Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junies, 2008...how ya doin' 9 mo. Out?

Hey there June Bugs! I haven't been on here in so long, so a big hello to everyone. I've lost 75lbs since June and I'm about 10lbs away from goal. I just ordered my wedding gown on Saturday for my wedding in October! I just hope I don't lose too much that the dress will need major alterations! Oh, and it's a tight, mermaid style gown...absolutely gorgeous....and I never thought I'd wear this style, but I'm loving it!

As upbeat as I sound, I am having some other issues. I was wondering if anyone else is having self-image issues? I have good days and bad...ones where I look in the mirror and see my old fat self. And other days where I feel good. But the bad days are really bad, and I'm having a hard time dealing. Anyone else in the same boat?

hello everyone! wow..it's been soooo long! i am so happy to see how everyone is doing! i am doing good. i am down 55 lbs since my surgery june 5. the biggest size i had in my closet was a 22...today i am wearing a size 10-14, depending on the brand, i guess:) i really can relate to you, love2lose. if it weren't for people saying something everyday, i don't know how i'd feel??? obviously, i have lost weight...it shows in my clothes, the scale, and my measurements....but my eyes and my head tell me different. when i look down, i feel just as "fat" as i always did. alot of times i even tell myself people are just being nice by saying things. i even tell myself, they are going overboard with the comments sometimes. (i think...they would never be saying these things if they saw how i looked without clothes on) my scale still says 180, and that number sounds way too high to me (i am 5'7"). the goal i had in my head is 160, and that is even higher than what a chart would say. i can say i'm so happy that i'm only 20 lbs away from my goal weight...that sounds so crazy to me! i never would've thought i'd finally be there. it is very much a psychological thing, though. i feel like i can now understand how those skelton looking anorexics think they're fat.

my husband and i are going on a anniversary cruise in 2 weeks. this will be our 6th cruise...1st since the band. this is going to be very different. eating has always been a huge part of the cruising experience. there is so much food, like just about all the time. i won't physically be able to overeat anymore, so i'm not worried about that i am more worried that i'll get stuck and have to pb, and that can ruin the whole day of eating for me. that's not the end of the world, but it could be embarassing at dinner with a table of people i'll be meeting for the 1st time on this cruise. o...i forgot to mention...my husband was also banded in may 08. bless his heart, it hasn't come off for him as easy as it has for me, but he has enough restriction now that he gets stuck sometimes too. i think he'll be freaking out if he gets stuck at dinner. i could almost see us staying out of the dining room if that were to happen? anyone had any experiences to share?

hello everyone! wow..it's been soooo long! i am so happy to see how everyone is doing! i am doing good. i am down 55 lbs since my surgery june 5. the biggest size i had in my closet was a 22...today i am wearing a size 10-14, depending on the brand, i guess:) i really can relate to you, love2lose. if it weren't for people saying something everyday, i don't know how i'd feel??? obviously, i have lost weight...it shows in my clothes, the scale, and my measurements....but my eyes and my head tell me different. when i look down, i feel just as "fat" as i always did. alot of times i even tell myself people are just being nice by saying things. i even tell myself, they are going overboard with the comments sometimes. (i think...they would never be saying these things if they saw how i looked without clothes on) my scale still says 180, and that number sounds way too high to me (i am 5'7"). the goal i had in my head is 160, and that is even higher than what a chart would say. i can say i'm so happy that i'm only 20 lbs away from my goal weight...that sounds so crazy to me! i never would've thought i'd finally be there. it is very much a psychological thing, though. i feel like i can now understand how those skelton looking anorexics think they're fat.

my husband and i are going on a anniversary cruise in 2 weeks. this will be our 6th cruise...1st since the band. this is going to be very different. eating has always been a huge part of the cruising experience. there is so much food, like just about all the time. i won't physically be able to overeat anymore, so i'm not worried about that i am more worried that i'll get stuck and have to pb, and that can ruin the whole day of eating for me. that's not the end of the world, but it could be embarassing at dinner with a table of people i'll be meeting for the 1st time on this cruise. o...i forgot to mention...my husband was also banded in may 08. bless his heart, it hasn't come off for him as easy as it has for me, but he has enough restriction now that he gets stuck sometimes too. i think he'll be freaking out if he gets stuck at dinner. i could almost see us staying out of the dining room if that were to happen? anyone had any experiences to share?

Hello! I went on a cruise a couple of months after being banded and it went fine. I did have to be careful not to overeat and I stayed away from the buffet's but we went to the dining room for all three meals. I just didn't have an appetizer and when my meal arrived I cut it in half. I did speak to the maitre'd about making sure they knew I didn't want any pasta's or rice put on my plate. They were pretty accomadating. I also didn't have any bread. We also didn't use the elevator's at all! That is where I was successful. I did eat dessert every evening but all those stairs helped to come off of a seven day crusie 2 pounds lighter. All of our other cruises I always gained a minimum of 10 pounds!

Enjoy your cruise and have fun! I am soo jealous I want to go on another cruise! What is your favorite cruise line? Our last cruise was on Norwegian and I would never do that again. I am not a freestyle cruise fan. I found out I like structure to much lol.

Hi, Allie! We have only cruised on Carnival and Royal Carribean. I like them equally as well. I think they are probably the Chevrolets of cruises, but we've never been on a Cadillac cruise line, so we don't know the difference, and we love it!

Thanks for your suggestions! I hope you get to go on a cruise soon. I remember after we took the first one, I was HOOKED on cruising! I would dream about it frequently!

Allie I am going on NCL in May. This will be my first freestyle experience. I hope I don't mind it. It's in the Meditteranean and my thought was the cruise is so port extensive that we won't have to worry about rushing to a set dinner time, etc. My favorite though is Royal Carribean or Princess.

Hey there.. I am sure you will like NCL I just hated the freestyle way. We have been on quite a few carnival cruises and love the pampered way your dining experiences are with them. You have the same waitress or waiter throughout the cruise and they anticipate your every need. With freestyle you have different waiters at every meal. It didn't feel as pampered..lol. That was the only difference. It was nice eating whenever we wanted but wouldn't choose freestyling again. I definetly want to try Royal Caribbean and Celebrity since I have heard so many great things about them. Man I want to go on a cruise now! :frown: I'm so jealous of you both! Have fun!

I understand what you are saying about the same waiters pampering you. My last 2 cruises were on Princess to Alaska and we did the anytime dining which is I believe similar to NCL's freestyle. I didn't like the cattle callness of it where everyone came at the same time, you got a beeper like a busy restaurant. I missed the dessert presentations and having the same waiter. But for a cruise like that where we were in port at odd times it was nice to know we didn't have to hurry back for our seating as well. DH is looking forward to no formal night as it's optional on NCL, I think I might miss it.

Hii everyone! I'm 20 going on 21 i was banded June 3rd 2008. My starting weight was 365 and now im down to 288 so said the scale a couple days ago [: I have had one fill and i just had it in January. I may be in need of another fill but i'm just going to work super hard to get down to 278 before i have to get another one.

Hii everyone! I'm 20 going on 21 i was banded June 3rd 2008. My starting weight was 365 and now im down to 288 so said the scale a couple days ago [: I have had one fill and i just had it in January. I may be in need of another fill but i'm just going to work super hard to get down to 278 before i have to get another one.

great job nicole! keep up the good work!