Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

We are 8 days into the sweetest month of the year. I thought we could start a thread for encouragement and advise.

So, I will start. I was banded on 2/3. So far no problems.

I have been reading for a couple of days and I love the fact that everyone is so supportive. My husband tries, but he just doesn't get it. :thumbdown:

So, who wants to join me on this life changing adventure.

I was banded January 28th so I guess technically I count! I haven't had any problems either. The first few days besides feeling really uncomfortable it was hard for me to drink the Protein Shakes but they go down alot better now. I got my staples removed last Thursday and I feel great now that they're removed. I finally get to venture to pureed foods this week. I can't wait to get back on real food.< /p>

I was banded on 2/3/09 and other than being really tired and some gas pain, all is going well.:thumbdown:

I am supposed to return to work on Tues but I am thinking about taking another day to rest. Are others out there extremely tired too?

My surgery was 02/03, in Portland, Maine, and I am relieved to find that things seem to be going well!

Pain around the port and some gassy moments have been the worst of it so far, hooray!

I'm actually eating a well-blended cocktail of tuna and cottage cheese, just to see how that goes....

congrats to all my fellow Fab Febs!

Monday check In

How is everyone?

One week in and everything is great!:)

Anyone else getting sick of liquids. Is it sad that I am looking forward to mushy bananas and cream of wheat by the end of this week?

Have a good day

Traci

Hi, I'm Cindy. I was banded on 2/5/09. So far so good. Only think bothering me post surgery is pain in my right shoulder.

Edited by cndn610
try to get signature

Traci-

I am so sick of liquids. I am actually excited to fire up my blender and food processor on Friday (I was banded 2/2 and get to move on to mushies then).

Until Friday, I am dutifully sipping on Water, low-cal gatorade, broth, and whatever else I can pass off as "thin-liquid".

Good luck!

Laur

i'm being banded one week from today.

I go from being extremely excited and impatient for this thing to happen, to terrified that I'm going to somehow screw it up and end up being one those few with complications and difficulty losing. What a rollercoaster ride!

It's great to see some familiar names already in post-op recovery. It's reassuring that you guys are all doing well.

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on 02/04. I never thought I would look forward to eating Creme of Wheat and yogurt. I have had no problems other than being hungry. I think this has been the hardest week of my life, without solid foods. But the end result is worth it!!

My doctor has me on a two-week post op diet of either 5 low-sugar milk based Protein shakes per day, OR 3 of those shakes and blended foods such as tuna, chicken, cottage cheese, applesauce, etc. I've been afraid to try the blended foods, even though so far liquids haven't been a problem. I'm going to try and eat more of those soft foods now, since it seems that I am ready.

I find it very interesting that when I was only drinking Water and broth I would feel hungry quite often. Since I've been adding Protein powder to drinks, I find that I am not nearly as hungry. Guess that really does make a difference!

Tonight I'm going to bust loose with a yogurt, yum!!

Thanks to all who are posting here- it's great to connect with folks, and the information sharing has been really helpful for me.

keep up the good work, and hang in there until mushies!

Hello all.. I was banded on 2/3 and have been on a clear liquid only diet... (no shakes yet) so everything is sweet... I hate the chicken broth so I bought chicken noodle Soup and drained off the liquid and that was yummy.. everything else though has been so sweet even if its sugar-free. I was so desperate today that I drank pickle juice. Yummm... I'm just craving something salty. I'm haveing a party at midnight with my daughter and MIL to Celebrate that I made it the full week on nothing... cream Soups and yogurt never looked so good. It's funny how drs. differ on the pre/post-op diets.

The only other thing is that I have some heaviness in my chest when standing or walking for long periods. Guess that is where the band is and the soreness of the stomache.

I have been able to sleep on my side and stomach for a bit and was so tickled to do it.

Wish everyone else a speedy recovery.

I was banded on 2-4 feeling okay so far, some heavyness in my chest but have had very little pain, think I over did it yesterday somewhat sore today, am on full liquids so had some oatmeal this morning didn't think oatmeal could taste as good as it did. Am going to try some pureed canned meat tonight, just want something with flavor. I feel this is one of the best things I have ever done for myself!! Even my DH is excited for me, and usually he doesn't get to excited about things that I do. Hope everyone keeps feeling better everyday!!!!!!!!!!!