Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothes..........

Hi,

Seeing as most people in this forum is post-op (or soon to be!!!), I think we are all in the same situation.

Clothes.

What to do with our old clothes that are too big and having an aversion to buying new clothes that (hopefully) wont fit us for very long. It would be a pointless and expensive exercise. I'm thinking we should swap them. WE could then rotate them to the next person who needs them! I am obviously only talking about decent quality clothes.......no holes, no stains, no fading etc. If you dont like them, dont wear them and keep them for the next person.

So, is anyone in melbourne in need of size 22-24 clothes? Mine are mostly from City Chic and Myer. On the flip side, is there anyone in Melbourne with excess size 20'ish clothes? I would be happy to look at them to save some $$$.

Is this a stupid idea? Would love to hear what people think.

hope everyone has a great night.

Megs

The only problem is people's tastes in clothes. I also have an excess of Size 22's and 24's which I think are really lovely dresses and shirts for a 57 year old.

I have some family members who are big so I thought I'd ask them first and then give the rest to the Salvation Army/St.Vinnies or Lifeline.

I also thought that I would temporarily shop for clothes at those stores.I looked in some stores recently. Some of their stock is amazing and as I'll only be in them for a short time I think that might be economical until I get to goal. Ssshhh!!!

Good idea Megsy, I cant believe how out of control its gotten! I cant imagine what these people are going through, puts all of our pitiful issues into perspective.

Now I know how its gotten so out of control, its arsonists! I had no idea! And they keep relighting fires that have been put out! I cant believe it!

Yes, donation, lovely idea.

We live in Narre Warren, the six homes that were lost were only streets away, it was sooo scary - we were hosing the house down as we were close enough to come under ember attack, and adoona cover on the washing line got burned. Luckily, Doug only cleaned the guttering out a week or two ago, but neighbours on both sides dont maintain their properties at all, one of them mows his lawn only when it gets waist high and then throws all the clipping against the fences, so right round the perimeter of his property is fench high piles of dead grass. And given they build houses so close together in new suburbs, if they go up, we do, nothing surer.

We had the cars packed and ready to take off, but the wind changed right at the right minute. But there were fires everywhere, mainly grass fires, and I was only remarking a week or two back that I was glad to live in a built up urban area where fire was not a worry! But I guess there still is plenty of open land out here.

Jachut, how scary that must have been for you.

I used to live in Berwick before I moved to SA. One of my highschool friend's brothers lives in the street where the houses were lost in Narre. His car was burnt out and his house was damaged, though he was very lucky as his next door neighbour and 5 other houses in the street burnt down. His house will be able to be repaired.

The whole thing is very devestating.

Oh my God! You must have been terrified! What a stroke of luck that wind was! Someone's looking after you! And it just goes to show that none of us is safe where fire's concerned. Best wishes to anyone out there affected by this awful tragedy. If I hear anything about sending things down there I'll let you all know.

Hey Jacut,

I didn't know Narre was affected! We used to live in Narre Warren North (Oatlands estate), was it near there? I bet it was deliberately lit too.

Sunshine.... I think if you give the clothes to any of the charities (red cross, st vinnes etc) and tell them they are for the VIC bushfires - they will get there. Then again, any clothes you donate may go to flood victims. QLD has had a pretty rough week as well.

Graet idea Megsy, bigger sized clothing can be scarce at charity shops so I bet they would really appreciate your donations. :-)

Such a tragedy...

Eight homes lost in Narre North - not in Oatlands, but a bit further north, in of Crawley Rd, where all the larger blocks are.

there was a pretty huge fire, the first one I noticed, in the market garden behind my friend's house, we were there swimming. They have an acre on Centre Rd. We're in Narre South and the fires up our end came in through the Cranbourne Golf Course, and flying sparks caused several grass fires, which eventually ignited homes.

More fires today in Cranbourne North and Lynbrook, but you cant see any evidence of it in the sky, its not smoky or anything,