Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH Juli's Plastic Surgery

This is all very exciting. My last surgery was 7 hours and it was worth all of it. Just hope you have some good helpers when you get home. Let me know if you have any questions that I could answer. Wishing you the best!

This is all very exciting. My last surgery was 7 hours and it was worth all of it. Just hope you have some good helpers when you get home. Let me know if you have any questions that I could answer. Wishing you the best!

Karey,

I was looking at your dates, surgery then unfill then band loss, then rebanded...

Was there a relationship between the plastic surgery and needing an immediate unfill?

I started having problems with my band immediately following my first Tummy Tuck. Along with that tummy tuck, I had my port changed to a low profile port. I believe, but can't prove that someone, either the plastic surgeon or the lapband surgeon pulled to hard on my band. I had problems for about 4 months when I finally had a serious slip (probably been that way for a while) and had to have my band replaced. I know a lot of people that have had their port replaced at the time of their tummy tuck, and I think that I just had bad luck. That being said, if you have any problems right after your surgery, I would get it checked out ASAP, so that a relationship between the two events could be established. I just had to pay for everything myself and it really sucked! I love my new body and I would do it all over again!

Wow,

I'm not getting a new port, but the PS is repositioning the old one. He promises to hide it as best possible.

I'm debating on getting unfilled before surgery and really can't decide. Due to my schedule and my docs I'd be unfilled a full two weeks before the surgery. It would probably be two weeks after before I'd be able to get refilled so I'm just really disinclined.

I'm reasoning with myself that I can run immediately to the hospital for an unfill if necessary after surgery but I don't know if I'm being plain stupid or not.

The other thing is that I don't wear my band uber tight, so there's some wiggle room if it does snug up after surgery...

What are your thoughts?

I am debating on whether or not to get an unfill too. Does a port revision mean that the Fluid will be drained from the band automatically? If that's the case, I'm not sure I want a low profile port, but I will still need the port moved as it is sitting next to my belly button and the hernia that is going to be repaired.

As for the unfill, I don't wear my band tight either, but I have problems every single month that I have my period. The band gets super tight and I can't eat anything but liquids or I'll PB. I certainly don't want problems after the Tummy Tuck, but I like my restriction where it is now (except for TOM).

Cathy

I believe that the port and band system doesn't get emptied during the port move.

My port sits right in the muscles that get laced together as part of the TT. It so has to be moved regardless of being filled or not.

Juli your right, if the Drs are only moving the port over, the system itself doesn't get unfilled. But if your are getting a low profile port then you do lose Fluid.

My port was moved over with my Ps as it too was sitting in my muscles that were getting laced together.

If you like your restriction I wouldn't get an unfill. You're probably be fine. If the swelling on your tummy seems to bother your band, just go on liquid protiens for a couple days. The swelling will go done and your band should be fine.

I didn't get an unfill, but I wasn't tight and had wiggle room after surgery swelling.

Edited by Shalee04
spelling

OhJuli -- I'm so happy for you with your PS date! Best of all results! Are you getting arms done? I am truly getting world class bat wings going at this point. hee hee.

Special K-

I am getting my arms done. They need it-badly. I'm having a 360 with a vertical incision too. I had a breast reduction years ago which is to be revised too, but no implants.

Frankly I don't what I'm more excited about, my arms, which are buff, if I do say so myself or getting rid of the stomach.

There's a lot of skin on the stomach.

I'll be at the meeting on Saturday unless it's good cycling weather. Hope you are well.

Congratulations Juli! I'm very excited for you!

I hear you on the arms. I think my arms bother me more than my tummy. Now with summer coming up, shirt sleeves are getting shorter and shorter. Ughh, I hate it! Once I get closer to goal, my arms and breasts will probably be the first thing I do.

Good luck with it! You have done a phenomenal job! I'm sure you will look fantastic!!

I am excited about all of it. Jeni, who has a thread on here too, had her band done the same month as me. She's home recovering from her surgery.

I want so badly to know what I'm going to look like, what I'm going to wear.

I'm freaking a little about all the change and the very real reality that I'm going to have to buy new bras and panties and everything ELSE.

I'm going on a trip to Vegas the week before and I'm sad and happy about not being able to buy new clothes for it. I refuse to spend money on something that isn't going to fit a few weeks later. But I'm happy that I'm going to change that drastically!!!

The solution? Shoes! I bought two new pair of shoes.

I saw the surgeon today to prepay (ouch) and to go over the details.

The doctor dude is more excited than I am for the difference that he's going to create in my body. Well, probably be not more than me, but he was really very positive about the whole thing. Might I add, he said, "You'll be tiny."

Tiny? Me?

He put me at ease about the length of the surgery and all the things that were on my mind.

I'm getting more and more prepared.

And lastly I've got my script for liquid percocet so it will be at home when I get here. Oh, and he's sending me home with a pain pump too. hehehehe

And the best news was that he said I can get back to exercising full on after two weeks, all but my abs. Those need to wait a month, but otherwise, if I feel like it, I'll be allowed to ride my bike and other activities.

So YIPPIE!!!!