Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Calling all Georgians, anybody there?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this website and the board - so a big hello out there to everyone! I live in Woodstock, GA and my surgeon is Dr. Paul Macik. My surgery is scheduled for 10/06/06. He put me on a no carb diet until then (for 2 months!) because my liver looked fatty so they want me to trim it down...so one week into my no carb diet and I've lost 6 pounds! :)

A little bit about me - I'm 35, married, one 10 year old daughter, and live in Woodstock, GA. I work as a legal assistant for a major insurance company and also attend Kennesaw State University at night to finish my undergrad degree in political science.

Hello to all Georgians...

bdaleblonde...I am here in Savannah Area...My surgeon was (is) Dr. Peter Henderson...and I feel he is the BEST...(IMHO) They have done lots of Lapbands now and are perfecting their after care...

I am 14 1/2 month post op and have now lost 90.4 lbs...I am really excited about that....I now wear 14/16 blouses...(started in 26/28 or 3X's) and 22 slacks...(started in tight size 30's slacks) not bad with being on Steroids for 3-4 months in the middle....This was the Best thing to do...(for me)

De. Henderson is having an informational meeting in Pooler on Weds. Night...(Aug 16th.) at the Holiday Inn express at exit 102 (off Hyway 95)

Good Luck with your reasearch...

Blessings, Debbi

311.6/221.2/160

5'10"

Hello everyone - I am new here and was just banded 8/14/06. I live in Dallas, GA and was banded by Dr. Scott in Rome - he is awesome. I am still on Full liquids and anxiously awaiting regular food. I have lost a few pounds already - but I know that the real stuff begins after a fill.

Anyway - a little about me - I am 33, happily married, with 3 wonderful kids (7y. 3y. 11 months). I am also full time in nursing school now after working on my core classes for the past two years. I went back to school after 13 years.. Yes - I am nuts....

After years of doing for my family and all - I decided it's time to do something for me - going back to school was #1 and getting banded was #2 - hmmmmmm I wonder what #3 will be. LOL...

Congrats to all of you GA banders!!! and GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

Any Georgia future or current Banders on this site. I live in southeast Ga and wanted to see if there were any people from the Ga on here!

Dee Dee

Hi! I am from Donalsonville-southwestern GA. I was banded in Feb. 2005 and I had lost 81 lbs. until my recent gain of 10-11 lbs. :D I had an easy time of it in the first 4-5 months becuase I was going to school full time and not working so I was able to go to Curves 3-4 times per week. I went back to work in June of 05 and have not been to the gym since. My weightloss slowed down considerably so I am now a believer in exercise making to biggest difference. I came to this sight because I need some support to get back to losing weight. If you would like to help me out and I could do the same for you email me @ tdl6@alltel.net so we can set up a buddy system.:help:

Hi happytrucker280! Dr. Bagnato is my surgeon. He was really nice, but you don't see him often. Karen takes care of the patients post op. She's great. Good Luck with your surgery.

Hi, I'm in Southwest Georgia and have been to a meeting in December 04, I have been to both doctor's and they have written a letter to my insurance carrier. It took 4 months to get the doctors to write, and another 2 months to get the carrier to respond, should have an answer this week

Danno

Hang in there Danno. I first began looking into the band in april of 2004. I did not have my surgery until feb 2005. It is a rough and stressful road, but completely worth it. The first time you have to by smaller clothes because the old ones actually fall off when you walk it will be totally worth the red tape.

Heather it is so strange to hear about someone form Ringgold when I was thinking the other day about college and a girl from my class was from there. Can't remember her name right now, but she was really nice.

Anyway, how has your losing been going? I have slowed down considerably. In the beginning I could go one day without eating much and lose 5 lbs. and now I could do that for a week and not lose anything. I have begun to get frustrated. I have a 10 band and my first fill was 5 cc! talk about a killer I thought I would die. Since I had 4 fills of 1 cc each taking me close to the max. I began to have problems with reflux so bad that I had nothing but acid to come out when I got sick. They removed 2 cc. Although I still have problems some days, I am gaining so I must be eating something right? Anyway let me know what you think about your band.

Hello out there

I am just beginning this process and am nervous, excited, satisfied with my decison to have lapband surgery. I have a ton of questions that range from preop to life with the lapband. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can use all the support I can get.:confused:

D.

I was banded 9/9/06 in TJ by Dr. Kuri. Was a very good experience. I live near Athens. Have not had a fill yet. Plan to go back to MX for first fill. Does anyone know of or attend a support group near Atlanta?

Hey all you Georgians!!!

I am a true blue Georgian :clap2: (born and raised) but was love-jacked (as opposed to hi-jacked) by my precious Yankee DH to New Jersey:kiss2: . My family is in the Stone Mountain/Snellville area with family ties in Milledgeville as well as beginning my teaching career in the Vidalia area. I also went to college in the Rome area AND additional work at UGA! So I have been all over our great state (anddddd a piece of my heart will always be in Savannah and the Golden Isles). I LOVE my Georgia and miss it terribly. It feels like home reading this thread though so hope you guys don't mind me lurking!!! I was banded up here in Jersey 7-11-06 and have been a slow loser but would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Peace to all of my fellow Georgians!!!

Ruthie