Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone bored being skinny? Now that I am officialy skinny I feel like whats next. I miss being able to eat. Is it worth it?

What!!!??? Let me ask you, did you have any medical problems while overwight? Do you miss them? Do you miss your thighs rubbing together or the difficulty you might have had getting out of a chair? Do you miss the lack of respect some fat people get just for being heavy? How about your before surgery appearance. Do you miss that? It just goes to show you. Some people are just never satisfied.

You obviously made being overwight your primary focus in life before lap band and now that you have achieved your goal and no longer have weight as a problem to conquer in your life, you are bored and can't figure out what to do next in life. I say start a hobby, join a class, go to church and make some new friends, get out and enjoy life. It is a precious gift hat God has given you.

Was it worth it? Yes! Yes! and Yes!

We only eat to live, not live to eat. Whatever you put into your mouth, enjoy it! Whatever you can't put in any longer, enjoy it! Enjoy Life!

Anyone bored being skinny? Now that I am officialy skinny I feel like whats next. I miss being able to eat. Is it worth it?

I'll trade places with you any day.

Geez are you serious! :confused:

Are you hoping for a flame here? :angry:

Maybe you could get fat again, and then lose the weight again? It'd give you something to do.....

If you miss being able to eat ....go ahead and eat for gods sake. If you were able to control yourself enough to get SKINNY you should be able to control yourself enough to eat what you want within reason. Maybe you are bored because you are depriving yourself.

Maybe you could get fat again, and then lose the weight again? It'd give you something to do.....

Plain, Hillarious!!!:cursing::lol:

IMB316,

I kinda get it. While I still have over 60lbs to go I think I understand. You spend so much time thinking about the surgery and planning for it and then its over. Then you have to concentrate on losing the weight and on what you are eating that you keep your mind/self busy. You spend so much time dreaming and imagining what you can wear and what you will look like that it keeps you occupied. Now you have nothing to fixate your mind on so your bored. I have never reached my goal weight before so I'm not sure what will happen when I do but I cant wait to find out. I guess that you just need to find something new to concentrate on. Its just like planning for a wedding and then its over.

good luck

Rain

OMG, your killing me here! LOL:biggrin:

I get it too ... a lot of times when we reach a long-cherished, hard-fought goal, we feel like "Is that all there is?" Elliot Easton, lead guitarist of the popular new-wave band The Cars (remember them?) has said several times that he struggled a bit with success when it hit. He thought that if the band could just make a successful album, all his problems would be solved, and was surprised to find that he was still the same person, with good days and bad days.

So it is with being skinny. You're there, now what? It sounds like you just need to regroup, or maybe get some counseling. Anything's better than being fat again!

Many people are haunted all their lives by two words: What's next?

Career, money, homes, cars, social status, family, eventually if you reach a goal in life, you tend to focus on where you are now; not whence you came.

It seems that life keeps moving the goal posts back after every successful kick.

You seem to have fixed the outside, maybe it is time to fix the inside. (wow, did that just sound like a load of crap from Dr. Phil or what?)

Basic instinct will lead most people to overcome any adversity, to know the true measure of a person's character; give them success.

How about training for a marathon or lowering your BMI a point or something if you really need a goal. Hell, I dont know. I cant even believe that you would wonder if it is worth it. Are you so bored you need to eat for entertainment? Pick up a book. Learn to knit. Volunteer. Seriously.