Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Calling all Georgians, anybody there?

Hey Divalicious --

I'm in Atlanta area... there are some Albany bandsters I know of. Did you check the Georgia section of this site.

dishdiva

08-28-03

Yes I did but they haven't logged on in a while. I am near savannah. Just wanted to know how many we have on here from Ga. So DishDiva how has it been going since you got your band?

Guest latinagirl

hi, I live in jesup so we are pretty close. I was banded in Nov 2004 by dr.Ortiz in mexico. I have already lost 47 and I have about 28 more to go. I didn't have alot of weight to lose like other so maybe thats why it's going so slow and I've only had 2 fills.I had my first one in jacksonville but my second one I opted to go back to MX because they give you more of a fill and they do it under fluro. I think I would lose faster if I excersied some. If I may ask who did your surgery.

I was banded 8/03 and lost close to 60 pounds. But, I had slippage 5/04 and my band was unfilled. I gained 20 pounds...then had revision surgery last March. Lost about 10 pounds and had to have another unfill because of acid reflux and other complications. I need to go to my regular doctor to make sure everything is okay before I go back for another fill. The good news is I am NOT typical of most bandsters -- whose experience is far better than mine. But I'm still hopeful.

I love Savannah...St. Simons...haven't really been to other parts of S. Georgia.

Good luck with your surgery on the 29th. Who's doing it?

Hey, I live across the causeway from St. Simons. Just 10 minutes actually. I am hoping that this will be the best change for me. I have always dreaded surgery but this time I am looking forward to it. DR. Kent will be doing my surgery if all goes well with the insurance. Hey Latina girl I live in Brunswick so we are not far from each other at all. YOu could actually get your fills done here in town because they do the fills and everything. 47 pounds is alot I don't care if it is slow at least you lost it! LOL

Hello Good people....I'm in the Tifton area, about an hour east of Albany. I'm not banded yet, but soon hopefully. I want to go with Dr. Bagnato.

Pattycool.gif

Hi, I am in Villa Rica GA just west of Atlanta. I had surgery on March 10th

with Dr Lopez in TJ. Have had one fill back in May in Mx. So far I have lost

about 28 pounds. So glad to see some GA folks on here! I check it everyday

and always saw that same ole Dr Ponce post from April!

Rhonda

Dr Lopez 3/10/05

221/193/140

First Fill May 7, 2005 3 cc's

Well it is nice to meet all of you! I am still awaiting my insurance company to make a decision I am positive the will approve me. I have never been to Villa Rica, Ga but I go to Atlanta alot cause I have family there. Hey Patty one of my good friends is a trucker man can she move them 18 wheelers

lol

Hi, I'm in Southwest Georgia and have been to a meeting in December 04, I have been to both doctor's and they have written a letter to my insurance carrier. It took 4 months to get the doctors to write, and another 2 months to get the carrier to respond, should have an answer this week

Danno

Guest jkelley007

Hey

I live in Columbus, GA and was banded on June 22, 05. Where do you live? It is nice to meet you!

Chantel

Hi jKelley

I'm only about 30 min. from you (Opelika). I had surgery on Aug. 8, 2005 in Mexico. Dr. Rumbaut did my surgery. Where did you have surgery?

I live in a little town just north of Dalton Ga and south of Chattanooga Tn called Ringgold. I was banded March 10, 2005 by Dr. Ponce. Nice to meet all of you.