Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inauguration... what did you think?

Babe

I didn't watch because that sort of stuff make me fidget (speeches and things), but I'm not surprised that Obama was impressive and I'm happy he's our President now.

Oh I saw Michelle's dress on CNN while I was working out and it was gorgeous!

whining Republicans
posts like #2 was what prompted the thread to be started!!!

Wow! I've re-read my post several times and don't find it negative at all!

First, I never said I was a Republican.

Second, I'm a SAHM w/a part time job that I do from home, it's a rare morning to have by myself to get some work done! I thought that was pretty positive! I was excited!

Third, he has some views that I don't agree with and if he gets his way, which he probably will, it could very much hurt my family. So when I said "God help us," I meant it personally.

Fourth, I NEVER watch those things! Doesn't matter who I voted for! I didn't watch any of the Bush ones, Clinton ones, Reagan, Carter, etc. I NEVER watch them. I do believe I said that!

I wish him all the luck in the world. Just don't agree with him.

I'm surprised at the attack. :tongue: She asked a question and I answered it! WOW!

'Night all.

It was not meant as an attack from me.

Back a long time ago a thread was started that many of us still chat on called something to do with posting just to post.

The thread began with someone saying they didn't understand posts such as yours....where the original poster (in the other thread for instance) ask for good fish recipes....and people posted they hate fish. She ask for recipes. She did not understand why they posted unless it was just to post....

I got the same chuckle out of your post.

The original poster ask what did you think of the inauguration.....and you state you did not watch it---you never watch them. Ok.....

I did not get any negativity from it---just the same kind of ummmmmm ok......well back to the question at hand for those who DID watch, what did you think.

It was just something I referred them to, because they were not around when the PJTP thread began.

I was not intending to flame you with it, nor refer to you in any political manner.

I apologize if it offended you, it was not meant to....sorry.

Kat

Being from the DC area, I can say I am glad it is all over and there were no problems. I am looking forward to seeing things settle down and some work getting done now!

Up here in Canada, Canadians have been super excited about your new president. I saw coverage of local school kids watching the events on TV, holding school made banners. There have been reports of Canadians making the trek down to Washington in order to participate in your big day. And it is easy to buy Obama t-shirts up here. You can find them in any mall, it seems.

His election means a great deal to all Canadians but especially so to Canadians of colour. In short, there sure has been a lot of partying up here north of the border.

Congratulations on your brand new President!

I watched it as much as I could with two little kids running around and my 5 year old, who is weirdly politically aware, was interested. I am thrilled he was elected and I look forward to what is to come!

It was not meant as an attack from me.

Back a long time ago a thread was started that many of us still chat on called something to do with posting just to post.

The thread began with someone saying they didn't understand posts such as yours....where the original poster (in the other thread for instance) ask for good fish recipes....and people posted they hate fish. She ask for recipes. She did not understand why they posted unless it was just to post....

I got the same chuckle out of your post.

The original poster ask what did you think of the inauguration.....and you state you did not watch it---you never watch them. Ok.....

I did not get any negativity from it---just the same kind of ummmmmm ok......well back to the question at hand for those who DID watch, what did you think.

It was just something I referred them to, because they were not around when the PJTP thread began.

I was not intending to flame you with it, nor refer to you in any political manner.

I apologize if it offended you, it was not meant to....sorry.

Kat

I need to apologize to you, the OP and every one else on the thread. Reading your last post I was trying to figure out what you were talking about. I never post just for the heck of it, so I went back and READ the OP. The light bulb went on! If I had read it correctly the first time, I would never have posted. I thought that she was asking DID we see it, not IF we saw it!!! That's a big difference! No wonder everyone was up in arms! Tho SnT took it a little far!

Kat, you didn't offend me. I was just taken aback by the posts against what I'd said. Esp. SnT's post, that one really took me by surprise. I would never have expected that based on past communication with her. :thumbup:

Thank you so much for clarifying what you were talking about. That lead me to realize my mistake by posting in the first place.

Have a good day.

Michelle, you are free to post anywhere on any thread, I was just making reference to it. YOU are not the offender that the other thread, the PJTP thread was originally made regarding.

There have always been a few, tho they are mostly gone by the wayside now, that HAD to respond to every possible thread. It was kind of funny in the beginning, then it kind of soured!!! All the threads began going off topic, and being made into jokes about the OP. I never thought you were posting in an effort to do that. Was just using you as an example, and that was rude and uncalled for from me......

There are posters all over the board with agendas....and I am sure you have seen them, no matter what the thread, they turn it into THEIR discussion, whether it be religion or politics, or how the band failed them---whatever so they can voice THEIR opinion repeatedly. They have been extremely prominent lately, so you likely caught me in a grump!!!!

Strange how those moods come so often the older I get!!! LOL

Kat

Being from the DC area, I can say I am glad it is all over and there were no problems. I am looking forward to seeing things settle down and some work getting done now!

DC must have been very, very busy over the past few days.

I didn't get a chance to watch it on TV -- stupid work! -- but I did watch some online. I loved when Beyonce sang "At Last" while the Obamas danced. It was like America's Wedding Reception. (Where's my cake?)

I clearly misunderstood and I apologize. I read your post of, "I just have to say, God help us in the next 4 years!!" as something negative against Obama like we were up creek. I thought, "not already"!

And PS - I realized this morning why I was crankier than usual, ahem. Again, I apologize!!!

Oh and my father sent me something funny today. He'd heard that Prez Obama had frozen the salaries for staffers that make over 100K. My father said, "the Congress should take a note considering they have a 10% (exaggerated) approval rating." Bah!! I'd be happy if Obama could just limit earmarks (pork)!!!