings that she holds!!

PS make sure you buy you some chewable Gas X for after the surgery!! It will be a heaven sent!!!

Thank you Becky and Hotajack!!! I'm so excited!!!! I will make sure I tell Dr. Hollis you said Hi Becky. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Beatrice yet. The only ones I've come in contact with so far is Cindy, Connie and Kristen.

Thanks for the Gas X advice. I bought the strips after my 5th WLV...LOL :thumbup:

Thank you so much for the cheers....I will keep you guess posted and of course have some questions for you Becky concerning the post op portion of the surgery.

Take Care

Hello everyone,

I have had my first consultation with True Results and my status is "pending insurance approval." I have had nothing but good experiences with True Results so far and hope it continues. I met Beatrice this past weekend when I attended the seminar; I also met Toni when I had my initial consultation and she was great too.

I previously started out at Journeylite but they did not follow up with me or ever schedule a consultation with me after the seminar as they stated. I didn't hear anything for over a month and when I finally did call they told me I would just have to follow the 6 month plan...all this with out a consultation.

That is when I ended up at True Results!! I am excited for myself and everyone who has or will have the surgery as well. Good luck everyone.

Hi am. Congratulations - on your upcoming surgery and on finding True Results. I'm sure you are very excited - I'm excited for you!! My one year anniversary will be in September, I've lost 80 pounds, and I feel GREAT!!!!! I've got more to lose, but I KNOW I will do it - and you will too!! Good luck to you - I hope things go quickly and smoothly for you and that you will be joining the banded soon!! Keep in touch. Take care. Becky

Hi Everyone,

I'm officially apart of the Band Family. The surgery went smooth and I did not have a Hiatal Hernia....Thank God!!!

Dr. Hollis was excited to hear that I lost 20lbs on the pre op diet. He took a picture of what my stomach looked like before and after the band, so every once and awhile I just look at the photo...Can't believe that I have been banded.

I'm not having any problems with my incisions, just the soreness of the gas. I've been walking, taking the GasX and using the heating pad. I feel way better today than I have felt for the past 4 days. I'm scheduled to go into work tomorrow, but I think I will take off to give myself another day to recup :biggrin:

Another issue I have is that I have not been able to have a BM since the day of surgery. I took some Milk of Magnesia on Saturday and still have not gone.

Any suggestions?????

Lovely

Hi lovely and congratulations!!!! Sounds like you are doing well. I'm glad that things went so smoothly for you. I had a LOT of problems with Constipation for a long time after my surgery. I tried many things and nothing seemed to help. I still have to take MOM every now and then. It will get better. Remember that you are not eating much. Hope the gas pains go away and that you feel great soon. Please keep in touch. True Results makes the whole thing not so bad... don't ya think? Again... congratulations and take care. Becky

I am so excited, I have scheduled my appointment for Sept 14. They wanted to do it on Aug 24 but since someone else will be out on vacation in my office, I couldn't do it. :) But Sept works for me too. I can't wait, I officially start my pre-op diet on Aug 26, but think I may start that even earlier to increase pre-op weight loss....Yippee!! I am so excited.Congrats to everyone, and I can't wait to join the club!! :ohmy:

I am so glad to find you all. Dr. Hollis is also my surgeon. Yesterday I had my 3rd visit and blood work. My Psychiatric

appt is March 18. EKG will be on my last visit March 26. I wonder how long will it take to get approval from Aetna after the last visit. Please keep it touch. Good luck to all. :wink:

I'm glad to see this feed back. Im scheduled for surgery on next week thursday with Dr. Holls. ..I'm bumbed because I just found out today that I have to come up with a lot of extra money incase I have to have hernia repair done....

I was banded by Dr. Hollis on 7/22/10. I did have hital hernia but I didn't have to pay any extra at least not that I know of yet. I have United Healthcare. I did use True Results and they were great but when it came down to having the surgery his office in Webster was awful. I was told the worng stuff about alot of things and they were many problems. I was suppose to have the surgery on May 10th but they gave me so much crap I said nevermind about the WLS. After a month or so I had decided to go ahead with it again and everything went great this time. Dr. Hollis was very nice and had wonderful bedside manner. I saw at my 4 week post op appt and was only given a .5cc fill, that is the only thing I can say bad about him since I am so hungry still!! lol

Well I was banded May 13. I was at 240 and now weigh 203. I was beginning to feel alittle discourage because I have not lost weight in a few weeks. I went to the dr for a fill but when I told them that I was having sever shoulder pain when I eat they decieded I wait 2 more weeks for a fill. So I will go back on Sep 10. I am very happy with True Results. Everyone there is extemely nice and very helpful. It is nice to be able to talk to people that have gone with the same office and same dr. Keep in touch. :)